Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 08:02:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam Bighill vs Wendy Williams  (Read 1767 times)
Norm W

« on: January 13, 2020, 03:53:53 PM »

Bit of a dust-up occurring in the Facebook world with Adam Bighill and a talk show celebrity. I'll give Wendy Williams the benefit of doubt when it comes to using the term celebrity and talk show host to describe her.

It seems Adam Bighill is seeking a public apology and a meaningful donation to an appropriate charity or non-profit group to make amends for the remarks and gestures she made on her TV show as they relate to persons with facial differences, i.e. cleft lip or a cleft palate. Adam is on day 3 of his campaign, I'm guessing Wendy Williams has no clue as to the personal character and determination Adam Bighill brings to the table.           

https://www.facebook.com/adam.bighill?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARDwqz6Rwzy2C65veVYW-NpybicNe9SaLTaPXSS0cGNdY9c1zTxGYNuJFpxB0jyquLTQ8w_EN3SbHhpS&hc_ref=ARSrB6g3lvXTiOveqchHiEX70Oa2EIw4ZqJ-9aP3ftnqAbZ-xFthQxTT0nSYJridVtM&fref=nf

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 04:49:57 PM »

It was a pretty disgusting gesture by Williams and I doubt she cares. At most, she'll muster some forced apology and that'll be that.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 11:53:36 PM »

She will like the attention as bad press can help her sell her crappy show.  I don't know here but the wife says she isn't very bright.

Good on Biggie, we got your back.  Happy his kid is having surgery, many around the world are not so lucky.  I didn't know this about Biggie.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 06:17:20 AM »

I don't FB at all, so I can't tell what she said, but anything picking on cleft problems is pretty low.  It's a free country (well, used to be) so I'm ok with her saying what she wants to, but I hope she understands 99% of Canada will side with Biggie on this one!  Does she want to pick on people born missing a limb too?

We stand behind you Adam!!

... At first when I read the headline I thought they were talking about Wendy O. Williams  Grin  I know I'm dating myself just knowing that name... I wouldn't mind seeing a Bighill vs O.Williams  Cheesy  (RIP Wendy)

Never go full Rider!
Norm W

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 12:21:37 PM »

I don't FB at all, so I can't tell what she said, but anything picking on cleft problems is pretty low. 

It's gone much wider than FB & Twitter, several news sources have picked up the story.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/wendy-williams-cleft-lip_ca_5e1cb294c5b650c621e31cc5

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/blue-bomber-bighill-apology-wendy-williams-1.5425714

https://globalnews.ca/news/6403099/blue-bomber-adam-bighill-wendy-williams/

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/blue-bomber-adam-bighill-condemning-comments-from-wendy-williams-about-cleft-lip-and-palate-1.4765383

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 01:03:07 PM »

I don't FB at all, so I can't tell what she said, but anything picking on cleft problems is pretty low.  It's a free country (well, used to be) so I'm ok with her saying what she wants to, but I hope she understands 99% of Canada will side with Biggie on this one!  Does she want to pick on people born missing a limb too?

We stand behind you Adam!!

... At first when I read the headline I thought they were talking about Wendy O. Williams  Grin  I know I'm dating myself just knowing that name... I wouldn't mind seeing a Bighill vs O.Williams  Cheesy  (RIP Wendy)

It was on TV, it wasn't a facebook comment.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »

The bigger question is why / how does Wendy Williams even have a talk show. Doesn't seem to have any talent whatsoever.

No more excuses.
Sec227

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 05:10:17 PM »

The bigger question is why / how does Wendy Williams even have a talk show. Doesn't seem to have any talent whatsoever.
Agreed, I don't even know who the heck she is...I had to google.
dd

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »

My sentiment exactly. Kick this classless skank to the curb where she belongs!! And good on Biggie for calling her out on this
Jesse

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 04:58:59 AM »

Adam wins this round.

Wendy (whoever she is is - I've never heard of her before this) has apologized and made donations  to a couple different organizations.

A win for all concerned.

My wife is amazing!
Sec223

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »

Who the hell watches her show ? Seems like anyone can get a talk show. Some of them are so bad. We need Johnny Carson back Smiley
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »

While there is a 4 letter word that would describe this person, I give her credit for doing the right thing in the end. Good job standing up Adam.

Agreed I've never heard of Wendy Williams. No idea what she's done in show biz to warrant her own show. From this incident and briefly looking into it, it sounds like one of those trashy gossip crap shows.

Pigskin

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

Williams finally apologized. Good on her.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:45:47 PM by Pigskin » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 03:45:10 PM »

Was it really an apology? 

Wendy Williams@WendyWilliams

@Bighill44
 We?re thinking about Beau today as he is in surgery. I want to apologize to the cleft community and in Beau?s honor, our show is donating to @operationsmile and @AmerCleftPalate  and encourage our Wendy Watchers to learn more and help support the cleft community.

No mention of her initial victim, or any real shame for what she did, and she threw some of her shows (not her own) money at the problem...

In the meantime, she got millions of clicks from her fanbase, and probably picked up viewers among the screwed up demographic her show caters to.

This is a classic case of "There is no bad press, as long as they spell your name right" (even more so today, so people can Google you)...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 04:13:47 PM »

Was it really an apology? 

Wendy Williams@WendyWilliams

@Bighill44
 We?re thinking about Beau today as he is in surgery. I want to apologize to the cleft community and in Beau?s honor, our show is donating to @operationsmile and @AmerCleftPalate  and encourage our Wendy Watchers to learn more and help support the cleft community.

No mention of her initial victim, or any real shame for what she did, and she threw some of her shows (not her own) money at the problem...

In the meantime, she got millions of clicks from her fanbase, and probably picked up viewers among the screwed up demographic her show caters to.

This is a classic case of "There is no bad press, as long as they spell your name right" (even more so today, so people can Google you)...

I agree that her "apology" did not seem very sincere. What a ****

BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 06:44:39 PM »

Wendy Williams should not have a talk show at all...
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 08:00:04 PM »

I agree that her "apology" did not seem very sincere. What a ****

She doesn't care. Some lame tweet and nothing more than a feigned apology probably forced on her by her PR staff. Pathetic.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 10:19:34 PM »

Ya, she doubled her viewership!  From 3 to 6!

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 03:22:16 AM »

She's bigger than Bighill.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 06:08:47 AM »

Can she play MLB??  Grin Grin Grin

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: