Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 09:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanley Bryant is extended...  (Read 1100 times)
the paw

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 08:11:14 PM »

That's pretty weak anyway you slice it..Labatte is a shell of what he was...and injury prone now..Vaughn...pretty average for an Import Tackle and not even in the convo for top 5 Tackles in the league...Clarke though an apparent all-start is crap...still baffles me.....but who do they have as a back-up gfor any of those spots..let alone completing their line, and if free agency is their plan (stupid) it's gonna eat up huge SMS

i agree on the rest...huge holes at key spots and any re-signs ain't gonna be cheap, and more than half their guys who they want back are on wrong side of 30...I don't see 2020 being all rosy for them out there this year...that horse shoe they have had over past couple years is gonna be dropping out with a thunderous clank

It's not quite as desperate as you portray.  I agree with you that their OTs are nothing special, I think Cameron Jefferson from their PR is set to displace one of Cofield or Coleman.  

But if they can sign Bladek and Blake back to go along with Labatte and Shepley, they have an interior there.  Personally I would move Labatte to C at this stage and see if I could get 2 more years out of him.  I think Spencer Wilson would be a good add, given his versatility, or possibly instead of re-upping Blake.

They have a bunch of local depth prospects like Zver, Schram and Vincent Roy.  Normally you write those guys off, but then someone like Cody Speller comes along and shows that a no-namer can crack the line up, and you have to at least consider the possibility.  

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 08:45:56 PM »

It's not quite as desperate as you portray.  I agree with you that their OTs are nothing special, I think Cameron Jefferson from their PR is set to displace one of Cofield or Coleman.  

But if they can sign Bladek and Blake back to go along with Labatte and Shepley, they have an interior there.  Personally I would move Labatte to C at this stage and see if I could get 2 more years out of him.  I think Spencer Wilson would be a good add, given his versatility, or possibly instead of re-upping Blake.

They have a bunch of local depth prospects like Zver, Schram and Vincent Roy.  Normally you write those guys off, but then someone like Cody Speller comes along and shows that a no-namer can crack the line up, and you have to at least consider the possibility.  

Just because you have a PR guy signed to replace a un-signed vet...doesn't mean much especially when never have taken a snap..Bladek is not good...and hasn't played a full season yet as always hurt..and local depth products are nice when proven, and or have some experience...none of which those guys have save for Shepley getting some time early...but that being said whos backing them up?...And blake..whats is he now..37??...and injury concern now too

It's also not like Speller came out of nowhere..he was a guy here the yr prior who team was high on...and was working with same O-line guys for 2 consecutive years...which is huge

Sec223

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 08:50:26 PM »

Isn't this a Stanley Bryant Thread ? Who the hell cares about the Riders ? Smiley
the paw

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 09:26:49 PM »

Just because you have a PR guy signed to replace a un-signed vet...doesn't mean much especially when never have taken a snap..Bladek is not good...and hasn't played a full season yet as always hurt..and local depth products are nice when proven, and or have some experience...none of which those guys have save for Shepley getting some time early...but that being said whos backing them up?...And blake..whats is he now..37??...and injury concern now too

It's also not like Speller came out of nowhere..he was a guy here the yr prior who team was high on...and was working with same O-line guys for 2 consecutive years...which is huge

Jefferson has some NFL time in, I don't think he's just another PR stooge, but I guess we'll see.

The Bombers spent time developing Speller, but undrafted CIS is pretty much the definition of coming out of nowhere.

I don't think the Riders have us much depth as us, but they cobbled together enough of a line to finish ahead of us in the standings, so the cupboard isn't completely bare...

grab grass 'n growl
Pigskin

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »

Isn't this a Stanley Bryant Thread ? Who the hell cares about the Riders ? Smiley

Agree.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 11:49:18 PM »

We love you STTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNLEEEEEEY!  Great news he's back!

The league and pundits have major egg on their faces after giving the MVOL award to Van Turnsteyl.  What a joke that was!  He couldn't stop my 9mo old daughter if she was playing in the GC game.

Stanley!  Stanley!  You're the de facto MVOL, if not de jure.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: