Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 06:22:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching staff...QB's  (Read 2955 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 08:13:31 PM »

Literally no one is talking about a switch up at DC. No doubt we will go with the guy that ended a 29 year championship drought.

Expect 50% chance Hall returns, 100% chance O'Shea replaces him internally if he decides not to.
blue_or_die

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 08:45:23 PM »

Expect 50% chance Hall returns, 100% chance O'Shea replaces him internally if he decides not to.

Probably right.

Btw my post was regarding Hall being fired and replaced. Him deciding to retire is a different story.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »

Probably right.

Btw my post was regarding Hall being fired and replaced. Him deciding to retire is a different story.

0% chance Hall is fired, not going to happen under O'Shea.
blue girl

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 10:36:25 PM »

I agree that Hall won't be fired but as I've said before he may retire and if he does I believe that he will be replaced internally. If this happens we'll need a receivers coach and someone to replace whoever succeeds Hall.
blue_or_die

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 12:05:04 AM »

0% chance Hall is fired, not going to happen under O'Shea.

Correct.

dd

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 02:29:20 AM »

So we win a championship for the first time in 29 years, primarily because the defense stood on its head and didn?t allow peanuts for points in the 3 playoff games and we re still thinking we re firing the guy?? Man is it that cold out there?!? Hall is going no where unless he decides otherwise and since we re a couple of weeks away from free agency, I m thinking he?s staying on. He wouldn?t handcuff Osh by retiring at the last minute
BigBomberFan

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 03:20:28 AM »

You don't have to hope. Of course they are. What do you think they'd be doing?

Ha ha ha......well, you never know when a team might decide to save some money and not sign a coaching staff.

Wink
Jesse

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 04:57:21 AM »

I'm hoping that the Bombers are working quietly behind the scenes to put together a coaching staff. If nothing is announced next week then I'll worry.

It's not like we're in a new regime and are starting from scratch. Bucky is likely our new OC and we will probably hire one new name to serve as a position coach.

I'm not sure what's the worry...

My wife is amazing!
GCn19

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 01:08:34 PM »

With one of our coordinators gone and most likely replaced with a rookie, I cannot see the Bombers looking to taking any further risk to the continuity that the club revels in by replacing Hall. His defence did a masterful job in the playoffs and through most of the last 2 years quite frankly.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 03:45:37 PM »

With one of our coordinators gone and most likely replaced with a rookie, I cannot see the Bombers looking to taking any further risk to the continuity that the club revels in by replacing Hall. His defence did a masterful job in the playoffs and through most of the last 2 years quite frankly.

Agreed, the D played very well at the end of 2018 and throughout the playoffs.
theaardvark

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »

I agree that Hall won't be fired but as I've said before he may retire and if he does I believe that he will be replaced internally. If this happens we'll need a receivers coach and someone to replace whoever succeeds Hall.

And if Buck becomes OC, we need a QB coach as well..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 04:15:43 PM »

And if Buck becomes OC, we need a QB coach as well..

Lapo handled receivers, so I assume Buck will continue to handle QBs while OC so that we don't need to pay for 2 new coaches.

theaardvark

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 04:30:05 PM »

Lapo handled receivers, so I assume Buck will continue to handle QBs while OC so that we don't need to pay for 2 new coaches.

Slight difference between handling Rec as OC and handling QB's...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »

Slight difference between handling Rec as OC and handling QB's...

Other than the technicality that it is a laterally different position, no it's not

theaardvark

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:14 PM »

Other than the technicality that it is a laterally different position, no it's not

So, you think coaching rec's is the same skill level / time commitment required for coaching QB's?  Sorry if I disagree...

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: