Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 06:20:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching staff...QB's  (Read 2954 times)
bigbuff33

« on: January 07, 2020, 12:28:17 PM »

Just wondering what is taking so long to put together our coaching staff.
Not a criticism..you know they are working at it...

Same goes for the QB situation...
I'm in no way suggesting that Bombers brass is sitting on its hands.
We know they are going to do what's best for the team...

But it sure is surprising that by now we haven't settled on these two situations.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »

It's January 7th. The holidays ended barely a week ago.

Not sure how anything is taking "so long" at this juncture.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:19:43 AM »

I have a feeling it's already pretty much worked out on all fronts (OC+QB) and just needs the rubberstamping.  That seems to be the NAT Mafia's M.O.

Never go full Rider!
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »

In on of Walters' year end interviews, he said he knew who he wanted as OC (I assumed it was Buck) and it was of merger of going through the process of the end of year stuff in the order that MOS wanted it.

If it is Buck - I'm sure it's already agreed on and they are just running through their other stuff and then took a break for the holidays.

My wife is amazing!
900bullit

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »

The new OC coach is Buck P.  I have talked to his father-in-law and the position was his weeks ago
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 11:59:41 PM »

I'm not too excited about Buck, liked the guy but he will go through some growing pains.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 06:25:13 AM »

The new OC coach is Buck P.  I have talked to his father-in-law and the position was his weeks ago

If true, I'm all for it.  Recruit from within.  Buck knows the system.  Players know Buck.  He'll cost like half as much as Lapo.  Can coaches get a low salary with performance bonuses (wins or yards for OCs)?  To save ourselves future coach-SMS grief, why not pay him small but with huge win bonuses?  Because...

If it turns out he can't handle it and we lose like 7 in a row to start the season, we ditch or demote him pronto and bring in a vet OC.  That's why a low SMS-hit amount would be handy.

That said, I'm optimistic he can get it done!  And being an ex-QB can have its advantages from a playcalling standpoint...

Never go full Rider!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:26 AM »

Bonus heavy contracts are hard to swing, because it's never a solitary achievable goal, especially in team sports.  Best you would likely get away with, even if it was possible, would be 20%, and that's not going to make a significant difference.

As far as Buck being the new OC, not the worst move the Bombers could make.  What are the other options?  McAdoo?
kkc60

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 12:49:27 PM »

I'm not too excited about Buck, liked the guy but he will go through some growing pains.
You mean like every single new OC, DC, HC or coach in general goes through?
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 01:35:17 PM »

We suspected all along that Buck would be a likely successor.....I just wonder if he can make the transition quickly enough to prevent a drop off in our offensive production.   Hoping only the best for Buck!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GCn19

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 02:44:24 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I had a dollar for every time someone had the inside scoop due to an insider source on these forums I would be a millionaire. I hope you are right though.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue72

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 07:03:35 PM »

This must be something MOS likes to do, wait until all the coaches are picked through and take what is left.

I see Thorpe has signed with EDM so I guess we stick with Hall again unless he moves one of his buddies up from defensive assists to DC. Hall came through last year near the end but his D was up and down most of the season. So do we keep Hall because Lapo moved on and MOS would have to go with two new co-ordinators or do we make a change at DC early and not wait for the old Hall's d to come back.
blue_or_die

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 07:30:01 PM »

This must be something MOS likes to do, wait until all the coaches are picked through and take what is left.

I see Thorpe has signed with EDM so I guess we stick with Hall again unless he moves one of his buddies up from defensive assists to DC. Hall came through last year near the end but his D was up and down most of the season. So do we keep Hall because Lapo moved on and MOS would have to go with two new co-ordinators or do we make a change at DC early and not wait for the old Hall's d to come back.

Literally no one is talking about a switch up at DC. No doubt we will go with the guy that ended a 29 year championship drought.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue girl

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »

I'm hoping that the Bombers are working quietly behind the scenes to put together a coaching staff. If nothing is announced next week then I'll worry.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 08:11:14 PM »

I'm hoping that the Bombers are working quietly behind the scenes to put together a coaching staff. If nothing is announced next week then I'll worry.

You don't have to hope. Of course they are. What do you think they'd be doing?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: