Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2020, 03:49:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Fishing  (Read 482 times)
Pigskin

« on: January 06, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »

I was out ice fishing over the holidays. Was a little leery of the ice. Very bad freeze up around my cabin in Kenora. The kids want to fish so I starting drilling holes from 6' off the shoreline out to about 4' in front of my dock. I found the ice to be about 12"-14" in most spots. The boys had a great time reeling in perch and bass the first couple of days. The water there is only about 8'-9' feet deep. We decided to move to deep water late last week 12'-16' and limited out on walleye's quickly. Lot's on 14"-18", the odd walleye over 20".

GCn19

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 02:43:38 PM »

I was out ice fishing over the holidays. Was a little leery of the ice. Very bad freeze up around my cabin in Kenora. The kids want to fish so I starting drilling holes from 6' off the shoreline out to about 4' in front of my dock. I found the ice to be about 12"-14" in most spots. The boys had a great time reeling in perch and bass the first couple of days. The water there is only about 8'-9' feet deep. We decided to move to deep water late last week 12'-16' and limited out on walleye's quickly. Lot's on 14"-18", the odd walleye over 20".

Very nice. Sounds like a blast.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »

Nice....fun times with and for the kids!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: