Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 07:52:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winston Rose released...signs with Bengals  (Read 3808 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 05:25:39 PM »

Good for him, bad for us. Hopefully our scouts have identified the next Rose.

Not likely to find an equivalent replacement, so the regression begins.  They might want to re-sign Fenner for his experience playing corner.
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 05:56:27 PM »

Not likely to find an equivalent replacement, so the regression begins.  They might want to re-sign Fenner for his experience playing corner.

Ciante Evans, Nick Marshall and Frankie Williams are all potential free agents at the moment. IIRC Williams can play all positions in the secondary and is an excellent returner as well.

I'd be most interested in Marshall if he chooses to leave Regina.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 06:22:53 PM »

Ciante Evans, Nick Marshall and Frankie Williams are all potential free agents at the moment. IIRC Williams can play all positions in the secondary and is an excellent returner as well.

I'd be most interested in Marshall if he chooses to leave Regina.

Nick Marshal is a complete ***-hat, Darvin would surely veto his acquisition.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »

Nick Marshal is a complete ***-hat, Darvin would surely veto his acquisition.
As much as I hate Marshall he is a baller and can lay a lick. Would OSH want him is another question?

Frankie Williams would be a great acquisition as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
RebusRankin

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »

I'd rather land Evans or Williams. Marhsall is an overrated douche.
blue girl

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 10:23:04 PM »

I'm sure that The Bombers have someone else to replace him or will go to free agency to do it.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2019, 11:33:08 PM »

Was amazing to have him while we did

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 01:15:05 AM »

I don?t like Marshall as a guy but that?s most likely my anti-Rider bias. I?m sure I?d throw on the blue tinted sunglasses if we signed him. That said, definitely doubt that happens.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2019, 02:51:15 AM »

Clown Marshall will never sign in WPG while The Mafia is in charge.  He's anti-MOS-locker-room material.  After D.Carter, I'd say Marshall is the biggest clown in the CFL.

As someone already said... Jones#16 staying will go a long way to keeping our DB corps great.  However, I think Jones plays opposite side to Rose.  And the Fenner idea is good too.  I thought he was excellent.  I have a feeling Sayles will be back from the NFL soon.  Add in Alexander and we're almost there!

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 10:55:17 AM »

Fenner?
Are you blind? When he was replaced the secondary immediately I,proved.. He should be a linebacker
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »

Fenner?
Are you blind? When he was replaced the secondary immediately I,proved.. He should be a linebacker

He's experienced and while picked on early last season, he got better as time went on and he got more comfortable with the starting role. Unfortunately, not good enough to keep his job when Mike Jones was coming up the pipe.

With Rose gone, I might propose we move Jones to the boundary side and re-sign Fenner as field corner. Of course, there might be some new talent ready to step in that I don't know about.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
buckzumhoff

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »

Rose was the best defensive back . I think Walters will find a good player . but stay away from Marshall. he was burned bad by Adams a few times also by other receivers  and he takes bad penalties . I wouldn't take any players off sask in the defensive back position
GCn19

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2019, 08:00:25 PM »

Marshall is a selfish player. No thanks. He and Gainey showed incredible lack of discipline all season long. That sort of thing does not fly on a MOS team.

There is some talk in Hamilton that Delvin Breaux may be a SMS casualty. He would be a very nice get if we can afford him.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 08:02:41 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
the paw

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »

He's experienced and while picked on early last season, he got better as time went on and he got more comfortable with the starting role. Unfortunately, not good enough to keep his job when Mike Jones was coming up the pipe.

With Rose gone, I might propose we move Jones to the boundary side and re-sign Fenner as field corner. Of course, there might be some new talent ready to step in that I don't know about.

I'm a Fenner fan, but the fact he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs is not a good sign for his prospects to return.  Mike Jones had a couple of good games in the playoffs, but his early starts in the year were rough.  The jury is still out in terms of how good he is IMHO.

I think Alexander will go back to dhb, and I bet we go Canadian at safety.  If we manage to hang on to Nick Taylor and Sayles comes back, then we will be fine.  If we lose Sayles too, then we need to go shopping.

grab grass 'n growl
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2019, 08:33:15 PM »

I'm a Fenner fan, but the fact he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs is not a good sign for his prospects to return.  Mike Jones had a couple of good games in the playoffs, but his early starts in the year were rough.  The jury is still out in terms of how good he is IMHO.

I think Alexander will go back to dhb, and I bet we go Canadian at safety.  If we manage to hang on to Nick Taylor and Sayles comes back, then we will be fine.  If we lose Sayles too, then we need to go shopping.
well said that pretty much sums it up in the secondary currently.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: