Blue Bombers Forum
October 26, 2021, 08:28:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Milanovich to coach the Esks  (Read 6878 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2019, 04:36:42 AM »

Forgot to add that Milanovich track record in the CFL in not that great...43 - 47 I believe.

Ya, but 3 GC's as a coach... and that's all that matters!  2 GC as asst coach in MTL and then 1 GC as HC in TOR.

Never go full Rider!
bluebeard

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »

Yes, he was hired on the back end of the Als dynasty when Calvillo was unbeatable. In my way of thinking a coach deserves credit when he does something with players that are not really CFL caliber.  He did very little in TO  and that is where his record comes from.  To me he reminds me of Chamblin, took Millers team in Regina and Tamans free agency signings bringing a GC winner  the first season.  After that  nothing.

I guess that I am one of the few that thinks his coaching is suspect.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

Yes, he was hired on the back end of the Als dynasty when Calvillo was unbeatable. In my way of thinking a coach deserves credit when he does something with players that are not really CFL caliber.  He did very little in TO  and that is where his record comes from.  To me he reminds me of Chamblin, took Millers team in Regina and Tamans free agency signings bringing a GC winner  the first season.  After that  nothing.

Not alone. I don?t think he is that great either for the reasons and track record you describe.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Waffler

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »

He looked pretty terrible in his last year here. 5 -13

I am not a fan either. Ray and Calvillo made him look better than he is.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2019, 03:23:08 AM »

Oh, I agree he's not great.  But he is "good".  And he seems like a nice guy, as TSN used to do a lot of pressers and "originals" with him.  Great, good or bad, I think most think he'll be better for the Esks than Maas?  Maas just didn't have the temperament for being HC.

As WPG fans, we want to see him not be "great" anyhow!  No one wants to deal with a strong EDM as well as CGY and SSK.  I'd be fine with Esks ending the year .500.

Never go full Rider!
bluebeard

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »

I just wonder how much he has learned in the NFL that will stand him in good with the CFL.  The Esks are close to being a contender if they stay heathy.  Interesting season coming up.
blue_or_die

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2019, 02:47:15 PM »

Most of Edmonton's problems came about when Harris got injured.  I believe that they were somewhere close to the top of the West standings when this happened.  They dropped like a rock after that.  No competent back up QB and that will happen to all teams.  We are very fortunate that we are not in this class so far.  Going to be a great 2020.

Forgot to add that Milanovich track record in the CFL in not that great...43 - 47 I believe.

Yeah, LoKil is not an adequate backup in this league. Edmonton might be able to grab Jennings or Davis to be their backup. Milanovich has been called a QB whisperer (whether you agree or not) so with Harris and an adequate backup, I would be concerned.

Would love to be wrong.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BigBomberFan

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2019, 11:51:25 PM »

Hmm.....great points. I never really considered those aspects, but you've got some valid reasons. I guess that I was thinking that Milanovich also had a better coaching record than he actually does--it's good that someone posted that here.
blue girl

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »

It's true that he got the last of Calvillos good years and with Toronto he got a .500 team that got hot at the right time. I do think that he will make Edmonton better though and the west is once again going to be tough.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: