Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 02:06:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Top Ten Plays - Vote Your Choice  (Read 786 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: December 16, 2019, 04:13:46 AM »

Justin Medlock, Marcus Sayles, Collaros/Adams all in the top ten plays of 2019.  Vote your choice for the best.

https://www.cfl.ca/plays-of-the-year/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 05:26:35 AM »

For me it was the Zach to,Adams pass and TD against the Stamps.    A close second was the Dedmon punt return.....

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 09:52:31 AM »

Watching them all again, I pick the Medlock recovery.  It's just so much fun, and major heads-up by Meddy, and the panic by Lankford was pretty funny too (sorry Lankie, I still love ya!).

The Collaros/Adams one was great, but I think it might have a tough time winning because the throw was too perfect and didn't require a crazy Burnham-like catch.  It's ironic, but if Collaros threw a crappier ball, perhaps the play would have been more spectacular!

My other faves:
Burnham catch (though I'm still not convinced it was secure before his foot lifted off)
Lokombo hit: like the Hansen GC hit, those decleaters are loads of fun

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 10:34:51 AM »

Watching them all again, I pick the Medlock recovery.  It's just so much fun, and major heads-up by Meddy, and the panic by Lankford was pretty funny too (sorry Lankie, I still love ya!).

The Collaros/Adams one was great, but I think it might have a tough time winning because the throw was too perfect and didn't require a crazy Burnham-like catch.  It's ironic, but if Collaros threw a crappier ball, perhaps the play would have been more spectacular!

My other faves:
Burnham catch (though I'm still not convinced it was secure before his foot lifted off)
Lokombo hit: like the Hansen GC hit, those decleaters are loads of fun

That was perhaps the best heads up play of the season.....it also came at a crucial time of the game and gave us the ball in the red zone and we scored a TD shortly thereafter with instant field position.   Medlock is a real student of the game and not many punters I've ever seen in 60 years makes that play.   

BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 04:54:01 AM »

Definitely seeing Bo Levi Mitchell, Fajardo and Evan's puzzled faces during the playoffs was priceless.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 07:12:06 AM »

Definitely seeing Bo Levi Mitchell, Fajardo and Evan's puzzled faces during the playoffs was priceless.

Oh, the shots of Steinhauer and Rheinbold crying in the early/mid 4th Q are my faves.  And there was one other HAM coach, not sure who he was, who in one shot near the end was hyperventilating trying not to pass out or vomit or breakdown or something.  It was very bizarre.  I really have nothing against that group, but watching the clan that was unbeatable and were supposed to cream us get it handed to them was certainly fun.

Now, seeing dirty Simoni, Wynn and Laurent losing and throwing hissies, that was really satisfying.  And Condell after the 2nd failed sneak...

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »

Oh, the shots of Steinhauer and Rheinbold crying in the early/mid 4th Q are my faves.  And there was one other HAM coach, not sure who he was, who in one shot near the end was hyperventilating trying not to pass out or vomit or breakdown or something.  It was very bizarre.  I really have nothing against that group, but watching the clan that was unbeatable and were supposed to cream us get it handed to them was certainly fun.

Now, seeing dirty Simoni, Wynn and Laurent losing and throwing hissies, that was really satisfying.  And Condell after the 2nd failed sneak...

One of my favourite moments in the game was when AH steer wrestled SL to the ground and put him on his back with the official watching the whole thing.   When he got up SL cried to the official who basically ignored him.   Kharma for SL and his dirty disrespectful play....not only is he always hitting low he has no respect for his opponents.   AH really put him in his place and I had a big smile on my face!!

Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 04:36:18 PM »

Voted for Collaros to Adams. Great play, and it was the play that set up on the path to a championship.

The Deadmon return was cool to see, but it was the result of some really lousy Montreal tackling as much as anything.

TSN seems to have a huge crush on Burnham.

I couldn't vote for a play featuring an inane call by Rod Black.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: