Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2020, 08:33:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 24518 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2020, 03:51:33 PM »

You guys are both right. He is an elite QB who is also over rated. How is he over rated? Well for about the past 4 years his team has been picked by many to win the Grey Cup simply because of his presence. He has proven he can deliver with a team around him but he has also proven he cannot carry a team on his back as many CFL fans like to believe.

The bold is what I was about to say. He is a very, very good QB, but his biggest believers tout that he can take over a game with his throwing, running, and elusiveness (i.e. tough to bring down like a CFL Roethlisberger). I felt this way about him in the mid 2010s, but the fact of the matter is he has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row in our 9 team league. He is not carrying his teams on his back, which he is "rated" to do.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bluebeard

« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »

Does this mean the riders sign walker to replace Roosevelt?. Fajardo needs someone to throw to
I believe the Riders are through signing free agent receivers and will stay with what they have.
booch

« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »

I believe the Riders are through signing free agent receivers and will stay with what they have.

They have no holes...didnt u read the rider press?
DM83

« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »

Where is. Walker?
dd

« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2020, 09:21:10 PM »

Jake harty is no replacement for Roosevelt. But good for them, we ll kill them this year
TecnoGenius

« Reply #485 on: February 22, 2020, 09:45:43 PM »

Does this mean the riders sign walker to replace Roosevelt?. Fajardo needs someone to throw to

Walker is a complete mismatch for SSK.  SSK thrives on the short and quick pass game, and I don't see that changing even without McAdoo as Fine Upstanding Cody is limited in his ability and needs the emotional cushion that a high-percentage playbook provides.  Walker is the medium and deep threat.

I think the delay on Walker is no team can afford to pay him what he wants.  He may hold out until the bitter end and sign somewhere last minute.

P.S. Roosevelt to MTL is a good move for both.

Never go full Rider!
bluebeard

« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2020, 11:08:55 PM »

They have no holes...didnt u read the rider press?
I believe O'Day said that they would not be big players in free agency.  I do not know why this is but he seems to be keeping to this.  If I'm wrong please correct
dd

« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2020, 02:15:15 AM »

Walker is a complete mismatch for SSK.  SSK thrives on the short and quick pass game, and I don't see that changing even without McAdoo as Fine Upstanding Cody is limited in his ability and needs the emotional cushion that a high-percentage playbook provides.  Walker is the medium and deep threat.

I think the delay on Walker is no team can afford to pay him what he wants.  He may hold out until the bitter end and sign somewhere last minute.

P.S. Roosevelt to MTL is a good move for both.

Ya, Montreal will have 2 deep threats and Adams will light it up Lewis and Roosevelt and then have a solid ground game ta boot. Montreal moved up a place in the East division with this move and should finish behind Hamilton this year.
blue_or_die

« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2020, 02:17:36 PM »

Ya, Montreal will have 2 deep threats and Adams will light it up Lewis and Roosevelt and then have a solid ground game ta boot. Montreal moved up a place in the East division with this move and should finish behind Hamilton this year.

MTL finished second last year, also behind Hamilton..

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »

I wish they would because that would leave them no money at all to fix a very porous OL. I don't wish injuries on any player but Fajardo is going to be running for his life this year and I can't see how he lasts the season behind that OL.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #490 on: February 24, 2020, 02:56:43 PM »

I wish they would because that would leave them no money at all to fix a very porous OL. I don't wish injuries on any player but Fajardo is going to be running for his life this year and I can't see how he lasts the season behind that OL.

Signing Walker or not...there is nothing out there outside a trade that will benefit the Rider O-line this year, and with minimal picks in the draft, that ain't helping them either, and that is rare a guy stepping in first year and shoring up an o-line anyway right out of the draft.

GCn19

« Reply #491 on: February 24, 2020, 03:14:30 PM »

Signing Walker or not...there is nothing out there outside a trade that will benefit the Rider O-line this year, and with minimal picks in the draft, that ain't helping them either, and that is rare a guy stepping in first year and shoring up an o-line anyway right out of the draft.

That's true...but they could add at least somewhat address their depth a bit. Their OL is 2-3 drafts away from being good but if they are going to spend money it should be on someone like Bomben who could actually help them. Labatte is old and can't withstand the rigors of a full season anymore, and then it's just garbage from there. The you have Dakoda Shepley who just signed with a big Hollywood talent agency and is hoping to expand his acting career. Is he committed to the CFL? If he isn't...whoo boy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 03:21:13 PM by GCn19 » Logged

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »

CFL Headlines
@CFL_Headlines
17m
Former Argo reciever Armanti Edwards joins XFL's Dallas Renegades: Receiver Armanti Edwards officially has a home in the XFL as he?s been added to the roster of the Dallas Renegades. The former Toronto Argonaut and Saskatchewan... https://3downnation.com/2020/02/25/former-argo-reciever-armanti-edwards-joins-xfls-dallas-renegades/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter via @3DownNation
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 05:11:02 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GCn19

« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »

CFL Headlines
@CFL_Headlines
17m
Former Argo reciever Armanti Edwards joins XFL's Dallas Renegades: Receiver Armanti Edwards officially has a home in the XFL as he?s been added to the roster of the Dallas Renegades. The former Toronto Argonaut and Saskatchewan... https://3downnation.com/2020/02/25/former-argo-reciever-armanti-edwards-joins-xfls-dallas-renegades/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter via @3DownNation

This was being reported on last week already. Lots of our mid level guys are eyeing up the XFL I guess.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »

But they got Josiah St. John back and he'll be the best O-lineman ever!

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]
  Print  

Jump to: