Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2020, 03:23:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 34309 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #405 on: February 10, 2020, 04:24:45 PM »

The Riders were not happy with their DT play and elected to walk away from Micah Johnson, so they could be in play for either Nevis or Wynn.

Jeff Hamilton reporting Nevis was paid $85,000 last season, I'd be shocked if that number was true and would happily offer him $50,000 more for his services this year.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/november-reign-567666632.html#cxrecs_s
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:33:50 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2020, 06:57:29 PM »

Jeff Hamilton@jeffkhamilton

#Bombers have told DT Drake Nevis and DB Chandler Fenner that they will hit free agency. According to sources, Nevis is close to signing with Toronto. Told Nevis was also at the Raptors game with Willie Jefferson. #wfp

Have to wonder what the number for Nevis is... if Toronto is going all in for him, I can see not being in the mix.  And with Richardson's play last year, and another year of ELC, and us going Nat at DT, might be a prudent choice.  Not a popular one, and might come back to bite us, but I get it... Nevis will get paid.

Fenner, we all saw that coming... love the guy and his play, if no one else ponies up the love, no reason not to bring him back at the right price.  But the DB competition is going to be fierce, even with the loss of Sayles and Rose...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2020, 07:00:32 PM »

who said we are going National at DT...nobody as far as I know other than beat writer speculation...
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #408 on: February 10, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »

Jeff Hamilton@jeffkhamilton

#Bombers have told DT Drake Nevis and DB Chandler Fenner that they will hit free agency. According to sources, Nevis is close to signing with Toronto. Told Nevis was also at the Raptors game with Willie Jefferson. #wfp

Have to wonder what the number for Nevis is... if Toronto is going all in for him, I can see not being in the mix.  And with Richardson's play last year, and another year of ELC, and us going Nat at DT, might be a prudent choice.  Not a popular one, and might come back to bite us, but I get it... Nevis will get paid.

Fenner, we all saw that coming... love the guy and his play, if no one else ponies up the love, no reason not to bring him back at the right price.  But the DB competition is going to be fierce, even with the loss of Sayles and Rose...

Pissed, pissed, pissed, Nevis has been one of the best DT's in the league over the last two years and Walters rewards him by pointing to the door when he seeks a reasonable  increase on his $85,000 salary just so he can up Jefferson's bid nearer to $300,000.  If Nevis walks they end up with a mighty big hole to fill, betting on an unproven Connor Griffiths to plug it seems like a huge stretch.
blue girl

« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2020, 09:35:50 PM »

Pissed, pissed, pissed, Nevis has been one of the best DT's in the league over the last two years and Walters rewards him by pointing to the door when he seeks a reasonable  increase on his $85,000 salary just so he can up Jefferson's bid nearer to $300,000.  If Nevis walks they end up with a mighty big hole to fill, betting on an unproven Connor Griffiths to plug it seems like a huge stretch.
So who would you rather have Nevis or Jefferson? My answer is Jefferson.
theaardvark

« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »

who said we are going National at DT...nobody as far as I know other than beat writer speculation...

The roster speaks volumes....

Love what Nevis brought last year, bounceback supreme.  He will get paid, and knows that the Bombers have a price they are willing to pay, and other teams will pay more right now.  Richardson played well enough last year to stick, and they will no doubt bring in new blood as well.    

Sucks losing players, but you always will.  Its limiting how many that is key, and making sure you have them replaced...

The fact Roh's name isn't mentioned is interesting.  Will see what the interest in him is out there when the official offers start... wouldn't be surprised if he comes back on a club friendly deal...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2020, 09:43:42 PM »

The roster speaks volumes....

Love what Nevis brought last year, bounceback supreme.  He will get paid, and knows that the Bombers have a price they are willing to pay, and other teams will pay more right now.  Richardson played well enough last year to stick, and they will no doubt bring in new blood as well.    

Sucks losing players, but you always will.  Its limiting how many that is key, and making sure you have them replaced...

The fact Roh's name isn't mentioned is interesting.  Will see what the interest in him is out there when the official offers start... wouldn't be surprised if he comes back on a club friendly deal...

The roster prior to free agency, and final TC signings?..doesn't say much other than we only have 3 ET going to camp...and we always have 6-7
theaardvark

« Reply #412 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »

They were just talking on the radio about the number of players that re-upped at a discount.  We "got value" in just about every signing Walters has made.  

Pretty sweet.  Walters picks the players, MOS builds the culture, Walters looks like a genius and MOS wins the Cup... an amazing combo... and Miller facilitates them... The Canadian Mafia... putting the "special" in a special team...

theaardvark

« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »

The roster prior to free agency, and final TC signings?..doesn't say much other than we only have 3 ET going to camp...and we always have 6-7

I hope they don't phone home (the ET's)

Alexandre, Justin    DE    A    6'5    256    22    Incarnate Word
3       Hansen, Thiadric         DE    G    6'2    243    27    
94       Jeffcoat, Jackson    DE    A    6'3    253    28    Texas
49       Kenney, David         DE    A    6'2    250    25    Illinois State
97       Koloamatangi, Meffy    DE    A    6'5    240    24    Hawaii
90       McCalister, Alex    DE    A    6'6    240    26    University of Florida
91       Griffiths, Connor    DL    N    6'3    281    22    UBC
5       Jefferson, Willie    DL    A    6'7    248    29    Stephen F. Austin
98       Richardson, S    DL    A    5'11    298    23    University of Minnesota
93       Roh, Craig    DL    A    6'4    256    29    Michigan
95       Thomas, Jake    DT    N    6'2    275    29    Acadia

I count 11 D linemen, only 3 DT's, 2 of which are Nats... with all the Nat talent we have, i can see grabbing the best DL available with the 18th pick as well...

blue girl

« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »

They were just talking on the radio about the number of players that re-upped at a discount.  We "got value" in just about every signing Walters has made.  

Pretty sweet.  Walters picks the players, MOS builds the culture, Walters looks like a genius and MOS wins the Cup... an amazing combo... and Miller facilitates them... The Canadian Mafia... putting the "special" in a special team...
This reminds me of the old Paul Robson/Cal Murphy days when players would play here for less because they liked the atmosphere and they liked winning.
booch

« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2020, 09:57:57 PM »

I hope they don't phone home (the ET's)

Alexandre, Justin    DE    A    6'5    256    22    Incarnate Word
3       Hansen, Thiadric         DE    G    6'2    243    27    
94       Jeffcoat, Jackson    DE    A    6'3    253    28    Texas
49       Kenney, David         DE    A    6'2    250    25    Illinois State
97       Koloamatangi, Meffy    DE    A    6'5    240    24    Hawaii
90       McCalister, Alex    DE    A    6'6    240    26    University of Florida
91       Griffiths, Connor    DL    N    6'3    281    22    UBC
5       Jefferson, Willie    DL    A    6'7    248    29    Stephen F. Austin
98       Richardson, S    DL    A    5'11    298    23    University of Minnesota
93       Roh, Craig    DL    A    6'4    256    29    Michigan
95       Thomas, Jake    DT    N    6'2    275    29    Acadia

I count 11 D linemen, only 3 DT's, 2 of which are Nats... with all the Nat talent we have, i can see grabbing the best DL available with the 18th pick as well...
Why you loom at the roster now??...revisit it at TC and I bet ya my left nut there are 3 or 4 legit import Dtackles on the TC roster, and some of the guys on your list aren't even in camp
theaardvark

« Reply #416 on: February 10, 2020, 10:54:21 PM »

Updated:

So, on the lists, this is the work each team has to do, and what they have done...

Team     FA's      Retained
MTL       28           10
OTT       35           13
TOR       33           7   
HAM       31           13
WPG      25           13   
SSK       32           14   
CGY       30           9   
EDM       36           10
BC         31           6   

theaardvark

« Reply #417 on: February 10, 2020, 10:57:46 PM »

Why you loom at the roster now??...revisit it at TC and I bet ya my left nut there are 3 or 4 legit import Dtackles on the TC roster, and some of the guys on your list aren't even in camp

There will be more players, for sure.  But when you look at opening day DC, I'd bet there is a Nat on the DLine...  which means carrying 1 starting INT DT and one INT ELC backup

New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #418 on: February 10, 2020, 11:24:51 PM »

This reminds me of the old Paul Robson/Cal Murphy days when players would play here for less because they liked the atmosphere and they liked winning.

I agree....

Winning being the Key word.

This word haunted us till now.

As much as players want money and be payed they also want a Cup and a Ring and maybe play with guys you want to play with.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
gobombersgo

« Reply #419 on: February 10, 2020, 11:24:59 PM »

That and the Bomber roster page isnt 100%. Aard's list doesn't include DT Ezekiel Rose (American), DL Patrick Choudja (American) and DL Royce Lafrance (American).

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: