Blue Bombers Forum
October 25, 2020, 06:59:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 34589 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #390 on: February 10, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

Ti-Cats just announced Davis re-signed with them. I have to think this means they're out on Jefferson.

Many reports saying they are not mutually exclusive, in fact they were selling Willie on being able to bookend with him...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #391 on: February 10, 2020, 02:16:34 PM »

The guy is a young Canadian who started at centre for all of 2019 and opened some great holes for Harris.  Why would you not want to lock him up for multiple years?

This is a great signing. 

Continuity on the o-line isn't a bad thing either. You guys are over thinking this if you think this isn't a great move. 
Because Speller was at an all-star calibre for most likely much cheaper during our GC run? Because we have a logjam at OL?
booch

« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »

Many reports saying they are not mutually exclusive, in fact they were selling Willie on being able to bookend with him...

I think that is B.S to be honest...230K for Davis...Laurent was at just over 200k...Lawrence is gotta be being paid...Howser re-upped for more money, and they say Willie will fit in there at 250k+?Huh? Thats probably close to 1 million for 5 guys...a fifth of your sms basically and with Banks making 185k and needing to either re-up Taske, and replace Addison on offence...can't see it happening
blue_or_die

« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2020, 02:19:41 PM »

Colour me surprised on Couture. Not that I don't want him, but there are limited spots and the term "embarrassment of riches" applies 100% regarding our Nat OL talent. I was equally surprised when we re-upped Paddy late last year as I thought the price tag and roster spot for both he and Couture would make them automatic lame ducks with how well our depth showed.

Oh well, a great problem to have.

Our interior is:
LG - C - RG
Desjarlais - Couture - Neufeld
Speller - Eli - Gray

A great starter + starter-quality backup for each position. Wow.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_or_die

« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »

I think that is B.S to be honest...230K for Davis...Laurent was at just over 200k...Lawrence is gotta be being paid...Howser re-upped for more money, and they say Willie will fit in there at 250k+?Huh? Thats probably close to 1 million for 5 guys...a fifth of your sms basically and with Banks making 185k and needing to either re-up Taske, and replace Addison on offence...can't see it happening

May have been possible if they were rolling with Evans but they are paying a starting QB in Masoli + didn't Evans get a favourable re-neg after his performance?

GCn19

« Reply #395 on: February 10, 2020, 02:21:26 PM »

Hammy has to be pushing close to the cap. They have a lot of big ticket players.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »

Colour me surprised on Couture. Not that I don't want him, but there are limited spots and the term "embarrassment of riches" applies 100% regarding our Nat OL talent. I was equally surprised when we re-upped Paddy late last year as I thought the price tag and roster spot for both he and Couture would make them automatic lame ducks with how well our depth showed.

Our interior is:
LG - C - RG
Speller - Eli - Gray

well when guys are signing here for less than market value. or what other teams offer it really helps in re-upping key cogs and make it all work.....something that has to annoy rival GM's

Gotta give major props to the Mafia for totally changing how this organization is perceived in the eyes of players
kkc60

« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2020, 02:29:33 PM »

Our interior is:
LG - C - RG
Speller - Eli - Gray

Impossible for us to carry 3 backup canadian OL unless we 1 game 1 or 2
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #398 on: February 10, 2020, 02:42:24 PM »

Wasn't Speller one gamed almost every game?
kkc60

« Reply #399 on: February 10, 2020, 02:57:43 PM »

Wasn't Speller one gamed almost every game?
No? He was our week 1 starting guard. I recall he got hurt but came back and we moved Gray

Thats besides the fact. I just don't see how we can realistically keep everyone, and Speller was quite good in the playoffs, arguably better than Couture
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2020, 03:10:43 PM »

Eh, seems like a lot of money on that D-line when you include Laurent. I have to imagine they're out of the Jefferson sweepstakes now with Davis getting a sizeable payday.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2020, 03:34:07 PM »

Yeah I know, and I assume that's the plan. Otherwise, why re-up Neufeld and Couture?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:00:15 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

Nic16

« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2020, 03:45:38 PM »

Hammy has to be pushing close to the cap. They have a lot of big ticket players.

I think Hammy is now just playing games hoping it will encourage Willie to push for a little more money from the Bombers. No way they can afford to add Jefferson to what is getting to be a very expensive DL...as they still have to get Wynn to re-sign.
theaardvark

« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »

I think Hammy is now just playing games hoping it will encourage Willie to push for a little more money from the Bombers. No way they can afford to add Jefferson to what is getting to be a very expensive DL...as they still have to get Wynn to re-sign.

And we have Nevis unsigned as of yet.  No press on him being courted, any idea if he interviewed anywhere?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Nic16

« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2020, 04:02:21 PM »

And we have Nevis unsigned as of yet.  No press on him being courted, any idea if he interviewed anywhere?

The Riders were not happy with their DT play and elected to walk away from Micah Johnson, so they could be in play for either Nevis or Wynn.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: