Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2020, 09:00:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season ticket sales update?  (Read 1242 times)
thurmas

« on: February 24, 2020, 11:33:32 PM »

Hi guys any word on how many season tickets the Bombers have sold compared to last year? With the Grey Cup win, the rapid transit line to the stadium finally complete in april and the re-signing on Jefferson and Collaros I am hoping there is a big jump.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 01:03:45 AM »

What type of rapid transit system was put in place exactly?   

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
blue girl

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:49:54 AM »

Hi guys any word on how many season tickets the Bombers have sold compared to last year? With the Grey Cup win, the rapid transit line to the stadium finally complete in april and the re-signing on Jefferson and Collaros I am hoping there is a big jump.
He didn't give a number but Wade Miller said in an interview in Saturday's Free Press that they were ahead of last years numbers.
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 02:05:56 AM »

And I believe they?ve been selling quite a few flex packs too

You are what happened when I wished upon a star  Kiss
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 02:18:01 AM »

I to am wondering what this new poster is talking about exactly?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sec227

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 04:17:42 AM »

The completed Rapid transit line, from Main to u of m is suppose to be up and running THIS spring. I think thats  what they meant. Including new park and ride locations, Transit ones, unsure if they apply to game days, but have to assume some will. Maybe eluding to another positive step in getting to and from game days.
gobombersgo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 04:36:10 AM »

I wonder if Park n Ride route 4 (Hydro/Grant Park) will use the new rapid transit route. It would probably only save about 5 minutes off the trip now that the Jubilee underpass is completed.

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 04:52:00 AM »

Word is that sales on new seats is going well and Season ticker renewals are very strong this year.  Anticipate bigger crowds this year.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »

Downtown to U of M, dedicated bus lanes that make the trip very smooth and fast.

See above
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:57:41 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 01:54:20 PM »

Phase 2 of the Southwest BRT line will be open in April. Until now, only Phase 1 was complete, which included the dedicated corridor running from Main @ Stradbrook and merged with the Jubilee overpass to continue its route to U of M down Pembina, as well as the giant bus loop they built right at IGF to accommodate transit and PnR buses to the stadium (and obviously student and employee transport to the university). Phase 2 extends the BRT corridor along the west side of Pembina and goes all the way to the campus/stadium, bypassing just about all the traffic on Pembina and Osborne Village.

I use this route to work from time to time and the only part that sucks is the part you have to venture on that isn't complete...so I expect that when it is done it will be an enormous improvement not only for those using it but for everyone else too as it will take many buses off the main routes.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
pjrocksmb

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »

I doubt they will be significantly higher.  I expect a modest bump.  Just hope people actually show up.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »

Phase 2 of the Southwest BRT line will be open in April. Until now, only Phase 1 was complete, which included the dedicated corridor running from Main @ Stradbrook and merged with the Jubilee overpass to continue its route to U of M down Pembina, as well as the giant bus loop they built right at IGF to accommodate transit and PnR buses to the stadium (and obviously student and employee transport to the university). Phase 2 extends the BRT corridor along the west side of Pembina and goes all the way to the campus/stadium, bypassing just about all the traffic on Pembina and Osborne Village.

I use this route to work from time to time and the only part that sucks is the part you have to venture on that isn't complete...so I expect that when it is done it will be an enormous improvement not only for those using it but for everyone else too as it will take many buses off the main routes.
Great info and yes I expect a major service improvement.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: