Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 02:36:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Andrew Harris Be This Mad If He Was Guilty?  (Read 4927 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »

Harris was caught cheating so he is guilty. The question folks are really asking is did he do it on purpose and we'll never know for sure either way.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
booch

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »

Harris was caught cheating so he is guilty. The question folks are really asking is did he do it on purpose and we'll never know for sure either way.

Man hopefully this will go away, but coming from that scene...a user...trainer and very familiar with PED's and performance I can say he was not cheating and if that was in his system in it unknown to him, and the amount "found" would have did diddly squat absolutely nothing for him....further to that it is not a drug an athlete would use for speed, agility, recovery and not one a skilled position guy would use.

To use that drug he was accused of to full benefit (in season) he would have held probably 10 pounds of water bloat on his body, extremely noticeable in the face, would have prob been playing at about 235 to 240 pounds (minimum) and would have had next to no cardio vascular capacity whatsoever..he would be subbing in and out constantly...not taking the ball in various ways multiple times during a series...not happening

But the uninformed, uneducated, un-familiar to the scene will doubt..hate..and have their theories...and it's rather comical to say the least
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 02:25:31 PM »

Not to split hairs, Harris was caught in contravention of the rules.  "Cheating" implies intent, which cannot be proven, and in my mind, based on the facts at hand, (no advantage gained) you cannot establish that there was any intent to "cheat".

He made a mistake, ingested a supplement that was tainted, and he paid a huge price for that.  But in no way has it been demonstrated that his actions were in any way "cheating" to gain advantage...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

Maybe cheating is the wrong word. He got caught with an illegal substance in his system so he is in fact guilty. It doesn't matter the amount or the number of times he was tested. All that matters is that he took it. Why? To get an advantage, real or perceived. I doubt he knew exactly what was in the supplement(s) he was/is taking, but that doesn't change the fact that he knowingly used it.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
kkc60

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 04:22:53 PM »

He got caught. He is guilty until proven innocent. No better than any other player who has gotten busted.

booch

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 04:25:03 PM »

Maybe cheating is the wrong word. He got caught with an illegal substance in his system so he is in fact guilty. It doesn't matter the amount or the number of times he was tested. All that matters is that he took it. Why? To get an advantage, real or perceived. I doubt he knew exactly what was in the supplement(s) he was/is taking, but that doesn't change the fact that he knowingly used it.

Tainted supplements don't disclose the drug not supposed to be in there on their label...especially a controlled substance...which steroids are
Also a lot of egit supplements don't fully disclose whats in them as well, or the amount of the stuff not banned....

And not to beat a dead horse to death...again...but the alleged stuff he was supposedly cheating with would have served him no in-season bebefits whatsoever and would have actually made his play drop off, and most likely caused him to be injured....don't know how many times I gotta say this, but whatever...dumb people will just continue to say..and assume dumb things
GCn19

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »

Not to split hairs, Harris was caught in contravention of the rules.  "Cheating" implies intent, which cannot be proven, and in my mind, based on the facts at hand, (no advantage gained) you cannot establish that there was any intent to "cheat".

He made a mistake, ingested a supplement that was tainted, and he paid a huge price for that.  But in no way has it been demonstrated that his actions were in any way "cheating" to gain advantage...

No....he cheated...and paid the consequences. Intent has nothing to do with it. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules whether you mean to do it or not. However, he did not have the intent to cheat, therefore, the media quacks that cover our team had no business disparaging his reputation and adding additional penalty and embarrassment. He took a bad supplement and was suspended, that is as far as this should ever have gone because as booch and others have pointed out this was clearly an accident. That doesn't excuse him from league penalty but the local media playing morality police was a perversion of their respective roles and they should be ashamed. This snowflake society is in part created because the media decided they were going to stop publishing facts and being objective and start enforcing their own liberal sensitivities independent of circumstance. Shameful...and it is the reason why many have turned away from main stream media.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 04:39:46 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2019, 04:45:03 PM »

Seriously?  A supplement that he was told was legal and he took thinking it was legal turns out is tainted with an ancient, never used by professional "cheaters" steroid.  He was duped, sold a bad product, and he has more than paid the price for testing positive.  He took the supplement to feed his body optimally.  Not to cheat, but to get everything he can out of what he has, legally. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »

Seriously?  A supplement that he was told was legal and he took thinking it was legal turns out is tainted with an ancient, never used by professional "cheaters" steroid.  He was duped, sold a bad product, and he has more than paid the price for testing positive.  He took the supplement to feed his body optimally.  Not to cheat, but to get everything he can out of what he has, legally. 

None of that changes the fact that he tested positive for a banned substance. Just to play devil's advocate, athletes do know the dangers of tainted supplements and still search out these fringe supplements to try create an edge. Harris rolled the dice on an iffy supplement and it backfired on him.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2019, 04:52:07 PM »

Not to quibble but I don't believe anyone advised Harris the product was safe, he took a chance on a new unknown supplement and paid the consequences, which he has openly admitted was irresponsible and dumb.
theaardvark

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »

Not to quibble but I don't believe anyone advised Harris the product was safe, he took a chance on a new unknown supplement and paid the consequences, which he has openly admitted was irresponsible and dumb.

Someone sold him the product, and there is no way he takes it if he suspects it is not "safe".  So it was represented to him as safe, either by someone, or by the label...  and yes, it was a dumb mistake.  Supplements are expensive, might have been something as simple as a syndrome every Winnipegger seems susceptible to, looking for something less expensive...

GCn19

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »

Someone sold him the product, and there is no way he takes it if he suspects it is not "safe".  So it was represented to him as safe, either by someone, or by the label...  and yes, it was a dumb mistake.  Supplements are expensive, might have been something as simple as a syndrome every Winnipegger seems susceptible to, looking for something less expensive...

A lot of supplement game is played out online and are bought from foreign countries. There are literally warnings by trainers and athletes everywhere that some supplements stemming from these places are tainted. You think he went to GNC and bought these?

blue_or_die

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »

Well yeah he "knowingly used it", just as one knowingly eats a chicken sandwich with salmonella in it.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »

Well yeah he "knowingly used it", just as one knowingly eats a chicken sandwich with salmonella in it.

LOL or a chicken sandwich made with a "chicken-like substance" if eating at Subway.  Cheesy

BlueInCgy

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »

LOL or a chicken sandwich made with a "chicken-like substance" if eating at Subway.  Cheesy

Hey there, road kill is good eats, don't be knocking the Way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: