Blue Bombers Forum
April 09, 2020, 06:18:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 "What The ?!" Moments from 2019  (Read 601 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: December 09, 2019, 09:57:57 PM »

10 "What The ?!" Moments from 2019

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/12/09/10-what-the-moments-from-2019/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
dd

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 10:13:42 PM »

A couple of things stand out for me on these- 1. on the trick punt by the Riders, impressive hussle by Gauthier to come across the field and make the tackle!!!, 2. on the direct snap to Adams and TD pass to Harris, that was a great play, but lost in that is Strev is down at the goal line ready to lay a block for him, now there's hussle and a team mater for ya!! How can you not love this guy!!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 10:52:47 PM »

Yep the Medlock kick and touch was a thing of beauty and a thing of stupidity by the RB.

Gauthier tackle was amazing as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 01:10:56 AM »

Yep the Medlock kick and touch was a thing of beauty and a thing of stupidity by the RB.

Gauthier tackle was amazing as well.
yep the fact that Medlock hustled his butt downfield and knocked the ball out of bounds was a BIG play that changed the complexion of that game!   The pass Adams threw to Harris was a perfect strike!   That Rider fake punt was well executed and fooled everyone....then Gauthier comes out of nowhere for a TD saving tackle.

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 02:34:44 AM »

yep the fact that Medlock hustled his butt downfield and knocked the ball out of bounds was a BIG play that changed the complexion of that game!   The pass Adams threw to Harris was a perfect strike!   That Rider fake punt was well executed and fooled everyone....then Gauthier comes out of nowhere for a TD saving tackle.
👍

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 06:07:34 AM »

The WF trick punt return fake-out was the most embarrassing moment from all of MOS's tenure.  We got out-MOS'd by SSK.  In a playoff.

I knew it the very instant he caught it that we were hoisted by our own petard from our own use of that exact play vs that exact same team.  It was one of my all-time favorite MOS plays.  It's forever ruined and tainted by allowing SSK to pull it off on us.

Well, at least you know our ST for at least 3 years won't be fooled by it again.

Congrats to SSK for pulling it off and making us look silly.  Well played Dickerson The Lesser, well played.

And thanks to all our STers like Gauthier, Miller, Miles, Briggs, Exume, et al, who all made big contributions this year, and most had critical big plays in the playoffs.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »

Every team gets toasted by a trick play on occasion. It sucks it was Sask doing it to us but at least the end result of it was nothing.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 03:41:27 AM »

Every team gets toasted by a trick play on occasion. It sucks it was Sask doing it to us but at least the end result of it was nothing.

All well and fine.  But it was our trick play!  I've only seen that play in the CFL twice in 10 years: when MOS did it to SSK, and when Dickerson The Lesser did it to WPG.  The look on MOS as his guys come off the field after getting burned by it says it all.  Hoisted by his own petard.  I bet the greenie fans, at least the ones who remembered it, were lapping it up and almost made up for the loss.

Embarrassing.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: