Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 04:44:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 CFL Schedule  (Read 5280 times)
Horseman

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2019, 09:22:53 PM »

Sick of hearing the cottage excuse for Thursday night football.
I really wonder how many people that can't afford a cottage but would prefer attending a Friday night game in summer.
I would bet there are more fans in the stands for Friday night football.

I hate the Thursday night games as well, would prefer Friday/Sat games.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2019, 10:44:05 PM »

I like Thursday games, but I love drinking beer at a home Bomber game in the heat of the Mb summer, and Thursdays make that a little tougher to do. I do wish a couple more of the Thursday home game were later in the year, but I get that the schedule will never work for everyone.
gobombersgo

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2019, 11:36:34 PM »

I think the Bombers schedule is better than some of the other Western teams;

- Lions with 3 bye weeks in the 2nd half of the season
- Stamps with 4 away games in a row,
- Riders with 3 back-to-backs, short week after their neutral site game, only 3 home games in the 2nd half of the season.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2019, 11:38:30 PM »

I think the Bombers schedule is better than some of the other Western teams;

- Lions with 3 bye weeks in the 2nd half of the season
- Stamps with 4 away games in a row,
- Riders with 3 back-to-backs, short week after their neutral site game, only 3 home games in the 2nd half of the season.
  Cool

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gobombersgo

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2019, 11:43:33 PM »

Cool

Hey Goldie, the Labour Day game kicks off at 5pm. Make sure you pace yourself at Wayne's World.

BlueInCgy

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2019, 11:58:29 PM »

If I read it correctly, we're only looking at one weekend with a triple header on Saturday.  Nice.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2019, 12:58:21 AM »

Hey Goldie, the Labour Day game kicks off at 5pm. Make sure you pace yourself at Wayne's World.
lol I saw that, no kidding. More time to recover from the day and night before Sunday.

I like the change up! It always felt rushed the morning of. More time to get even more Golden!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2019, 11:22:39 AM »

Meh, 3 vs CGY and 2 of them at McMahon.  Those will be tough games.  At least our other 3-time team is EDM, who I expect will be blah again.

Yes, the byes look better this year.  The E vs W spacing is better.  The end to the year should be easy-ish for us to pad our W column.  Sucks to not have a home game until end of June!  Kid won't like that.  I thought Ambrosie was going to continue moving the season start forward, but this is no change for 2 seasons now?

We have a similar TOR/OTT away/away stretch again: do we stay out East again or better to fly back?

One very smart move is we have 2 away games in the final 2 weeks (one in BC!) so we avoid the low-attendance colder games to close the season.  That should help our overall all-season attendance.

Overall, a nice schedule for us!

Never go full Rider!
bigbuff33

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »

The NFL does a great job of hyping the season opener...

Why not:  Bombers and Hamilton from the home of the Grey Cup Champions...Prime time...

That's how you build some hype to the season
GCn19

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2019, 12:12:43 PM »

Meh, 3 vs CGY and 2 of them at McMahon.  Those will be tough games.  At least our other 3-time team is EDM, who I expect will be blah again.

Yes, the byes look better this year.  The E vs W spacing is better.  The end to the year should be easy-ish for us to pad our W column.  Sucks to not have a home game until end of June!  Kid won't like that.  I thought Ambrosie was going to continue moving the season start forward, but this is no change for 2 seasons now?

We have a similar TOR/OTT away/away stretch again: do we stay out East again or better to fly back?

One very smart move is we have 2 away games in the final 2 weeks (one in BC!) so we avoid the low-attendance colder games to close the season.  That should help our overall all-season attendance.

Not sure why you expect Edmonton to be blah again. They have a great QB, and a rock solid defence. A couple tweaks and they could become a very good team. Edmonton/Calgary will be a tough 6 games.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
DM83

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2019, 12:20:03 PM »

Edm doesn't have a rock solid defence.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2019, 12:44:33 PM »

There was talk of it happening but not sure it was ever 100% settled on...I don't agree with moving it any earlier.  Maybe once another team is added it becomes easier but even then I like it now or even how it was - starting regular season last week in June/Canada Day.

GCn19

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »

Edm doesn't have a rock solid defence.

They finished 3rd in the league in PA and have a formidable front 7. Not sure what you were watching but Edmonton's defence is good. Their biggest problem this year was losing their QB for half the season and not having an O and backup QB that could score enough points to win afterwards. At the time Harris went down, Edmonton was 2 points out of first place.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:11:13 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2019, 02:01:19 PM »

How odd is it that our pre-season home game is on a Sunday? I can't ever remember that.
blue_or_die

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2019, 02:31:57 PM »

There was talk of it happening but not sure it was ever 100% settled on...I don't agree with moving it any earlier.  Maybe once another team is added it becomes easier but even then I like it now or even how it was - starting regular season last week in June/Canada Day.

The problem is that between 2013 (pre-Ottawa) to the 2018 season, we went from a 19 week season to a 21 week season with the addition to a second bye week to accommodate a now odd numbered team league, and a third bye negotiated in the newest CBA. So despite starting the season mid-June, we still are playing the Grey Cup game on November 20-something.

Definitely there is more hype by starting the season on Canada Day long weekend as it jives with the unofficial start of summer (with kids being off and a lot of people taking holidays to coincide), but I like to look at it as more home games to go to in the summer, when it is infinitely more fun than attending post-Labour Day games when the laissez-faire feelings and heat of the summer are behind us.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: