Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 04:37:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 CFL Schedule  (Read 5279 times)
GCn19

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »

Thursday games....love it. Thank you CFL.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 05:14:32 PM »

Agree with this. We are the champs...no home game till week 3 stinks. 

That's the second year in a row this happened.

Last year W1 we were in BC, W2 was a bye, and we didn't have our home opener until W3 against EDM.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2019, 05:14:45 PM »

Thursday games... book the Friday off, and drive to the cottage early (albeit hungover...)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Bluehawk

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

Sick of hearing the cottage excuse for Thursday night football.
I really wonder how many people that can't afford a cottage but would prefer attending a Friday night game in summer.
I would bet there are more fans in the stands for Friday night football.

I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2019, 05:47:10 PM »

I really wonder how many people that can't afford a cottage but would prefer attending a Friday night game in summer.

i think it is really close in numbers...

some like thursday...some like friday...

whatever it's a great night for football and I look forward to them all!
Sec227

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2019, 06:02:07 PM »

Always thought the same. Maybe in years past. But the demographics and the economics have changed. Maybe the next generation of fans will speak up and ask for more Fridays. Or it might even be a TSN thing etc, to work there brand. Tough to say. But saying 15000 fans wont come cause of a cottage...Hard one to believe..
GCn19

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2019, 06:09:16 PM »

Always thought the same. Maybe in years past. But the demographics and the economics have changed. Maybe the next generation of fans will speak up and ask for more Fridays. Or it might even be a TSN thing etc, to work there brand. Tough to say. But saying 15000 fans wont come cause of a cottage...Hard one to believe..

I am a cottager who likes the Thursday games, but I agree. There is not 15k fans not coming to Friday games because of that and attendance is not better on Thursdays. This is not, and never was, the reason why Thursday games are played though. It's all about the TV contract and you can only televise so many games on Friday, and Saturday/Sunday games in the summer would be a disaster for attendance AND TV ratings. Far worse than Thursdays. One has to remember that a very big % of a CFL team's revenue is TV contract. No Thursday games and our TV deal depreciates significantly and our TV contract is what keeps this league going.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 06:11:49 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
bwiser

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2019, 06:22:14 PM »

It looks like a difficult schedule to start the season. If the Bombers are 2-1 or better after the first three weeks its going to be a good season. We start in Hamilton, then Calgary at home and Edmonton on the road. Thats going to be a challenge for sure!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »

I like the schedule overall but no home games to start the year sucks!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2019, 06:39:28 PM »

Yes, as the GC champions we should be at home for our first game of the year.
squonk

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2019, 07:25:40 PM »

Not a cottager but LOVE the Thursday games - the more the better!
blue_or_die

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »

I used to really hate the Thursday games and was vocal about it but now I've learned to live with them. I can handle 2-3 a year, as long as it's not anymore than that. I try to think of it as a way of enjoying Bombers and my entire summer weekend without interruption, with the opportunity to go out of town for the weekend if so desired. Fridays are a bit tough with a big head but if the Bombers win, I really don't mind. Maybe this year I will book off the friday after for one or all of them and then turn them into "opportunities for weekend improvement"  Grin

Also, aside from the cottager camp (no pun intended), another reason we are prime to get them is our central time zone. With teams further east and further west, you can schedule friday double headers (which TSN loves to do) with an early game and late game, respectively. a 7:30 CST kick off does not work as a late or early game without overlap.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
jdrattops

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2019, 07:39:19 PM »

I like the schedule, just the one back to back, a good mix of bye weeks and no more than 2 in a row on the road.  This is probably the best schedule the Bombers have had in many years.  I guess a Grey Cup win has its perks.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 07:41:03 PM by jdrattops » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2019, 08:36:48 PM »

i think it is really close in numbers...

some like thursday...some like friday...

whatever it's a great night for football and I look forward to them all!
yah pretty much this to me.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »

I like this schedule. 3 Thursday 3 Friday and 3 Saturday home games are fair. We never play more than 2 games in a row against the same division and for those that don't like them I only see 1 Saturday triple header. The only thing that I don't like is that as The Grey Cup Champs we should open at home and not have to wait until week 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: