Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 05:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lapo is the new head coach of the Redblacks  (Read 7071 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2019, 07:18:47 AM »

Redblacks hire former CFLer Alex Suber as receivers coach

Interesting... Good ol' Suber.  Nice to see him back in a coaching role.  Lapo remembering and pinging all his old faves, eh?  He had decent hands as a DB, but getting a job now as receiver coach?  Interesting.  Good luck to him!  (Except vs WPG)

Never go full Rider!
Jesse

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

Interesting... Good ol' Suber.  Nice to see him back in a coaching role.  Lapo remembering and pinging all his old faves, eh?  He had decent hands as a DB, but getting a job now as receiver coach?  Interesting.  Good luck to him!  (Except vs WPG)

Just one of the entry level coaching jobs.

My wife is amazing!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2019, 05:23:46 PM »

LaPo must have liked what he saw. 

CFL Headlines
@CFL_Headlines
Redblacks sign quarterback Kevin Anderson: The Ottawa Redblacks have signed quarterback Kevin Anderson. Anderson was signed by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in late August following the injury to starter Matt Nichols. Winnipeg had an opening on? https://3downnation.com/2019/12/21/redblacks-sign-quarterback-kevin-anderson/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter ? via @JDunk12
blue_or_die

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2019, 07:05:19 PM »

Suberman!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2019, 06:19:18 AM »

RedBlacks should do better under LaPo and Benevides.
In Motion

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2019, 09:39:59 PM »

I predict it will be tough slogging in Ottawa for some years to come, but Lapo deserves his HC contract.
Is anyone else surprised that Buck has not been named OC yet? Makes me think the club is exploring
all options before pulling the trigger, or Buck is not exactly jumping at the chance to snag that job.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2019, 11:49:05 PM »

Good move by Lapolice signing Benevides. If Hall doesn't re  sign here he would have been top of the list for me to have as a defensive coach.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 12:32:50 AM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2019, 05:13:59 AM »

RedBlacks should do better under LaPo and Benevides.

Ottawa had Noel Thorpe and Mark Nelson on their D staff last season, they were regarded as promising HC candidates not very long ago.  Unless Campbell is taking them with him to BC their stock has certainly plummeted in the last few years.

As for Benevides I've never been overly impressed with his D's, they often seem porous, LaPo is not doing himself any favours by hiring Mike.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 03:46:25 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »

Mike Benevides does have a better HC record than LaPolice... 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2019, 10:29:18 AM »

I think Bene is a good pick for OTT.  Don't like losing him on the TSN panel though, thought he was quite good in that role.  So who's going to be the out-of-a-job HC TSN picks up for this year then, eh?

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2019, 12:15:39 PM »

I believe Buck started here a RB coach, no? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »

Ottawa had Noel Thorpe and Mark Nelson on their D staff last season, they were regarded as promising HC candidates not very long ago.  Unless Campbell is taking them with him to BC their stock has certainly plummeted in the last few years.

As for Benevides I've never been overly impressed with his D's, they often seem porous, LaPo is not doing himself any favours by hiring Mike.
I think its a great move by Lapo. First of all, he purges the mindset that was in that locker room. They were content at being losers, and their defense was a joke this year, an absolute joke. Yes, you guys didn't have a Qb, but your D was just as bad. Both Thorpe and Nelson are highly over rated.

Benny brings 3 years of HC experience plus a ton of DC experience. Lapo is going to need both to turn this franchise around. His biggest move has yet to be made however---he needs a Qb for his offense!!!
bluebeard

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2019, 06:48:56 PM »

Did not Nelson sign with BC as their ST coordinator??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: