Blue Bombers Forum
August 12, 2020, 08:17:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lapo is the new head coach of the Redblacks  (Read 7124 times)
Jockitch

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »

Respectfully offer congrats to lapo & may his experience be a good one, except when his team plays the Bombers.
Certainly do agree with the many opinions, scenarios previously rendered & the importance of locking up MOS.

With Lapos tremendous use of Strev, I would be inclined to think that the RedBlack's GM will be highly considering Strev as a backup.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
booch

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »

Respectfully offer congrats to lapo & may his experience be a good one, except when his team plays the Bombers.
Certainly do agree with the many opinions, scenarios previously rendered & the importance of locking up MOS.

With Lapos tremendous use of Strev, I would be inclined to think that the RedBlack's GM will be highly considering Strev as a backup.

So will the Bombers....and Strev will go where he's happy and sees a chance for success...and it ain't in Ottawa
kkc60

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2019, 11:17:03 PM »

So will the Bombers....and Strev will go where he's happy and sees a chance for success...and it ain't in Ottawa
Who knows.

Only name I could see going to Ottawa besides Collaros is Darvin Adam's. Had a down year but definitely has for the most part been thriving in LaPos system. Plus he and Collaros looked money in the playoffs
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »

Yep I can also Adams going there as well. I think whomever ends up with Zack will end up with injury issues at starting QB again.

I think Lapo is gonna have a hard time with Desjardins there as GM. I mean they have soooo many questions marks it isn?t even funny.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2019, 01:32:26 AM »

Good for Lapolice. was hoping he would work another year as OC then probably get a better job. But this one will pay well. But glad he got it. Take the job while its open.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2019, 01:41:07 AM »

Lapo will do well

Players like him.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2019, 02:33:53 AM »

Good for Lapolice. was hoping he would work another year as OC then probably get a better job. But this one will pay well. But glad he got it. Take the job while its open.
Well he and his family have much better security anyways.

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2019, 05:49:34 AM »

Well he and his family have much better security anyways.

Lapolice was successful and had a future here and some security coming off a Grey Cup win.  He will now be under a great deal of pressure to be successful in Ottawa turn that team around.  Not sure that equates to security.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GCn19

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »

Who knows.

Only name I could see going to Ottawa besides Collaros is Darvin Adam's. Had a down year but definitely has for the most part been thriving in LaPos system. Plus he and Collaros looked money in the playoffs

I would think that the position group most happy to see Lapo leave would be the receivers. There is a reason we have had a hard time signing any FA receivers and it's because Lapo's system is not one that sees them getting a ton of targets.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2019, 01:23:39 PM »

Lapolice was successful and had a future here and some security coming off a Grey Cup win.  He will now be under a great deal of pressure to be successful in Ottawa turn that team around.  Not sure that equates to security.
3 years of HC salary = financial  security.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »

3 years of HC salary = financial  security.
my thoughts exactly.

bluengold204

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »

Strev will go to whichever team offers him more money
blue_or_die

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2019, 04:09:44 PM »

Strev will go to whichever team offers him more money

Disagree. Certainly if we lowball him while another team is offering fair dollar value then he would leave, but if everyone is offering fair market value for a very good backup and it's a difference of a few bucks, he stays here.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2019, 04:14:00 PM »

Disagree. Certainly if we lowball him while another team is offering fair dollar value then he would leave, but if everyone is offering fair market value for a very good backup and it's a difference of a few bucks, he stays here.

Disagree as well...Unless a team offers him obscene money to be the undisputed starter then he ain't going nowhere...he will get fair market value here, to continue building what he has been..in a stable winning environment...where he likes it...the threat of losing him is pretty much Nil...Management won't let him walk...as they know it would pissss off the fanbase more than anything and there is too much downside to letting a guy you have been grooming walk..where there is so much upside
theaardvark

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »

Not sure if we lose players to follow Lapo, there might be a couple.  Could even be some D guys... but I think we know each players vlue better than Lapo does, and if any go it will be because they were offered contracts above their value.  Adams might be a concern, Lapo has stuck with him, and might want that vet presence that knows his system to help him out.  Of all our players, I might conjecture Adams would be one of the easier ones to lose, as we have so many good Int rec's coming up...

Still under contract;

REC Rasheed Bailey (I) - 2020
REC Nic Demski (N) - 2020
REC Kenny Lawler (I) - 2020
REC Daniel Petermann (N) - 2020
REC Lucky Whitehead (I) - 2020

and only Adams and Wolitarsky as pending FA's...

Had a hard time getting Whitehead into the lineup after Bailey inserted himself...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:36:15 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: