Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 11:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers on pace to set CFL record in Grey Cup merchandise sales  (Read 786 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: December 03, 2019, 12:16:03 AM »

Bombers on pace to set CFL record in Grey Cup merchandise sales

WINNIPEG, MB., December 2, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers would like to thank all fans who celebrated the team?s 107th Grey Cup win over the past week. Community celebrations kicked off the moment the team landed at Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport Monday afternoon to a crowd filling the entire first floor of the terminal.

On Tuesday, the parade hosted by the City of Winnipeg that wove down Portage Avenue all the way to the Forks brought over 10,000 fans to line the streets downtown. The team then hosted a Grey Cup social at the RBC Convention Centre Friday night that saw over 2,500 more fans come to celebrate and take photos with the team and the Grey Cup, and the following morning an astounding 5,000-plus fans returned to the Convention Centre for a hugely successful family event.

"The response from our fans has been tremendous. The passion that fans have shown for our team is so positive for our city and province," said Wade Miller, President and CEO of the Winnipeg Football Club. "Our team is meeting this week to find more ways to share the Grey Cup with the province. We are so grateful for our fan support province-wide and look forward to sharing this championship with them."

New Grey Cup merchandise is arriving daily in both the Bomber Store at IG Field and St. Vital Centre holiday store location. 

"The first week of Grey Cup merchandise sales has been extremely strong and we are on pace to sell the most Grey Cup merchandise in the history of the CFL," said Miller. "We know our fan base is the strongest in the league and I have no doubt we will surpass Saskatchewan's record set in 2013."

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeated the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in a decisive 33-12 victory in the 107th Grey Cup held Sunday November 24th in Calgary. 2020 season tickets are now on sale at www.bluebombers.com/2020-season-tickets

2020 Season Tickets - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

BOOK A CALL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS MEMBERSHIP PRICING BOMBER FOR LIFE ALREADY A MEMBER? It?s more than a seat, it?s your spot on the roster BOMBER FOR LIFE Payment plans start as low as$22/MONTHTaxes & Fees Included Yearly auto renewal available for any membership JOIN NOW FULL SEASON Starting at $24/GAMETaxes & Fees Included 11 Games.

www.bluebombers.com or by calling 204-784-7448.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
thurmas

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:52:43 AM »

Blue Bombers are on pace to sell the most Grey Cup merchandise in CFL history.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...dise-1.5381838

Couple that with 800,000 more viewers for this year's Grey Cup CFL you should give a huge thank you to Manitoba and Bomber fans across Canada. To beat Rider fan merch sales is incredible!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 07:02:04 AM »

Couple that with 800,000 more viewers for this year's Grey Cup CFL you should give a huge thank you to Manitoba and Bomber fans across Canada. To beat Rider fan merch sales is incredible!

Not beaten the greenies yet, but we probably will!  That WM comment was brilliant, essentially making it a challenge: "c'mon Winnipeg, show that you're the better fan base than the hated greenies!"

As for the viewers, I bet a ton of that had to do with the fact is wasn't CGY vs who-cares-from-the-east.  Boy those CGY GCs get boring year after year, where the only reason to watch is to see how they blow it!

Does anyone know if the STH discount applies to the GC gear?  I would expect it does?  I know there will be a ton of that gear under our tree this year.
Sec223

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 12:03:33 PM »

Do the Bombers get all the profit or does the league take a cut ?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 12:36:29 PM »

Not beaten the greenies yet, but we probably will!  That WM comment was brilliant, essentially making it a challenge: "c'mon Winnipeg, show that you're the better fan base than the hated greenies!"

As for the viewers, I bet a ton of that had to do with the fact is wasn't CGY vs who-cares-from-the-east.  Boy those CGY GCs get boring year after year, where the only reason to watch is to see how they blow it!

Does anyone know if the STH discount applies to the GC gear?  I would expect it does?  I know there will be a ton of that gear under our tree this year.

yes it does apply.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 01:02:54 PM »

I hope they're getting more stock in, because it was pretty thin at the store on Saturday. I definitely don't wear small !!   Grin

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
booch

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »

Blue Bombers are on pace to sell the most Grey Cup merchandise in CFL history.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...dise-1.5381838

But...but...they powr the league...are the life blood...this is preposterous lies!! hahahah
dd

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »

Of course there?s record sales, it?s been 30 years since we had the opportunity to buy it!!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 01:28:28 PM »

We need a commemorative coin...
bluengold204

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 01:32:11 PM »

Lol guess that explains why I still haven't received an email saying my online order is ready for pick up.  Should have just went down there day one.
blue_or_die

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 02:18:57 PM »

Lol guess that explains why I still haven't received an email saying my online order is ready for pick up.  Should have just went down there day one.

https://www.thebomberstore.com/collections/grey-cup

According to the above, online orders won't ship until Dec 15.
bluengold204

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »

https://www.thebomberstore.com/collections/grey-cup

According to the above, online orders won't ship until Dec 15.

Good to know.  I selected in store pickup instead of shipping to my house thinking they would just hold a couple for me since they processed my payment right away, guess I was wrong.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »

Let's clear out the store just for the fun of it.
Pigskin

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 07:11:50 PM »

I purchased 2 jackets, 2 hoodie's, 2 hats, 2 t-shirts, 1 banner, and a new 3 x 5 flag. I just received a email says all items will be shipped on December 7th, expect the banner as is on back order.
Pigskin

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »

Doesn't look like any Grey Cup pins yet.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: