Blue Bombers Forum
August 05, 2020, 01:15:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BLUE BOMBERS LAUNCH NEW OFF-SEASON TRAINING ACADEMY  (Read 1242 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: December 07, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS LAUNCH NEW OFF-SEASON TRAINING ACADEMY

WINNIPEG, MB., December 6, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today launch Pro Prep Football Academy, a new comprehensive off-season football training program for youth focused on fundamental skill development and strength training.

Led by top amateur coaches, Blue Bombers running back and 2019 Grey Cup MVP/Most Valuable Canadian, Andrew Harris, and DJ Lalama, Winnipeg native and linebacker for the Montreal Alouettes, the new Pro Prep Academy focuses on training both on and off the field, giving young football players a chance to achieve their athletic goals and football dreams.

"This is an academy that focuses on the holistic student-athlete - not just the football player," said Harris. "Our goal is to help players develop fundamental skills and grow their football IQ while increasing their resilience, discipline and perseverance."

"Andrew and I were born and raised in Winnipeg, and so was our affection for the game of football. We want to share our passion with the next generation of young, talented football players in this province," said Lalama.

The Academy includes on-field position-specific training sessions and age-appropriate strength training sessions plus monthly guest speakers focused on leadership, nutrition, training your mind, study habits and preparing for university.

"Our mission is to change the football landscape in Manitoba by growing the next generation of student athletes," said Wade Miller, President & CEO, Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

The Academy is open to Manitoba students ages 14-18 and runs January to May 2020. For more information and to register visit www.bluebombers.com/proprep

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 04:22:23 PM »

Well done! The more home grown talent the better!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »

Great initiative!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 01:27:15 AM »

amazing, this is why the CFL is so awesome, you might want to remember that when you spend big money supporting the No Fun League.  CFL is local and in our community doing good things for your friends, family and neighbors.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Rouge2019

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »

This is a great idea.  We have benefited greatly from our home grown talent and it definitely helps the ratio when they make the Bomber roster.  It will be interesting to see if Brian Dobie and the Bisons also get involved in some way.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »

This is a great idea.  We have benefited greatly from our home grown talent and it definitely helps the ratio when they make the Bomber roster.  It will be interesting to see if Brian Dobie and the Bisons also get involved in some way.

When I read this, that's what came to mind (Bisons).

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 01:31:52 PM »

amazing, this is why the CFL is so awesome, you might want to remember that when you spend big money supporting the No Fun League.  CFL is local and in our community doing good things for your friends, family and neighbors.
You...you do realize NFL players and teams do community stuff too, right?
blue_or_die

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »

You...you do realize NFL players and teams do community stuff too, right?

Yes, but the stuff an NFL does doesn't support *your* community if you live in Canada.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »

This is a paid football camp. It appears to cost $400 per kid per month not including registration fees. I think it's great that they're doing it, and of course the Bombers do spend time and energy giving back but you might actually want to read a few words before spewing your usual CFL good NFL bad tirade. There's no reason for starting that debate here. There is no debate at all. It's a football camp for 14 to 18 year olds. That's cool. The end.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:18:01 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 02:38:36 PM »

This is a paid football camp. It appears to cost $400 per kid per month not including registration fees. I think it's great that they're doing it, and of course the Bombers do spend time and energy giving back but you might actually want to read a few words before spewing your usual CFL good NFL bad tirade. There's no reason for starting that debate here. There is no debate at all. It's a football camp for 14 to 18 year olds. That's cool. The end.
Not unlike camps that NFL players do...the comparison is weak to begin with
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: