Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 12:00:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locker Room Sale?  (Read 1392 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2019, 03:00:39 PM »

I went but just gave up waiting after standing in line in the store for about a half hour and barely moving. I picked up a couple of things upstairs but could have got that stuff anytime.I think the sale needs to be in a bigger venue
Geee what grand idea! Wake up football club!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »

This is the first time that I can remember having to wait in line so long since back at Canad Inns Stadium. What made me unhappy though was that after receiving an e-mail that The Locker Room Sale didn't start until 6:00 reading that people were being let in at 4:30. No wonder there wasn't much to choose from. Bad move Bombers.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 10:43:13 PM »

This is the first time that I can remember having to wait in line so long since back at Canad Inns Stadium. What made me unhappy though was that after receiving an e-mail that The Locker Room Sale didn't start until 6:00 reading that people were being let in at 4:30. No wonder there wasn't much to choose from. Bad move Bombers.
This is for sure not the first time the Club did this for this sale.

Doublezero

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 03:03:05 AM »

No one was let in at 4:30. I got there at 5:25 and the lineup to get in was 50-60 people long. They opened the doors to go down to the locker room just before 6pm (like around 5:55) as the lineup was snaking around the store and you could hardly move it was so full. I scored a couple of nice game-worn home blue jerseys and someone took a picture of me having an intimate squeeze with some trophy nicknamed Earl. Smiley

Just gimme the rock.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2019, 03:13:41 AM »

No one was let in at 4:30. I got there at 5:25 and the lineup to get in was 50-60 people long. They opened the doors to go down to the locker room just before 6pm (like around 5:55) as the lineup was snaking around the store and you could hardly move it was so full. I scored a couple of nice game-worn home blue jerseys and someone took a picture of me having an intimate squeeze with some trophy nicknamed Earl. Smiley
which player jerseys did you get?

Doublezero

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2019, 03:30:33 AM »

which player jerseys did you get?
I felt very lucky to get 2019 Championship year home blue New Era jerseys worn in battle by #80 Janarion Grant and #12 Sean McGuire - expecting both those guys to make an impact for us next year.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 03:33:17 AM by Doublezero » Logged

Just gimme the rock.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2019, 03:36:44 AM »

I felt very lucky to get 2019 Championship year home blue New Era jerseys worn in battle by #80 Janarion Grant and #12 Sean McGuire - expecting both those guys to make an impact for us next year.
cool. Well done.

Rouge2019

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2019, 07:00:35 AM »

Long time lurker and season ticket holder (25 years this year), first time poster.  I agree with what Doublezero has said, but I just wanted to add some additional comments to this discussion.

There are definitely things that the Bombers could improve upon with the Bomber for Life locker room event, but I think that overall it was good and the staff should be thanked as they would not have had a lot of time to pull it together after weeks of on the road playoff games, sorting out the aftermath (Grey Cup parade in a couple of days), Grey Cup merchandise flying in and out of the store, Convention Centre Family Event and Social, etc. etc. They don't have to do this event (remember the couple of years that they just sold some game worn/used stuff in an off-site holiday store?), but I am glad that they do the Locker room sale and Bomber for Life event for the fans.

My experience was that I got to the Bomber store around 5:00 p.m. as I wanted to see if some of the sold out Grey Cup staff had been re-stocked and check out the non-Locker room stuff for sale in the store.  The locker room was not open at that time, but there was already a line-up, so after taking a look around the store I joined the line and was about the 15th person. Early bird line ups are not unusual for locker room sale, but what may have been different from last year's Bomber for Life event as the guy in front of me said that few people came early last year and no one thought about lining up until closer to the time the doors opened.  My guess is that Bomber for Life membership has increased significantly from last year (the first year) and traditional locker room sale early birds who missed out last year have now signed up.

Early birds at big sales events (Black Friday, Boxing Day, Locker room sale) are nothing new, especially in Winnipeg, and there would be a ton of complaints if they made everyone wait outside in the cold when the store was open for regular business.  The doors did open a bit early, but that was not until about 5:50 or so and by that time the line had gotten so long in the store that they likely had to do something to relieve the congestion as it was way too crowded in there with Bomber for Life, Women's Club, and regular customers in the store.

When they stagger entry to the locker room sale there are always people saying that the first wave of people cleaned out everything good, but that hasn't been my experience and I don't think it was the case this time (with current game jerseys at $200 a piece, the most I saw anyone carrying was two). They had what was a reasonable display of current game jerseys, but I went for the white jerseys thinking there might be a Grey Cup jersey or at least a game issued New Era one, but nada - maybe all the players got to keep them this year because, well ... Grey Cup!  Any way, even though I was late to the party for the blue rack there will still good player jerseys there, but I passed on all but a Kyrie Wilson #19 jersey as I wear my gamers to games and physics have not been invented that could get me to fit a Lucky Whitehead jersey  Wink. There were older game jerseys at $50 a piece and a ton of blank game jerseys for $50, with current style blank game jerseys at $95 a piece. Most people seemed to be milling around having their free drink, sampling the food, sorting through the non-jersey items, lining up for a picture with the Grey Cup, etc. 

I went back to the Locker room sale Saturday afternoon and was surprised to see how much stuff was still there, including Adidas game jerseys with some name players from the past and lots of game jerseys with no name on the back (I was told at past Locker room sales that some players don't want someone wearing a game jersey with their name on it and the team seems to honor that if they are still with the team). I was also surprised at the number of current style blank jerseys still available at $95 - buy that and add in the cost of getting it stitched and it is still likely less than a replica jersey.

I have a few suggestions about things that could be improved for the future (not criticisms by any means, but things that could improve the event):

1) They might be able to accommodate the line-up better by opening the door to the stairwell leading to the locker room to add more room for the line-up (just keep the actual locker room door closed until show time).
2) They need to move the food and beverage part to the Pinnacle Room - having people milling about eating and drinking in the locker room makes it crowded and it was tough to get to items like the blank jerseys when some people decided to sit and stay in the lockers to eat their food.
3) I am not sure if the Pinnacle Room has washrooms, but it would be a good idea to have some on-site washroom facility (lets just say that there were more than a couple times in the Locker room that I caught the wafting smell of people expelling gas due to an obviously postponed washroom visit).
4) Prices on some merchandise items were not apparent, especially the "included in locker room sale" merchandise upstairs.

gobombersgo

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2019, 07:27:03 AM »

I got in line for the Bomber for Life event around 545. By that time the line was already by the ticket/jersey station.

By the time I got into the locker room all they had left for game jerseys were from guys that spent most of their time on the practice roster.

I wish they had better prices on some of the clothing. They had sweats for about 80 bucks whereas in other years they had them for 10-15.

They also weren't clearing out any t-shirts for cheap like in years past - just had their buy one get one for 50% off.

I did enjoy the beer and pic with the Grey Cup though.

blue girl

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »

First I want to apologize for saying that people were being let in at 4:30. I've never gone to a Black Friday or Boxing Day Sale before so it never even have occurred to me to go early. I will say though that I found the selection of merchandise disappointing. Of course last year they were trying to get rid of all the old stock because they were bringing in the New Era products so I was able to buy one t-shirt and get the second one free. As for Grey Cup merchandise there was nothing there that I couldn't get at The Convention Centre last week except that they had more sizes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: