Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 02:12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 16726 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #435 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:47 PM »

Franklin wasn't cheap, but Nichols/MBT are making more than Franklin/MBT/Prokup for sure.  Walker was making bank, but Daniels/TJ more than eat that savings up... Blake and Bladek did not come cheap... Tor is going to be a serious watch for cap... depending on how much up front they gave out, its going to be hard to shed SMS...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #436 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »

A lot of their dumps too were not really big dollar amounts either
gobombersgo

« Reply #437 on: February 13, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »

BOMBERS SIGN LINEBACKER TOBI ANTIGHA

WINNIPEG, MB., February 12, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the signing of linebacker Tobi Antigha to a one-year contract.

Antigha (6-2, 240, Presbyterian College) is a three-year Canadian Football League veteran with 46 career games played during his days with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (2017-18) and Toronto Argonauts (2019).

The 26-year-old product of Tampa, Fl. played in 11 games with the Argos last year, finishing with 20 tackles and two interceptions.

Antigha played in 35 games over two years with the Riders, registering 51 tackles, seven sacks and three interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. In 2017 he was named Saskatchewan's Most Outstanding Rookie.

Antigha played his college ball with the Presbyterian College Blue Hose of the Big South Conference, lining up for four years as a receiver and finishing with 105 receptions in his junior and senior season.

He was converted to defensive end after flashing his athleticism at a Roughriders min-camp.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/13/bombers-sign-linebacker-tobi-antigha/

gobombersgo

« Reply #438 on: February 14, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »

Transactions:

2020-02-13   WPG   LIGGINS, Jamalcolm   DB   N   Dickinson State   Add To   Active Roster
2020-02-13   WPG   JOHNSON, Josh   DB   A   Purdue   Add To   Active Roster
2020-02-13   WPG   ANTIGHA, Oluwatobi   LB   A   Presbyterian College   Add To   Active Roster

Nic16

« Reply #439 on: February 14, 2020, 02:31:56 PM »

Transactions:

2020-02-13   WPG   LIGGINS, Jamalcolm   DB   N   Dickinson State   Add To   Active Roster
2020-02-13   WPG   ANTIGHA, Oluwatobi   LB   A   Presbyterian College   Add To   Active Roster

Liggins could make some noise in TC. A 6?2 DB with many of the tools you see in NFL DBs. As an UDFA in his first & only NFL TC the media covering the Eagles thought he was going to make the PR.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #440 on: February 14, 2020, 03:11:21 PM »

Transactions:

Dickenson State raised my eyebrows, tiny school in the middle of nowhere North Dakota, hard to believe they have a football program as their enrolment is only 1350.  Liggins is classified as a Natl. although no evidence from Google that he ever lived in Canada, so he must be a fake Natl. with a parent who has a connection to Canada.

"How?s this for a whirlwind decade: When Jamalcolm Liggins was 11, his mom moved the family from Memphis, Tennessee to Bismarck, North Dakota for a chance at a safer childhood.

A few years later, she relocated to Colorado but Liggins and three of his siblings wanted to stay in North Dakota. He became a foster child of a family friend and developed knack for track and field and football. He got good enough to warrant interest college programs, but Liggins wasn't interested in playing college football, instead looking into a military career. That summer he had a change of heart. Rather than reaching out to big-time programs he called the coach at NAIA Dickinson State, in Dickinson, North Dakota, one of the only schools that haddn?t harassed him for initially not wanting to play college football. He ended up becoming the school?s best defensive player. Now, the cornerback is a hidden NFL draft gem in the process of being unearthed."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/jamalcolm-jay-liggins-dickinson-state-small-school-cornerback-naia-nfl-draft-sleeper
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:19:58 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #441 on: February 14, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »

Dickenson State raised my eyebrows, tiny school in the middle of nowhere North Dakota, hard to believe they have a football program as their enrolment is only 1350.  Liggins is classified as a Natl. although no evidence from Google that he ever lived in Canada, so he must be a fake Natl. with a parent who had connections to Canada.

"How?s this for a whirlwind decade: When Jamalcolm Liggins was 11, his mom moved the family from Memphis, Tennessee to Bismarck, North Dakota for a chance at a safer childhood.

A few years later, she relocated to Colorado but Liggins and three of his siblings wanted to stay in North Dakota. He became a foster child of a family friend and developed knack for track and field and football. He got good enough to warrant interest college programs, but Liggins wasn't interested in playing college football, instead looking into a military career. That summer he had a change of heart. Rather than reaching out to big-time programs he called the coach at NAIA Dickinson State, in Dickinson, North Dakota, one of the only schools that haddn?t harassed him for initially not wanting to play college football. He ended up becoming the school?s best defensive player. Now, the cornerback is a hidden NFL draft gem in the process of being unearthed."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/jamalcolm-jay-liggins-dickinson-state-small-school-cornerback-naia-nfl-draft-sleeper
I'm gonna put it down as a typo. Lots of players have been listed as Nats although they aren't (Larry Dean, Ryker Matthews to name a few)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #442 on: February 14, 2020, 03:22:18 PM »

I'm gonna put it down as a typo. Lots of players have been listed as Nats although they aren't (Larry Dean, Ryker Matthews to name a few)

Disappointing but I guess that makes sense.
blue_or_die

« Reply #443 on: February 14, 2020, 04:38:32 PM »

It's possible he bumped into one of us Winnipeggers shopping at Target in Grand Forks one time. I believe the CFL National definition qualifies that.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
gobombersgo

« Reply #444 on: February 14, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »

It's possible he bumped into one of us Winnipeggers shopping at Target in Grand Forks one time. I believe the CFL National definition qualifies that.
He qualifies because he was once overheard saying - oh yeah, no, for sure.

gobombersgo

« Reply #445 on: February 14, 2020, 10:31:26 PM »

Transactions:

2020-02-14   WPG   MILLER, Josh   DB   N   Ball State   Add To   Active Roster
2020-02-14   WPG   ROCQUEMORE, Jontrell   LB   N   Utah State   Add To   Active Roster

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #446 on: February 14, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »

Lots of DBs in coming I like it.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Fred C Dobbs

« Reply #447 on: February 15, 2020, 02:50:32 AM »

Dickenson State raised my eyebrows, tiny school in the middle of nowhere North Dakota, hard to believe they have a football program as their enrolment is only 1350. 

Chris Walby's alma mater.

Good advice: "There are a lot of idiots out there posting on forums. But if you ignore them, they will eventually go away."
ichabod_crane

« Reply #448 on: February 15, 2020, 03:05:04 AM »

Chris Walby's alma mater.

I thought Walby's alma matter was the Royal Fork?! Cheesy Wink
Go Big Blue

« Reply #449 on: February 15, 2020, 05:09:35 AM »

I think McManus, Goveia & Rigmaiden have got their scouting eyes set on giving the coaches some excellent DB's to choose from with all the recent signings. We've got our players leaving and securing positions in the NFL so the word must be out that the "Bombers" are a good development team that won't hold you back. If you play for the "Big Blue" they will give you an early release from your contract if you want to try to make it down south. What a great way to build a well respected organization plus it really helps the salary cap to bring in some talented rookies. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:21:31 AM by Go Big Blue » Logged

The Blue Cow Cream Play of the 107th Grey Cup - #3 Thiadric Hansen: One hit takes out two Tiger Cats.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  

Jump to: