Blue Bombers Forum
August 13, 2020, 10:13:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 64545 times)
booch

« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2020, 03:52:05 PM »

He completely owns it and has changed his life around. It was his rock bottom and by all accounts he has reformed his behavior and this, if anything, has strengthened him. I am willing to give him a chance. I don't for one second believe he is still a problem child. I don't like the choices he made in the past anymore than anyone else does, but everything I've read about the guy since indicates to me that he has reformed his behavior.

Oh I agree...don't get me wrong...people can and have changed..and by all accounts he has too...and if he makes us a better team and causes no internal problems..I am all for it.

The funny thing both leagues..as well as the NCAA are littered with guys with issues, and problems like he has...currently and in the past...and some with wayyy worse demons, but have yet to be caught/exposed and it hasn't affected their play...so is not of public knowledge and out there for people to judge...when I played I had teamates...and opponents who were considered "stars" and looked at with great regard by public....but i would not want anyone I cared about run in their circles or be hanging with them....just sayin
Blue In BC

« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2020, 06:31:01 PM »

I agree there are many players is all sports that have issues but haven't been caught. To say it hasn't impacted their play is a stretch though. How much better might a given player be without some sort of addiction?

Teammates that are aware of these issues are also impacted by their understanding of those facts. Trust and confidence is shaken.

Football or tradesmen building houses, it's part of life in an imperfect world.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2020, 07:20:00 PM »

I agree there are many players is all sports that have issues but haven't been caught. To say it hasn't impacted their play is a stretch though. How much better might a given player be without some sort of addiction?

Teammates that are aware of these issues are also impacted by their understanding of those facts. Trust and confidence is shaken.

Football or tradesmen building houses, it's part of life in an imperfect world.

Hard to say how it can/or does impact a guys play....he could been doing the things from college and through the pro's..so who knows if it made them less a player...some guys may have been worse....and seen first hand teammates aware of a players disgressions...some offer help...some stay clear and don't want to stick nose in it...some could care less...others dance to the same song...locker rooms are a lot of times dicey environments...and a lot of the times the team knows things do...and sometimes turn blind eye, sometimes intervene..sometimes try to get assistance...and sometimes have to act as their hand got forced due to whats happening..or happened.

Take Charlie here...was a perenial all-star and **** good back and had a great career...but I know and seen him a lot outside of the football field after his marriage went to the dumpster, and it was amazing how he produced in spite of his lifestyle at the time, unbeknownst to basically to anyone but team management, and the inner circle of the lockeroom...media had no idea either and basically when things got to the point they did the Bombers hands were forced and he got traded and they (Bombers) cleaned up a bit of a mess...so that things didn't get in the media...was basically an ultimatum put forth to the team....Not gonna say what went on here on a forum but thats what went down...He should have retired and played his career in Winnipeg but things happened which wouldn't allow that
gobombersgo

« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2020, 07:32:13 PM »

Oh I agree...don't get me wrong...people can and have changed..and by all accounts he has too...and if he makes us a better team and causes no internal problems..I am all for it.

The funny thing both leagues..as well as the NCAA are littered with guys with issues, and problems like he has...currently and in the past...and some with wayyy worse demons, but have yet to be caught/exposed and it hasn't affected their play...so is not of public knowledge and out there for people to judge...when I played I had teamates...and opponents who were considered "stars" and looked at with great regard by public....but i would not want anyone I cared about run in their circles or be hanging with them....just sayin

I'm looking forward to watching the Netflix series on Aaron Hernandez. Its crazy how he was able to focus on football after having killed someone.

gobombersgo

« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »

According to the CFL transactions page it looks like Nic Demski re-worked his contract. He had one year left on the deal he signed last February.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2020, 10:37:28 PM »

I'm looking forward to watching the Netflix series on Aaron Hernandez. Its crazy how he was able to focus on football after having killed someone.
didn?t him and Gronk get drafted in the same year? Tells you how long Gronk  lasted. I saw the Hernandez thing. Intriguing to say the least.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #261 on: January 15, 2020, 01:26:49 AM »

According to the CFL transactions page it looks like Nic Demski re-worked his contract. He had one year left on the deal he signed last February.

That's great news, was worried Demski could cost them a bundle to retain next time he hits F.A.  He's already in the top 5 skilled Natls. on the O-side of the ball and getting better with each year.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2020, 05:56:50 AM »

That's great news, was worried Demski could cost them a bundle to retain next time he hits F.A.  He's already in the top 5 skilled Natls. on the O-side of the ball and getting better with each year.
He had a great Grey Cup game and was a key component of our offence....he has a lot of upside!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2020, 11:12:30 AM »

The DUI guy... it's funny that a guy who in all likeliehood won't make the team (90% of new IMPs that come up for TC are sent packing) is taking up 3+ pages of discussion  Cheesy Grin  Maybe we should hold off on dissecting him after (if!) he makes the team!  Cheesy

What's the skinny?  Any details?  I assume a "rework" means more $$ for him in 2020?  Any details on the new contract length?  I'd give him more $$ now in return for a 2 or 3 year commitment!

Demski is the real darn deal!  Gets better every year, and almost, it seems, every game!  And dual threat.  He's a secret weapon and as a NAT is almost like cheating!!  Those rushes in the post-season: I seriously can't watch those enough, and my jaw drops every time.

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »

Demski was,used perfectly npby Lapo, and flourished in most situations.  He certainly progressed as did the Bombers during the year.  Very pleased,for him!
booch

« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2020, 01:18:27 PM »

sometimes those re-works are to gain advantage in next year in signing other free agents...even though just showing up on transaction now, could have been done with an added amount given to close out 2019, and "removed" from 2020 money, but an extra year extended on original deal for more $$...I believe Medlock and Bryant did that 2 years ago
Even with the re-ups we did prior to this, pretty sure we still had some 2019 SMS money left for this....To date it appears Medlock did it again, and Demski has too...wouldn't be surprised to see one more re-worked deal show up on CFL transactions
Blue In BC

« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »

sometimes those re-works are to gain advantage in next year in signing other free agents...even though just showing up on transaction now, could have been done with an added amount given to close out 2019, and "removed" from 2020 money, but an extra year extended on original deal for more $$...I believe Medlock and Bryant did that 2 years ago
Even with the re-ups we did prior to this, pretty sure we still had some 2019 SMS money left for this....To date it appears Medlock did it again, and Demski has too...wouldn't be surprised to see one more re-worked deal show up on CFL transactions

Don't teams have to use the previous year SMS before the end of the calendar year to not count against the 2020 SMS?

Or are we just seeing announcements of what was completed before the end of December?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:05:31 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2020, 02:27:45 PM »

Don't teams have to use the previous year SMS before the end of the calendar year to not count against the 2020 SMS?

Or are we just seeing announcements of what was completed before the end of December?

If you dont use..or shall I say allocate 2019 money before end of that calendar year then it is gone and you finished your year under the cap limit...though contracts can be signed and finalized in the 2019 year with those money's going toward a 2020 deal but not publicized and many times into the new season...pretty sure some things have ben done..worked..re-worked that are just not announced...as long as it is registered with the league prior to yr end...its all good...technically teams don't even have to announce anything to media/public

Blue In BC

« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2020, 03:34:19 PM »

If you dont use..or shall I say allocate 2019 money before end of that calendar year then it is gone and you finished your year under the cap limit...though contracts can be signed and finalized in the 2019 year with those money's going toward a 2020 deal but not publicized and many times into the new season...pretty sure some things have ben done..worked..re-worked that are just not announced...as long as it is registered with the league prior to yr end...its all good...technically teams don't even have to announce anything to media/public

That's what I thought. I take this to mean deals were registered before the end of 2019 and just now being announced to the public.

I've begun to think that even 2020 SMS spending and re-signing potential free agents has likely been done to some degree across the CFL.

Teams are just not making all their announcements as quickly in previous years. Not sure why that is happening with any certainty.

The only thing I can come up with is some strategy revolving around this new 8 day " shop around my deal " idea in the CBA. LOL

I guess the question is if a deal is registered with the league, at what point to the other teams know which players are no longer potential free agents?

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »

Demski has proven to be more durable than expected / hoped, so maybe he was worked around for more guaranteed money in exchange for more term... or a reduced SMS hit, but more up front... there would be no advantage like the Medlock / Bryant reworks that gave them more pay for less SMS by giving them more bonus, which is taxed different in the US.  Demski is Canadian, our tax laws, to my knowledge, don't favor bonus vs. salary...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: