Blue Bombers Forum
January 23, 2021, 10:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 86574 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »

2020 would have been a good indicator for Harris being the last year of his current deal. As good as he has been he is still very young and his best work will be ahead of him. He would be one that it would be nice to see stay with the organization.

I hate that "heart of a lion" is such an appropriate term to describe him. Could see Ottawa being interested if he does go to FA.

I would be shocked, disappointed, and surprised should he play anywhere else.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Leroy Brown
« Reply #571 on: October 21, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »

Well said. The fans have spoken. Hopefully there is a league. Hard to plan for free agency not knowing.

Because he is a smart player and a good blocker I wouldn't mind seeing Harris transition into a Calvin McCarty style role and play forever letting Augustine and Oliviera pound the ball and earn their keep. RB position is an enviable team strength right now.

Beyond me to post a clip but Harris and Micah Johnson face to face and barking is one of my favs. Might have been the 2018 playoff game. Says all there is to say about A.H. imo.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2020, 02:52:30 AM »

He'll retire a Bomber. I'd put money on that.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #573 on: October 22, 2020, 06:03:17 AM »

Yup, no way AH33 goes to another team, nor would we "let" him.  I'd put money on him not retiring, assuming there's a 2021.  Why not sign him to 3 years and if he wants to retire in year 2 or 3 we really wouldn't (couldn't?) stop him.

Who cares if he takes up $215k... completely worth the money as otherwise you'd have to spend that or more for a star-caliber NAT on the D side.

Not to mention half the jerseys in the stands at IGF are #33....

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #574 on: October 22, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »

Yup, no way AH33 goes to another team, nor would we "let" him.  I'd put money on him not retiring, assuming there's a 2021.  Why not sign him to 3 years and if he wants to retire in year 2 or 3 we really wouldn't (couldn't?) stop him.

Who cares if he takes up $215k... completely worth the money as otherwise you'd have to spend that or more for a star-caliber NAT on the D side.

Not to mention half the jerseys in the stands at IGF are #33....

All good points.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Leroy Brown
« Reply #575 on: December 04, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »

Slim list of returning players for 2021 at this point. Collaros, Bighill, Jefferson, Darvin Adams, Micah Awe appears to be the core they will build around. The Geoff Gray era and saga appears on the line. Kongbo?

Nothing against Collaros but I would like to see them sign another quality QB. Jerimiah Masoli seemed good value at $450,000, MBT was less and would be my pick. Darvin Adams would not complain.

Also hoping the Justin Medlock / Chad Rempel dynamic duo are done. DJ Lalama could fill 3 roles as a replacement for Rempel. Wondering about Legghio as well. XFL also not that far away for some.

Could be lots is already in place and they haven't released the news. I assume season ticket holders will be getting their packages soon though and would be nice to hear something to help with that.

Seems more and more the CFL is hanging by a thread and even now might be already gone. Reminds me of the Jets winning the final Avco Cup in the days of the WHA.

TBURGESS

« Reply #576 on: December 04, 2020, 02:52:20 PM »

Here's the list of pending free agents and who will stay: https://3downnation.com/2020/12/04/the-winnipeg-blue-bombers-2021-potential-free-agent-list/

Most teams will be in the same situation. If there's any year that a team could 'buy' a contender, next year will be it.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #577 on: December 04, 2020, 03:20:52 PM »

It's a worrisome list of potential free agents and every team will be in similar situations. Generally I think we'll be able to retain most of those we want to retain. It might come down to whether there is any reduction to the SMS.

We lost a few starters that opted out of their agreements earlier that I'd like to see re-signed: Lawler, Grant and Mason.

Having won the GC will motivate some players to stay in Winnipeg unless another team goes nuts on money offer outside of reality.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #578 on: December 04, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »

Slim list of returning players for 2021 at this point. Collaros, Bighill, Jefferson, Darvin Adams, Micah Awe appears to be the core they will build around. The Geoff Gray era and saga appears on the line. Kongbo?

Nothing against Collaros but I would like to see them sign another quality QB. Jerimiah Masoli seemed good value at $450,000, MBT was less and would be my pick. Darvin Adams would not complain.

Also hoping the Justin Medlock / Chad Rempel dynamic duo are done. DJ Lalama could fill 3 roles as a replacement for Rempel. Wondering about Legghio as well. XFL also not that far away for some.

Could be lots is already in place and they haven't released the news. I assume season ticket holders will be getting their packages soon though and would be nice to hear something to help with that.

Seems more and more the CFL is hanging by a thread and even now might be already gone. Reminds me of the Jets winning the final Avco Cup in the days of the WHA.

I was expecting Rempel to retire but that's not a given. Lalama is in Montreal but he may not be a free agent? Lalama seemed to be playing well at the end of 2019 and could be an interesting addition to look at if he reaches free agency. Realistically I had expected Latour to be seriously given a chance to earn LS if Rempel retires. Could be an SMS savings as well.

No XFL scheduled for 2021 so that's not an option for CFL players.

Yes CFL could very well be hanging by a thread.

Something like 323 potential CFL free agents. That includes some that might have been 1 year signings going into 2020. We have a few that never played for us but could now be FA's ( Antigha for example ).

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 08:25:46 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Leroy Brown
« Reply #579 on: December 04, 2020, 08:58:31 PM »

Good point about the one year contracts. Fans have complained about team identities due to roster turnover for a while. Can't really blame the players though when the teams don't honor the contracts they hand out and not sure why the CFL is so opposed given all the negatives it creates.

Holding GM's accountable for their signings should be a minimum imo but it is not. Kind of a double standard.

Pigskin

« Reply #580 on: December 04, 2020, 09:39:25 PM »

Good point about the one year contracts. Fans have complained about team identities due to roster turnover for a while. Can't really blame the players though when the teams don't honor the contracts they hand out and not sure why the CFL is so opposed given all the negatives it creates.

Holding GM's accountable for their signings should be a minimum imo but it is not. Kind of a double standard.

Normally I would agree, but the GM's had no control on what happened last season with Covid.

I also don't think teams will be throwing around money this year.  CFL teams are hurting and GM's will have to be very careful with there dollars. A player like AH33 mite not see $200,000 plus this year.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:28:15 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #581 on: December 04, 2020, 10:38:28 PM »

Transactions:

2020-11-25   WPG   WOLITARSKY, Drew   WR   N   Minnesota   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   WILLIAMS, Sam   LB   A   East Texas Baptist University   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   NELSON, Charles   WR   A   Oregon   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   MCCANTS, Tyre   WR   N   South Florida   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   LAWRENCE, Kevin   OL   N   Rhode Island   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   LAFRANCE, Royce   DL   N   Tulane   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   KOLOAMATANGI, Meffy   DL   A   Hawaii   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   KOLANKOWSKI, Chris   OL   N   York   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   JEFFERSON, Willie   DL   A   Stephen F. Austin State   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   HOUSTON, Demerio   DB   N   Southern   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   HARPER, Isaiah   WR   N   Old Dominion   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   DUCK, Clifton   DB   N   Appalachian State   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   COUTURE, Michael   OL   N   Simon Fraser   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   COLLAROS, Zach   QB   A   Cincinnati   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   BIGHILL, Adam   LB   A   Central Washington   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   AWE, Micah   LB   A   Texas Tech   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   AUGUSTINE, Johnny   RB   N   Guelph   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   ALLEN, Joshua   DB   N   Miami of Ohio   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   ALFORD, DeAundre   DB   N   Tusculum College   Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   ALEXANDRE, Justin   DL   N      Add To   Active Roster
2020-11-25   WPG   ADAMS, Darvin   WR   A   Auburn   Add To   Active Roster

Leroy Brown
« Reply #582 on: December 05, 2020, 07:28:14 PM »

As beloved as Andrew Harris is and rightfully so there comes a time for the team to look to the future. AH33 at $215,000 + is a big number compared to other running backs across the league.

I'm guessing Harris will ask for a multi year package but maybe not. I could see Ottawa being interested in a one year deal if it goes that way.

Augustine and Oliviera need a chance to play. Bring Jamaal Lyles home as the third amigo. Three for the price of one right there.

Bombers were a veteran team. Stanley Bryant is in the same spot as AH. It will be interesting to see what they do. Apparently there was a moratorium on signing players due to come off next week.

Pigskin

« Reply #583 on: December 05, 2020, 07:48:42 PM »

Bryant will sign another one year deal. He's still the best OL we have. I can also see AH33 signing one year deals till the day he retires. He's not done yet.
Blue In BC

« Reply #584 on: December 05, 2020, 08:56:58 PM »

As beloved as Andrew Harris is and rightfully so there comes a time for the team to look to the future. AH33 at $215,000 + is a big number compared to other running backs across the league.

I'm guessing Harris will ask for a multi year package but maybe not. I could see Ottawa being interested in a one year deal if it goes that way.

Augustine and Oliviera need a chance to play. Bring Jamaal Lyles home as the third amigo. Three for the price of one right there.

Bombers were a veteran team. Stanley Bryant is in the same spot as AH. It will be interesting to see what they do. Apparently there was a moratorium on signing players due to come off next week.

Harris is a starting top quality ratio breaking Canadian RB. That's a premium in the CFL. I agree it's a big price to pay but that's the nature of starting Canadians.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40
  Print  

Jump to: