Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 01:47:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 16715 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #420 on: February 11, 2020, 06:19:45 PM »

I think Miles was the last signing, unless there is NO interest, anywhere, in Roh.  

I like where we are, I'm happy with every position.  Knowing there will have to be some new blood on the opening day roster, I'm confident that this scouting crew will find them...

More for depth I would think. A Jr. Luke or Menard are serviceable.

Thomas, Griffiths, DP... fine depth for a single DT spot.  No need to sign a "serviceable" player...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2020, 06:21:52 PM »

I think Miles was the last signing, unless there is NO interest, anywhere, in Roh.  

I like where we are, I'm happy with every position.  Knowing there will have to be some new blood on the opening day roster, I'm confident that this scouting crew will find them...

Thomas, Griffiths, DP... fine depth for a single DT spot.  No need to sign a "serviceable" player...

Hate to tell you this but Thomas is also a serviceable player and we don't even know what we have in Griffiths yet. To hedge our bets we need to bring in another NAT DT. I know you think Thomas is an all star but he has stamina issues. Always has always will, and we need his equal to rotate in and out. Maybe Griffiths is that guy, but it would be stupid not to bring a 3rd guy into the mix in case he isn't. Let them fight it out in camp.

That is, of course, if we continue down the path of a FT NAT DT which could very easily be a plan that is yet aborted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 06:25:03 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gobombersgo

« Reply #422 on: February 11, 2020, 06:28:13 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD FOUR TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., February 11, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions

Added to roster:
American defensive back Dee Alford (Tusculum)

American offensive lineman Sepesitiano Pupungatoa (South Dakota State)

National offensive lineman Chris Kolankowski (York)

National kicker Matthew Riley (Manitoba)

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/11/blue-bombers-add-four-roster/

Blue96

« Reply #423 on: February 11, 2020, 06:56:38 PM »

American offensive lineman Sepesitiano Pupungatoa (South Dakota State)

I'm so looking forward to how bad the pronunciation is going to be. Considering broadcaster have a hard time with simpler names. LOL
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #424 on: February 11, 2020, 07:07:32 PM »

Natl. Courtney Stephens just signed with the Ti-Cats, it would have been nice to pick him up but probably well out of the Bombers price range.
Nic16

« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2020, 07:15:53 PM »

I love the Fatboi, but load management is the key to his success. Griffith has to be ready to play real reps in this scenario.  Excited to see Alexander back at safety too. 

Agreed on both points.

I can also see KW attempting to use his OL depth to swing a straight up trade for a backup DT, or it is quite possible he could try packaging up the 18th pick & an OL to move back into the 1st rd to grab someone like DE - Mason Bennett. That would have the potential to put them in a similar position as they were with Kongbo & Thomas rotating.
booch

« Reply #426 on: February 11, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »

Natl. Courtney Stephens just signed with the Ti-Cats, it would have been nice to pick him up but probably well out of the Bombers price range.

I bet we could get Arjen Colquhoun on a reasonable deal...can play corner..safety..still relatively young..
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #427 on: February 12, 2020, 01:35:15 AM »

Agreed on both points.

I can also see KW attempting to use his OL depth to swing a straight up trade for a backup DT, or it is quite possible he could try packaging up the 18th pick & an OL to move back into the 1st rd to grab someone like DE - Mason Bennett. That would have the potential to put them in a similar position as they were with Kongbo & Thomas rotating.

I agree, can't see them holding onto 3 spares and I can't see any of them accepting a PR spot, but you never know.  As Walters said good position to have assets, I'm sure a few teams will be looking to shore up their Natl. O-line talent (Hello Sask.) shortly.  If they can pry away a Natl. D starter from another team it might be worth a trade or give them leverage to move up in the draft if they wish to gamble. 

I think Couture re-signing is an indication that he's here to stay, moving any of the other 5 have equal possibilities with divergent values, they should be looking ahead to next year's roster to determine who is lining up for a major increase in pay and who might want to play closer to home before making a rash decision.  Great to have a young developing O-line but as they mature, so will their salary requests.  I'm guessing there may also be a transition at one or both OT positions for next season, which could save some major pesos if they found younger substitutes for Hardrick or Bryant.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:41:05 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
BlueInCgy

« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2020, 02:05:57 AM »

I bet we could get Arjen Colquhoun on a reasonable deal...can play corner..safety..still relatively young..

Except he signed with Toronto
theaardvark

« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2020, 12:15:17 PM »

I agree, can't see them holding onto 3 spares and I can't see any of them accepting a PR spot, but you never know.  As Walters said good position to have assets, I'm sure a few teams will be looking to shore up their Natl. O-line talent (Hello Sask.) shortly.  If they can pry away a Natl. D starter from another team it might be worth a trade or give them leverage to move up in the draft if they wish to gamble. 

I think Couture re-signing is an indication that he's here to stay, moving any of the other 5 have equal possibilities with divergent values, they should be looking ahead to next year's roster to determine who is lining up for a major increase in pay and who might want to play closer to home before making a rash decision.  Great to have a young developing O-line but as they mature, so will their salary requests.  I'm guessing there may also be a transition at one or both OT positions for next season, which could save some major pesos if they found younger substitutes for Hardrick or Bryant.

Competition on  the Oline is going to ratchet things up...  There is room for 3 starters. 6th man, non dressed AR and 1 on the IR...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2020, 12:34:32 PM »

Yes he did, a few hours after Booch's post though.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #431 on: February 12, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »

At time of post he was still available
BlueInCgy

« Reply #432 on: February 12, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »

At time of post he was still available

Think my post was misinterpreted.  Wasn't criticizing the message, it was more like "....and Toronto signs their 14th FA of the day...." type thing.
booch

« Reply #433 on: February 12, 2020, 02:00:09 PM »

Think my post was misinterpreted.  Wasn't criticizing the message, it was more like "....and Toronto signs their 14th FA of the day...." type thing.
Yeah I wan't assuming that...and since then they signed Ackie too...they gonna have to shed some more salary at some point or have some big cuts in TC
BlueInCgy

« Reply #434 on: February 12, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »

Yeah I wan't assuming that...and since then they signed Ackie too...they gonna have to shed some more salary at some point or have some big cuts in TC

Yeah, they have to be over the cap at this point.  Most of the savings from the "non re-signs" got consumed in MBTs bump and adding Nichols, and I would have to guess that the average signing cost from Day 1 of FA is in the $140k/player range.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: