Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 02:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 16731 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #405 on: February 11, 2020, 02:40:12 PM »

What is the Bombers biggest remaining need?  A safety? 

We need a good Canadian to play on Defense. Ackie or Liang as S and DT, respectively.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
the paw

« Reply #406 on: February 11, 2020, 03:52:29 PM »

What is the Bombers biggest remaining need?  A safety? 

an experienced boundary CB I think. 

I don't think we have the cap room left to sign a starting Cdn, so look for either Thomas/Griffith to be starter at DT, with Alexander at safety, OR one of Hallet or Exume get a promotion this year. 

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #407 on: February 11, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »

I don't think we have the cap room left to sign a starting Cdn, so look for either Thomas/Griffith to be starter at DT, with Alexander at safety, OR one of Hallet or Exume get a promotion this year. 
I'd like the latter...though Alexander at safety allows us do do a lot of different things on defense than you normally could/would
theaardvark

« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2020, 04:32:42 PM »

Looks like he roster is set for CFL players... bring in the recruits...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD THREE TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., February 11, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added International offensive lineman Kevin Lawrence, International defensive back Dexter McDougle and International receiver Deontez Alexander.

Lawrence
(6-4, 310, Rhode Island, January 17, 1998, Bloomfield, Conn.) started all 11 games on the offensive line in his Junior year and was named to CAA Football Comissioner's Academic Honor Roll. Lawrence started 12 games in his senior year at right tackle.

McDougle
(5-10, 189, Maryland, April 8, 1991, Woodbridge, Virginia) was originally selected in the third round, 80th overall, by the New York Jets in the 2014 NFL Draft, and spent three seasons there before being traded to the Eagles for safety Terrance Brooks. He recorded 13 tackles and one pass break up over 29 games in the NFL.

Alexander
(6-1, 200, Franklin, July 25, 1996, Indianapolis, Indiana) had 2,133 yards and 33 touchdowns on 114 catches in 21 games with Franklin after transferring from Division III school Anderson University. Alexander spent a portion of the 2018 and 2019 NFL preseason?s with the Detroit Lions pulling in two catches for 17 yards.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/11/blue-bombers-add-three-roster/

gobombersgo

« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH DEFENSIVE BACK JOSH JOHNSON

WINNIPEG, MB., February 11, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the team has agreed to terms with veteran defensive back Josh Johnson on a one-year contract.

Johnson (5-10, 200, Purdue) is a four-year veteran of the Canadian Football League, with 64 career regular-season games played - including 58 starts - in stops with the B.C. Lions (2014-15), Ottawa REDBLACKS (2018), Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2018) and the Edmonton Eskimos (2019).

Johnson, 29, started 17 games for the Eskimos in 2019 at both halfback and cornerback, finishing with 43 tackles, two interceptions, one sack, nine pass knockdowns and one tackle for a loss.

He was productive in the postseason, picking off three passes in Edmonton's Eastern Semi-Final win over the Montreal Alouettes, becoming the first player in the CFL to have three interceptions in a playoff game since Darrell Moir of Toronto in 1986. He then added a team-high six tackles and a sack in the Eastern Final loss to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Johnson played his college ball with the Purdue Boilermakers, starting 36 of 49 games and twice named to the Academic All-Big Ten Team (2010, 2011).

He was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2013, before joining the B.C. in 2014 where he started 34 games over the next two seasons. His work with the Lions drew the attention of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who signed him in February of 2016. Johnson played eight games with Jacksonville in 2016 but was placed on injured reserve in the summer of 2017 before being released in October of that year.

Johnson then signed with Ottawa in March of 2018 and, after playing in four games before being released and signed by Hamilton, where he appeared in nine games. He signed as a free agent with the Eskimos in May of 2019.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/11/blue-bombers-agree-terms-defensive-back-josh-johnson/

gobombersgo

« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2020, 04:59:38 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS RE-SIGN LINEBACKER THOMAS MILES

WINNIPEG, MB., February 11, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the signing of veteran linebacker Thomas Miles to a one-year contract extension. The deal was completed just before the opening of Canadian Football League free agency this morning at 11:00 a.m. CT.

Miles
(6-1, 232, Manitoba) returns to his hometown Bombers for a fourth season and will continue to play a role on special teams while serving as a tremendous ambassador of the club in the community.

Miles has not missed a game since signing with the Bombers as a free agent in March of 2017 following three years with the Toronto Argonauts. In 2019, Miles accumulated eight special teams tackles and added four on defence and suited up for all three playoff games.

Miles was also named the 2019 recipient of the Ed Kotowich Good Guy Award, acknowledging a Bombers player who has 'excellent football ability, is a leader in the locker room, and shows outstanding effort in the community.'

Miles has made several appearances for the Bombers Tackle Bullying and Break the Silence Against Women programs and has visited several Northern communities in conjunction with those initiatives. A proud product of Churchill High School and the University of Manitoba, Miles has also made countless visits to schools as part of the team's Hit the Books program, helps coach and mentor with the Bombers Youth Football Club. As well, he serves on the board of directors of the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba, supports Wahbung Abinoonjiiag - a domestic violence prevention centre for children and their families - and has been a 'Big Brother' with Big Brothers and Sisters of Winnipeg. He is also a mentor and speaker with Food Allergy Canada and the Children's Allergy & Asthma Education Centre at the Winnipeg Children's Hospital.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/11/blue-bombers-re-sign-linebacker-thomas-miles/

Pigskin

« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »

Good old Churchill Bulldog is back.
Nic16

« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2020, 05:29:42 PM »

Looks like Josh Johnson will be either the boundary CB or HB. JJ has the potential to be a sneaky good FA pickup. The more you read about him the more he sounds like a Hall type DB.

Regarding the Safety position, Walters said that Alexander IS the plan. They really like his mobility, skill, toughness & communication for the position. And after watching the D in the playoffs how could one argue that. Having Alexander & Biggie as the field generals on D is a huge benefit for the coaches.

With that said, their plan is to rotate Fatboi & Griffith @ DT to fill the lone NAT spot on D.

Which you should be very happy with, because if I remember correctly you are a Fatboi fanboy.
blue_or_die

« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2020, 05:38:30 PM »

Good old Churchill Bulldog is back.

My brother in law played LB beside him at Churchill Smiley

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2020, 05:48:37 PM »

Looks like Josh Johnson will be either the boundary CB or HB. JJ has the potential to be a sneaky good FA pickup. The more you read about him the more he sounds like a Hall type DB.

Regarding the Safety position, Walters said that Alexander IS the plan. They really like his mobility, skill, toughness & communication for the position. And after watching the D in the playoffs how could one argue that. Having Alexander & Biggie as the field generals on D is a huge benefit for the coaches.

With that said, their plan is to rotate Fatboi & Griffith @ DT to fill the lone NAT spot on D.

Which you should be very happy with, because if I remember correctly you are a Fatboi fanboy.

Would not surprise me in the least if our first pick in the draft is a DT.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
the paw

« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

I love the Fatboi, but load management is the key to his success. Griffith has to be ready to play real reps in this scenario.  Excited to see Alexander back at safety too. 

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »

I love the Fatboi, but load management is the key to his success. Griffith has to be ready to play real reps in this scenario.  Excited to see Alexander back at safety too. 

We may go shopping for a NAT DT yet.

the paw

« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »

We may go shopping for a NAT DT yet.

Fabion Foote is the only one of interest. Laing is in Ottawa, Junior Luke and Dave Menard are MEH, and Junior Turner is a band-aid. 

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2020, 06:17:46 PM »

Fabion Foote is the only one of interest. Laing is in Ottawa, Junior Luke and Dave Menard are MEH, and Junior Turner is a band-aid. 

More for depth I would think. A Jr. Luke or Menard are serviceable.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: