Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2020, 11:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 70575 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 08:05:13 PM »

Neuf was injured for the first 12 games this year too, so the injury bug is hardly a thing of the past.

He was useful this year despite the injury. Could be taking a pay cut for all we know. It's clear he's not our only option at the position as demonstrated by the 2019 season and as long as we're not viewing him as such it's a good signing. He can be very good and national oline depth is important. Guards with his experience and the right passport don't grow on trees.
Pigskin

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 08:07:15 PM »

108 games out of a possible 162. 68 starts, and he only started a handle full of games for the bombers in 2017. 2018 was his best year.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:54:18 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2019, 08:15:11 PM »

108 games out of a possible 180. 68 starts, and he only started a handle full of games for the bombers in 2017. 2018 was his best year.

There were other OL on the roster. In 2017 we had 3 import OL with Bond. We had Goossen and Chungh.

The point was that he was healthy. It's not his fault he may have behind those players on the depth chart.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »

108 games out of a possible 180. 68 starts, and he only started a handle full of games for the bombers in 2017. 2018 was his best year.

Like i mentioned before...his first few years most likely he was a back-up

Couture has 72 CFL games to his credit in 4 years..and has what17...18 as a starter...whats the point again?

I mentioned in other threads..Neuf was rushed back on field his first few years here when injured, and never really healed up...and got re-injured...cause we needed him and our O-line was brutal..2017 he was 6th for majority of year..took over last 4 games I believe..and all of 2018...once he was totally healed had no issues...played hurt o close out 2018 season..and at a high level and had a set-back this year from surgery to fix him...prob could have started again mid season but we choose to totally heal him up for play-off push..and worked out pretty darn good

A really good National Lineman who plays either guard spot..can sub in at Tackle in a pinch and is only 30 years old..with a mean streak and is like a coach on and off the field...you sign in a heartbeat...and if he was released or allowed to hit free agency..All 8 teams would be trying to sign him, but he wanted to be here...could care less about a bifdding war and we prob got him for a very SMS friendly rate..which is gonna help us elsewhere on the roster
booch

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2019, 08:23:10 PM »

And out of a possible 162 games..not 180...You live in Sask?? lol
TBURGESS

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2019, 08:23:53 PM »

We know he was on the IR but w don't know what the issue was for him. We also don't know if he could have come off earlier or whether the rookies were playing well enough to NOT remove him from the 6 game IR.  He also played all 36 games in 2017 and 2018 so yes it is a " recent " situation and not a seasonal thing.

If you can come up with what the actual injury and situation was then there is more to discuss.

Obviously management wanted him back.
Yes, Captain Obvious, management wanted him back.

The fact is that Neuf was on the IR for 12 games. What the actual injury was isn't really pertinent. Your 'what if' scenario doesn't matter either, unless you actually know that he could have come back earlier. Even then, being ready but being kept out doesn't scream durable or much needed vet.  

FTR: Neuf was injured for more than half of each year in 2013, 2104, 2016 and 2019. 2017, 2018 are his only 18 game seasons in his 9 year career. He started 64% of the games (68/106) he played in.

Edit: This doesn't mean I don't think he was worth re-signing. He played very well at the end of the season. I do hope that we didn't 'overpay' him though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:26:59 PM by TBURGESS » Logged

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »

The fact is that Neuf was on the IR for 12 games. What the actual injury was isn't really pertinent. Your 'what if' scenario doesn't matter either, unless you actually know that he could have come back earlier. Even then, being ready but being kept out doesn't scream durable or much needed vet.  

FTR: Neuf was injured for more than half of each year in 2013, 2104, 2016 and 2019. 2017, 2018 are his only 18 game seasons in his 9 year career. He started 64% of the games (68/106) he played in.

Edit: This doesn't mean I don't think he was worth re-signing. He played very well at the end of the season. I do hope that we didn't 'overpay' him though.

Why he was on IT for 12 games is pertinent even if you don't think that was the case. He was on the 2nd 6 game IR. Taking him off after 3, 4 or 5 games would have had an impact to the SMS if we choose the " early " route.

Giving him the full time is never a bad thing if the replacements are playing well. SMS management is relevant. Giving rookies time to play in meaningful games is relevant.

It's been mentioned that Gray was not entirely healthy but on the AR. It was his 1st season as a Bomber. Couture missed time and ended up on the 1 game IR.

Whether management decides to start Neufeld at RG while Gray or Eli get more reps is TBD. He may be the starter at the beginning of the season or the 6 OL. Either way I'm good with that.

How much Neufeld is being paid we don't know. Walters doesn't generally overpay as far as we know. Especially this early in the buildup to free agency.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:49:14 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2019, 08:49:24 PM »

And out of a possible 162 games..not 180...You live in Sask?? lol

Your right he has only been in the league 9 years.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »

Walters is a smart guy. I'm sure he didn't overpay. Neufeld can also swing out to tackle in a pinch which also makes him valuable. You're right though, he's got an injury history.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »

Walters is a smart guy. I'm sure he didn't overpay. Neufeld can also swing out to tackle in a pinch which also makes him valuable. You're right though, he's got an injury history.
lets see if he can make it out of camp for once!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TBURGESS

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2019, 09:32:38 PM »

Why he was on IT for 12 games is pertinent even if you don't think that was the case. He was on the 2nd 6 game IR. Taking him off after 3, 4 or 5 games would have had an impact to the SMS if we choose the " early " route.

Giving him the full time is never a bad thing if the replacements are playing well. SMS management is relevant. Giving rookies time to play in meaningful games is relevant.

It's been mentioned that Gray was not entirely healthy but on the AR. It was his 1st season as a Bomber. Couture missed time and ended up on the 1 game IR.

Whether management decides to start Neufeld at RG while Gray or Eli get more reps is TBD. He may be the starter at the beginning of the season or the 6 OL. Either way I'm good with that.

How much Neufeld is being paid we don't know. Walters doesn't generally overpay as far as we know. Especially this early in the buildup to free agency.
He never came off of the 6 game IR. "Players added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. " - https://cfldb.ca/faq/rosters/#how-do-cfl-rosters-work Who were the other 2 players who were removed from the 6 game after 7 or more that made it a SMS problem to remove Neuf?

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »

He never came off of the 6 game IR. "Players added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. " - https://cfldb.ca/faq/rosters/#how-do-cfl-rosters-work Who were the other 2 players who were removed from the 6 game after 7 or more that made it a SMS problem to remove Neuf?

He was added back to the 6 game IR after the 1st round. He could be removed earlier than finishing the entire 2nd 6 games. However that would mean SMS for any early games. Whether being on the 2nd go around means the 1st 6 are exempt is not entirely clear. Either way there would have been SMS to be considered.

In any case teams use the " early removal " when it's prudent. We did take some players off early but whether they absorbed the SMS for those players or saved the early removal aspect.

We may have used none or both. You tell me.It's not like the team makes any more official announcement than they do telling us about injuries.

I get it. You're fixated on his injury history even though many other Bombers have missed more games in the last 3 seasons than Neufeld.

Read the Neufeld thread for other posters explanations. Not all games missed were due to injury.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:48:15 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2019, 10:41:51 PM »

Transactions:

2019-12-11   WPG   PETERS, Otha   LB   A   Louisiana At Lafayette   Add To   Active Roster
2019-12-11   WPG   NEUFELD, Patrick   OL   N   Saskatchewan   Add To   Active Roster

Peters was signed by the Bombers Dec 26 2018 and was released May 15 2019
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 10:45:56 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

kkc60

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

Transactions:

2019-12-11   WPG   PETERS, Otha   LB   A   Louisiana At Lafayette   Add To   Active Roster
2019-12-11   WPG   NEUFELD, Patrick   OL   N   Saskatchewan   Add To   Active Roster

Peters was signed by the Bombers Dec 26 2018 and was released May 15 2019
IIRC it was a failed physical that got him cut last time. BB must like him enough to bring him back
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2019, 11:04:15 PM »

IIRC it was a failed physical that got him cut last time. BB must like him enough to bring him back
really... cool

Good point!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: