Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 05:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 70693 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 06:30:34 AM »

I love Willie, but he's no Cam Wake.

If Willie goes down south, he'll have to stay awake every play until the whistle, in every game, not just in the playoffs!  Wink

But hey, if he turns it on for the cup like he did, I'm perfectly fine with him playing 30-50% in the regular season.  Worth every penny.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »

Thing is Willie is too small to be a DE in the NFL. It's LBer or nothing for him.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »

Thing is Willie is too small to be a DE in the NFL. It's LBer or nothing for him.
he dies have the body fir LBer in the NFL. He is a tweener

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Colton

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »

If Willie goes down south, he'll have to stay awake every play until the whistle, in every game, not just in the playoffs!  Wink

But hey, if he turns it on for the cup like he did, I'm perfectly fine with him playing 30-50% in the regular season.  Worth every penny.

30-50%?? He was the Defensive MOP
GCn19

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »

Wow...where to start.,,,Willie J was not 30-50% on a single play this season. That comment may be the most misinformed thing I've read on this forum. His effort level was beyond reproach. A player cannot win every match up every day. Some days they game plan you out of the mix and that opens things up for your team. As a DE sometimes you are asked to keep contain rather than pressure. There are many reasons why a DE may not have a stat for a game but I can GUARANTEE you that no MODP in this league has ever sat out 50-70% of the plays and won that award or kept his job for that matter. Just patently false assertion by fans who don't understand the game.

GCn19

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 03:09:47 PM »

he dies have the body fir LBer in the NFL. He is a tweener

Not a tweener at all. Lber size. Waaaayyy too light to play DE in the NFL.

GCn19

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »

30-50%?? He was the Defensive MOP

Ridiculous narrative.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 03:13:08 PM »

Not a tweener at all. Lber size. Waaaayyy too light to play DE in the NFL.
I disagree he is to lean for LBer. Dudes would run rough shot around this guy in the NFL.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2019, 03:19:51 PM »

Jefferson was a force, game in and game out.  He forced other teams to scheme against him, and yes, that managed to make him less visible for his own personal stats, but help bring in the W's.  Kongbo, Jeffcoat, even Nevis, Thomas and Richardson all got boosts from teams worrying about Jefferson.  

He is a force on the DL.  Does that transfer over to LB play?  Sure, he dropped into coverage and me made some amazing knockdowns and INT's... but will that translate to the NFL LB position?  Is he fast enough to cover?  Can his hips swivel quick enough to track a TE or RB?  Or does he become a running play LB?  

No doubt he can be a ST demon, and if that is all they want him for, and backup at LB, he might have a shot.  But having to get a vet salary, I'm thinking he needs to land a legit starting spot.  Wishing him the best (might actually get me to watch an NFL game here and there), but if he doesn't get a legit offer, I can see him back here on a long term deal... I don't see him bouncing around the NFL camps at this stage, and he seems to really enjoy what Winnipeg has to offer...on and off the field.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »

I disagree he is to lean for LBer. Dudes would run rough shot around this guy in the NFL.

I believe it is roughshod...  referring to the practice of leaving horseshoe nails projecting to provide extra traction. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 07:11:43 PM »

BOMBERS EXTEND PAT NEUFELD

WINNIPEG, MB., December 10, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with veteran offensive lineman Pat Neufeld on a one-year extension. Neufeld was scheduled to be a free agent in February.

Neufeld (6-6, 315, Saskatchewan, December 26, 1988 in Regina, Saskatchewan) will be entering his tenth CFL season in 2020, and is the second-longest serving Blue Bomber since being acquired in a trade with Saskatchewan in October of 2013.

Neufeld started the final six regular season games, both playoff games and the Grey Cup game in 2019, and has accumulated 106 games played throughout his career, including 68 starts.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/10/bombers-extend-pat-neufeld/

"I JUST WOULDN'T WANT TO PLAY ANYWHERE ELSE." - NEUFELD REMAINS IN BLUE & GOLD

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/10/just-wouldnt-want-play-anywhere-else-neufeld-remains-blue-gold/

Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 07:23:37 PM »

Well let's hope Pat can stay healthy. 68 starts in 10 years?? wow.
booch

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2019, 07:26:27 PM »

First few years he was most likely a back-up..hence no starts...not too common for a National Lineman to step right in in year 1 or year 2 and be full-time starters, but yes he did have an injury bug early on...**** happens..some guys get lucky and never get hurt...some don't...
TBURGESS

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »

Neuf was injured for the first 12 games this year too, so the injury bug is hardly a thing of the past.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »

Neuf was injured for the first 12 games this year too, so the injury bug is hardly a thing of the past.

We know he was on the IR but w don't know what the issue was for him. We also don't know if he could have come off earlier or whether the rookies were playing well enough to NOT remove him from the 6 game IR.  He also played all 36 games in 2017 and 2018 so yes it is a " recent " situation and not a seasonal thing.

If you can come up with what the actual injury and situation was then there is more to discuss.

Obviously management wanted him back.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: