Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 01:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: West vs East  (Read 524 times)
Jesse

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

I didn't see a crossover option in the new playoff format?  Grin Don't be too shocked when it gets adopted and rammed down the fan's throats for the 2020 season. 

There would be divisions outside of the top 2 teams, so no, I don't think we see a cross over this season.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »

There would be divisions outside of the top 2 teams, so no, I don't think we see a cross over this season.

The wild new playoff ideas sounded like just a "request for discussion" to me.  I saw no indication they were seriously moving ahead with those plans for 2020!  At least they better not be... at least on this forum the response has been between meh and blah down to no way!

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 07:03:23 PM »

The wild new playoff ideas sounded like just a "request for discussion" to me.  I saw no indication they were seriously moving ahead with those plans for 2020!  At least they better not be... at least on this forum the response has been between meh and blah down to no way!

The proposed system is 100% better that what we have currently. You might not like the fact that one team picks their opponent but everything else is far superior. On the whole, we're way better off under the new proposed format.
booch

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:20 PM »

The proposed system is 100% better that what we have currently. You might not like the fact that one team picks their opponent but everything else is far superior. On the whole, we're way better off under the new proposed format.
It is way better, and you are gonna get 2 eastern teams in pretty much every year anyway, all 5 teams in west can't be better than the second best team in east, and if it is possible which I doubt would be as rare as a Rider Grey Cup, the only difference is the 2nd east team may not be hosting...and oh well too bad so sad
Jesse

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 07:50:45 PM »

The second Ambrosie said it could be feasible to do this year, I fully expected it to happen.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »

Shouldn't all the East teams be whining and moaning and combating this, then?  In virtually every scenario this will hurt the East in some way or other.  They probably won't host a SF (lost $$).  The odds of a W vs W GC goes up substantially.  etc.

Has no one heard anything from the E?  If they aren't moaning, I bet this amounts to nothing for 2020.

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
Sec227

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 07:50:07 PM »

The second Ambrosie said it could be feasible to do this year, I fully expected it to happen.
Maybe he will elaborate more tonight when he's in town. And thoughts of tweaks once the fans got wind of it. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: