Blue Bombers Forum
April 12, 2021, 02:43:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers to host Grey Cup social Friday night at RBC Convention Centre  (Read 5345 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: November 26, 2019, 07:06:01 PM »

Blue Bombers to host Grey Cup social Friday night at RBC Convention Centre

On Saturday, fans can attend RBC Convention Centre to get picture with Grey Cup

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - November 26, 2019

WINNIPEG, MB - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will host a Grey Cup championship social Friday, November 29 from 7:30 p.m. to midnight at the RBC Convention Centre.

A live DJ and band will be playing throughout the night and fans will be able to meet players, alumni, and get their photo taken with the Grey Cup. Grey Cup Championship merchandise will also be available for sale at the social.

Tickets are $20 for season ticket members and $25 for general admission. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online, season ticket members must log into their account to unlock special pricing.

As well, the team will host a free family Grey Cup event Saturday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the RBC Convention Centre. Buzz and Boomer and the Grey Cup will be available for photos and food, drinks and Grey Cup merchandise will be available for purchase.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »

They are doing a social style Grey Cup fan party at the Convention Center. GOLD MEMBER has his tickets! Come have a beer with him!

Then I heard to they are having a family party thingy on Saturday during the day.

Mods can you please put the official stuff up at comes point.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 03:30:32 PM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will host a Grey Cup championship social on Friday, November 29 from 7:30 p.m. to midnight at the RBC Convention Centre.

A live DJ and band will be playing throughout the night and fans will be able to meet players, alumni, and get their photo taken with the Grey Cup. Grey Cup Championship merchandise will also be available for sale at the social.

Tickets are specially priced at $20 each for season ticket members. Use the link below and log in to your account to get your discounted tickets now

You are what happened when I wished upon a star  Kiss
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 04:14:06 PM »

Wondering is any Int players will be in attendance... they are off the clock now, and Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  I can't see the Bombers flying anyone back in, that counts to SMS...   have the Bombers got any confirmations of who will be in attendance? 

Alumni I can see in droves, DB, Vega, Bluto, Westy, the rest of the usual suspects, as well as player that live here like Nichols, Harris, Olivera, Demski...  and maybe even the coaches, many of them should still be around. 

I bet the #1 question people will ask, are there going to be the same number of shirts as guests, or will we be one short with #17 in attendance?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »

Wondering is any Int players will be in attendance... they are off the clock now, and Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  I can't see the Bombers flying anyone back in, that counts to SMS...   have the Bombers got any confirmations of who will be in attendance? 

Alumni I can see in droves, DB, Vega, Bluto, Westy, the rest of the usual suspects, as well as player that live here like Nichols, Harris, Olivera, Demski...  and maybe even the coaches, many of them should still be around. 

I bet the #1 question people will ask, are there going to be the same number of shirts as guests, or will we be one short with #17 in attendance?

Flights do not count to the SMS, however, the Bombers cannot pay them to attend. That being said there are a number of players who now live here in the offseason and many who are probably sticking around until Dec. 1 before leaving for home.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »

the team will host a free family Grey Cup event Saturday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the RBC Convention Centre. Buzz and Boomer and the Grey Cup will be available for photos and food, drinks and Grey Cup merchandise will be available for purchase

bleed bluengold

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will host a Grey Cup championship social on Friday, November 29 from 7:30 p.m. to midnight at the RBC Convention Centre.

Tickets are specially priced at $20 each for season ticket members. Use the link below and log in to your account to get your discounted tickets now

is it gonna be like a normal social with food and silent auction??
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 05:25:41 PM »

is it gonna be like a normal social with food and silent auction??

That?s what Wade said on the news yesterday, not certain about silent auction tho

bleed bluengold

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 06:04:23 PM »

That?s what Wade said on the news yesterday, not certain about silent auction tho

thx
Donny C

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 06:31:32 PM »

I bought my ticket (I can see it in my Bomber account) but I can't print it. When I purchased the ticket it said, "Mobile Entry"...what do I do with that?
Donny C

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »

Flights do not count to the SMS, however, the Bombers cannot pay them to attend. That being said there are a number of players who now live here in the offseason and many who are probably sticking around until Dec. 1 before leaving for home.

Which ones?
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 03:19:39 AM »

I bought my ticket (I can see it in my Bomber account) but I can't print it. When I purchased the ticket it said, "Mobile Entry"...what do I do with that?

Show your phone at the door with your bomber account open! Or you might be able to add it to your apple wallet

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 03:28:16 AM »

bring your phone and scan it in.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 03:29:08 AM »

Show your phone at the door with your bomber account open! Or you might be able to add it to your apple wallet
you can and it works easily shifting ticket to apple wallet.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 03:40:10 AM »

Will players and Alumi be back for Saturday as well. Better opportunity for signatures!

Donny C

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 05:47:49 PM »

The ticket doesn't have a bar code nor one of those scanning QR codes.
theaardvark

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 05:49:57 PM »

Midnight cheese / kube / pickles / mustard and rye bread?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Donny C

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »

Looks like I will probably be selling my ticket (if anyone is interested in a discount one).

Looks like the roads are going to be pretty poor form Winkler https://instantweather.ca/2019/11/28/zcFSMr-special-weather-statement-issued/?fbclid=IwAR1fiD9iXJWmy315R8brZzhIEDUmQj7ZXc2bzDJDhnpsetgWyjygsGaH_NQ
booch

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »

I know Strev is gonna be there hahahaha
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »

I know Strev is gonna be there hahahaha
how you know that?

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 10:03:26 PM »

Who is going?

Bombers9256

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 04:22:55 AM »

Nice to meet you tonight Goldmember. How was the rest of the social?

#fortheW
Pigskin

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2019, 06:28:37 AM »

It's Thanksgiving in the US. A lot of the US players have probably gone home to be with family.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 01:51:32 PM »

Well it was a hum dinger. Missed a couple of you because it was friggin busy but wow what a great party!

Off to get signatures today!

BigBomberFan

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »

Glad to hear you guys had fun! I'm not much of a socials guy, but I was there in spirit.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 06:32:53 PM »

Just got back from family day at the convention center. I just about got all I wanted. 4 Alumi signatures and 5 players including Hardrick (who just in the crowd and just I caught him), Strev, Biggie, Rush, and Miles. Just missed out OSH as his line was in lobby with no signage, HELLO! My parking was running out and that line was extremely slow. That sucked.

Props to Joe Pop and wife who saw me struggling with the parking meter with card card and Mrs Pop was so nice to give me $5 change to make darn thing work. Plus they were behind me in line and wanted to get heck in there.

The autograph area was disorganized. Looked like a poorly planned area!

Lots of stuff for the kids and the cup was there.

blue_or_die

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2019, 09:48:30 PM »

Got a photo with Strevy today at the family event! What a nice guy! Overheard him say he's staying in town til Wednesday.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2019, 09:52:16 PM »

Got a photo with Strevy today at the family event! What a nice guy! Overheard him say he's staying in town til Wednesday.
Maybe he signs his contract then leaves.
 He said he does not remember hugging GOLD MEMBER enroute to the speeches stage at the forks. lol. Not surprising considering.

blue girl

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2019, 12:17:56 AM »

I was at the Convention Centre today. I got a couple of nice t-shirts and after standing in line for an hour a picture with The Grey Cup. I was just going to take a picture of the cup but the nice ladies there were taking pictures with people's phones. I also got to meet Wade Miller and shake his hand. I saw O'Shea when I was leaving but I didn't feel like standing in line again. Overall a very nice day. Good job Bombers.
Jesse

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19:39 AM »

I was at the Convention Centre today. I got a couple of nice t-shirts and after standing in line for an hour a picture with The Grey Cup. I was just going to take a picture of the cup but the nice ladies there were taking pictures with people's phones. I also got to meet Wade Miller and shake his hand. I saw O'Shea when I was leaving but I didn't feel like standing in line again. Overall a very nice day. Good job Bombers.

Kyle Walters was walking around too. What a great experience.

I love everything right now.

My wife is amazing!
blue girl

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 12:36:37 AM »

Kyle Walters was walking around too. What a great experience.

I love everything right now.
I'm sorry that I didn't see Kyle Walters. I would haved loved to congratulate him and thank him for not giving up on getting Zach Collaros.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 01:24:01 AM »

I'm sorry that I didn't see Kyle Walters. I would haved loved to congratulate him and thank him for not giving up on getting Zach Collaros.
I saw him but I was tied up in one of those huge autograph lines. I would have liked getting his. As well.

Sec227

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 02:21:37 AM »

Just got back from family day at the convention center. I just about got all I wanted. 4 Alumi signatures and 5 players including Hardrick (who just in the crowd and just I caught him), Strev, Biggie, Rush, and Miles. Just missed out OSH as his line was in lobby with no signage, HELLO! My parking was running out and that line was extremely slow. That sucked.

Props to Joe Pop and wife who saw me struggling with the parking meter with card card and Mrs Pop was so nice to give me $5 change to make darn thing work. Plus they were behind me in line and wanted to get heck in there.

The autograph area was disorganized. Looked like a poorly planned area!

Lots of stuff for the kids and the cup was there.

All ok Buddy. This was the last grasp at $$$ Most of the players are south with there Turkey Day. Reminds me of that Marks football week a few years back, I so so wanted to love it. When I showed up with my kids, I felt it was totally unorganized and not really wanted. Wasn't that about the fans?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:46:47 AM by ModAdmin » Logged
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 03:09:45 AM »

IMO

these guys should be allowed to go home and be with family and enjoy what they have done.

The guys that want to stay n party should do that n have fun.

Its been along time and we all have our way of enjoying it.

Im super happy for the younger fans that have never see this.

Have fun and enjoy .....  its awesome

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pigskin

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »

It was a nice ending to a great month of football in Winnipeg.
blue girl

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »

I get that the players want to be home for Thanksgiving. The Bombers got a bad break because usually The Grey Cup is after the American Thanksgiving so there isn't the rush to get home. Thumbs up to the players that stayed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: