Blue Bombers Forum
April 12, 2021, 01:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, Bad and Ugly: WSF@CGY Nov 10th  (Read 2309 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: November 21, 2019, 07:55:05 AM »

WSF vs CGY: Belated due to outage... got to have my GB&U fix!  Surely everyone had favorite plays as well as some complaints?  This one is for the WSF vs CGY, I'll make a thread for the WF right after.

GOOD
  • Just. Beat. Calgary.  We did it!  Way to go Mafia & Lapo/Hall
  • 3Q6:40 Finally we pass to a wide open receiver like every other team seems to always do to us!
  • 3Q0:00 Strev runs into 2nd level and the 3 CGY defenders don't want to be the one to hit him!  Look at Roberson!  He's like, "someone else hit him!", and #16 is standing way back like "I'm not doing i!"
  • 4Q10:26 Boobirds coming out for BLM was music to my ears.  They probably were doomed at that point.  CGY fans so used to winning that when they get down by 11 they throw tantrums
  • 4Q9:49 Bighill steps up with a nice stunt with Jeffcoat and causes BLM to throw early for an INT; and 4Q6:42 a beautiful stunt with Kongbo allows Kongbo to do the same for another INT!!
  • 4Q Red fans abandoning BLM and the team with a great over-the-tunnel TSN cam view, hahaha
  • Whither Begelton?  Hand it to whatever DBs covered him, because he was invisible almost all night, and that's no easy feat!  Looks like it was Sayles most of the night?  Great job Sayles
  • Said it 2 weeks ago: Demski is shaping up to be a real potent weapon, perhaps one of the best dual-threat NAT; after he solved his fumbleitis in the off-season, he's worked on his shiftiness and speed!  That TD head-tilt run was marvelous, and his one-handed dump-pass grab for new downs on 2&10 was critical
  • Medlock: money
  • The player(s) of the game is not the QBs, the players of the game are the WPG DL and especially the DBs.  QBs capitalized, but the O didn't win it today. QBs were awesome and critical, just not as much as the D

BAD
  • 1Q12:39 CGY DE is offside, uncalled
  • 1Q1:33 Biggie is supposed to be better than that; #84 beats 4 guys just standing there and the MLB can't organize a tackle?  Why doesn't 1 of the 4 go outside? (But Biggie does save the day with a great tackle 1Q8:12)

UGLY
  • 1Q11:56 Weakest DPI in the world, I can't believe the refs let CGY continually get away with the dives and muggings
  • 1Q10:14 How is that not holding on Sayles on the edge?  And what are we paying Willie for again?  Why is he not diving for a tackle?
  • 3Q6:56 That's no yards refs, by about 2 yards
  • 3Q2:40 That's DPI on Adams.  It's hidden/lost in the commotion of the McCoil almost-pick, but right behind him Adams is bumped/impeded way early, and I'm pretty sure an "almost-int" a few feet in front doesn't negate DPI
  • 3Q2:13 Bad spot, as Demski reached out before his knee touched to take it to within .6 of a yard
  • 4Q9:22 Weakest holding call I've seen all year, SSK does way worse all game every game; Speller just spun him around, not really holding.  I timed it live and it was half a second total contact time, which the CFL hasn't called a hold all season
  • 4Q5:12 The huge Jackson run in garbage time is interesting: watch the birdseye view replay: our DT is getting held the exact same way the refs earlier called holding on!  Our guy actually gets a hand on Jackson right at the point of attack and he's being jersey-held from behind the whole time, and for at least 1.3s.  That's fair, refs!  Then watch who hustles as Jackson bounces off the hit.  After Hansen half-butts it and then gives up completely after giving Jackson a touch, watch Kongbo hustling past all the quitters and taking a smart angle in case he's needed.  Hand it to Maston, too.  Besides maybe Taylor and Jones, everyone else is just jogging or quitting.  MOS will let them know tomorrow...
  • What's with all the somber tones and sucking up to CGY by the TSN booth guys when things don't go CGY's way?  Suits after the final CGY ToD sound like somebody shot his dog.  It's a freakin' funeral in the booth. And he has the gall to start opining on how CGY "misses Eric Rogers", blah blah. Like WPG isn't still missing it's #1 QB and instead is playing with a starter that's been here 3 weeks while CGY gets never-loses BLM? They gush over Jorden's return when he was worse than no player at all. Where's the happiness for WPG's great performance?  Where's the neutrality?  After the game when the camera is following Collaros around: "congratulations on a great CGY season, a very very challenging CGY season": huh?  WPG didn't have a challenging season, or one as or more challenging than CGY?  At least Cuth was a bit more even-keeled.
  • I think BLM injured his throwing arm on the Jeffcoat/safety hit (look at how he lands): he was one-hopping it a whole ton after that.  And they took a knee to end the 1st half, why? Two passes and they're in FG range.  If true, why not put in Arbuckle?  BLM also was fixating on receivers and not seeing the field, as well as getting greedy and going for the mid plays when the under plays were much more open.  And nearly every ball was a duck, but he's been throwing ducks for completions all year
  • Jorden being in hurt CGY more than helped.  Would have been better to dress air in his place
  • Cuthbert: "Lots of time for an explosive CGY team!" (4Q6:42) right at the exact moment BLM throws another INT to pretty much seal the game. Ya, CGY was exploding all right, into millions of little bits.  Nice shot of Dickerson The Greater right after actually crying on the sidelines as his vaunted Bo and O swirl the toilet.  And the subsequent shot of all the fans leaving early was the most heartwarming thing I've seen in years
  • Dickerson The Greater threw BLM under the bus in his full-length post-game interview on the stamps website. Wataweenie!

MISC
  • Collaros had the football gods save him from, what, 3 picks?  Love what Collaros is doing for us, but you can't seriously tell me Nichols couldn't have played as well or better.  Collaros is great, and him and Nichols have slightly different strengths, but I think it works out to a wash in these games.  I think this team is built to succeed with any decent pocket passer who doesn't turn it over
  • 8:47 in the bb.com post-game Collaros interview he drops an S-bomb they didn't bleep, hehe. And then he does it again on Bob's postgame show after the WF!
  • Still showing us what kind of team we are Bo?

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »

Jeebus...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jesse

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 02:53:48 PM »

Jeebus...

lol, right?

My wife is amazing!
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »

Jeebus...

Lol

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pigskin

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »

lol
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »

Jeebus...
lol Amen. Tecno is a bit backed up!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »

Packed up or backed up?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 02:37:41 AM »

Had to get it out, boys, had to get it out.

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 02:45:26 AM »

Had to get it out, boys, had to get it out.

It was an impressive effort. Can't deny that.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 03:18:26 AM »

Easily a B+ or B-.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 03:34:47 AM »

It was an impressive effort. Can't deny that.

Its why im divorced. 

Every second of everything.

Cheesy

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: