Blue Bombers Forum
November 27, 2020, 12:44:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10702 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2019, 10:20:27 AM »

Vertical, as in their ability to leapeth offeth the ground.

oh...  that's something completely different, isn't it...  ummm... just disregard my other comment... thank you...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Stretch

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »

Wednesday? Practice Wednesday Thursday with a walk thru on Friday then travel on Saturday. I would have expected one additional practice this week.

Is it not practice Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, travel Saturday with walk through in Calgary?

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Blue In BC

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »

Is it not practice Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, travel Saturday with walk through in Calgary?

Probably not. Another reason for more than 2 practices aside from the walk thru is that we may have roster changes.  A few players like Gaitor, Fenner, Briggs, Streveler, Rempel may be coming off IR?

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »

I think for ZC8 it would have been nice to get a little extra work in this week.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2019, 03:36:22 AM »

How about the subject of hunger?  Hunger can be nearly as important as talent for winning important games.  I think our team is definitely hungrier to get to the GC.  CGY just got theirs so the only hunger there is to do it front of the home crowd.  But, really, how hungry does that make someone?  Not as hungry as AH33 is to right all the wrongs of this season.  Not as hungry as all the 2, 3 and 4 year vets on our team who have tried every year and failed.

Our team has the talent.  Our team has the hunger.  I think it's a more deadly combination that what CGY brings to the table.  Their last two games they looked a bit dejected.  While they definitely are going to turn it "on" come game day, I don't think they win the morale battle against WPG.

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 04:35:54 AM »

Busy sports day. Jets at 1 pm. TFC at 2:00. Bombers at 3:30. Raptor and Lakers at 6:30. Sprinkle in a little curling and NFL, could it get any better.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 06:09:48 AM »

How about the subject of hunger?  Hunger can be nearly as important as talent for winning important games.  I think our team is definitely hungrier to get to the GC.  CGY just got theirs so the only hunger there is to do it front of the home crowd.  But, really, how hungry does that make someone?  Not as hungry as AH33 is to right all the wrongs of this season.  Not as hungry as all the 2, 3 and 4 year vets on our team who have tried every year and failed.

Our team has the talent.  Our team has the hunger.  I think it's a more deadly combination that what CGY brings to the table.  Their last two games they looked a bit dejected.  While they definitely are going to turn it "on" come game day, I don't think they win the morale battle against WPG.

I dig what you're saying about the hunger to win....I KNOW AH has it and I'm sure that it rubs off on many of his teammates as well.   AH has been maligned by sports writers and broadcasters alike.....and I didn't dig both Henry Burris and our own Milt Stegall ragging on AH and Burris calling him a "cheater".    That reflects on the entire team because AH is one of the leaders of this team.    Those comments must stick in the collective Bomber craws so yeah I'm thinking they want some redemption.....which in turn feeds that hunger.    With Collaros playing as cool as a cucumber while leading this team hungry for a Grey Cup....it might just be the X factor in the whole scheme of things!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
catfan

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »

Well...I hope you guys beat them in their back yard so we don't have too.

Catfan
TecnoGenius

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2019, 08:12:20 AM »

I dig what you're saying about the hunger to win....I KNOW AH has it and I'm sure that it rubs off on many of his teammates as well.   AH has been maligned by sports writers and broadcasters alike.....and I didn't dig both Henry Burris and our own Milt Stegall ragging on AH and Burris calling him a "cheater".

Yes, TSN went a bit over the top again this past weekend.  All 3 were ripping on AH's eligibility for the awards.  Two separate times two separate guys said if you get suspended for 2 games you should be ineligible (and they didn't specify PEDs).  Guess they all forgot Simoni Lawrence!  Funny that.  Doh.

I think all Bombers that were on the team for the '18 WF are going to have a hunger greater than that of CGY's.  AH the most, of course.  But also Bryant, Yoshi, Adams, Demski, Woli, Strev, Jeffcoat, Nevis, Fatboi, Alexander, Sayles, and Gaitor.  Those guys already lost to CGY @ McMahon in the playoffs once, by a couple of plays in the 4th.  I don't think they'll sit back and let it happen again.

Jefferson has his own brand of hunger, maybe for fame and money, I don't care as long as he brings the hunger!

Collaros is the x-factor.  Does he bring a hunger after mostly sitting on a bench for 2+ years?  Is his heart still in it?  Good thing I think we can win with sub-perfect QB play.  After all, Nichols didn't get us a single TD in the last match, and we almost won.  If we just manage a bit more O than that dismal game, I think we can win it.

And I really don't see much hunger on the CGY side.  Not like they showed in '18 after getting robbed of their rings in '17.  Hunger isn't something you can just whip up or pretend to have.  It has to be genuine.  Dickerson The Greater said in an interview somewhere that he "never wanted a game as badly" as the '18 GC.  I believe him.  I don't think he wants it as badly this year: badly yes; as badly, no.

Catfan will appreciate this, as his cats are probably as hungry as WPG!  After years of playoff letdowns, and having their last GC stolen from Speedy B, they finally have another chance.  That makes them extremely dangerous when WPG meets them in the GC.  Grin Grin  That is when we'll find out who is the hungriest!

Never go full Rider!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2019, 12:56:50 PM »

Going to be a chilly one in Calgary (although the weather can change on a dome there)

TBURGESS

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

Fans love to make up scenarios that give their team an edge. Hunger is my current favourite. It's great cuz there's no way to measure it, no stats, just a term that doesn't mean much, but it's somehow our edge going into the playoffs.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_or_die

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »

Fans love to make up scenarios that give their team an edge. Hunger is my current favourite. It's great cuz there's no way to measure it, no stats, just a term that doesn't mean much, but it's somehow our edge going into the playoffs.

Don't act like it doesn't work both ways. If we are playing a team who just got their butts handed to them the previous week, we'd be worried that they will be angry and use that to up their game.

Sure they're subjective, but intangibles play a huge part. It's why we play the games.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TBURGESS

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2019, 03:21:31 PM »

Don't act like it doesn't work both ways. If we are playing a team who just got their butts handed to them the previous week, we'd be worried that they will be angry and use that to up their game.

Sure they're subjective, but intangibles play a huge part. It's why we play the games.
It's not about intangibles. It's about winning. That's why we play the games.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
gobombersgo

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2019, 05:06:53 PM »

@DarrinBauming
Chris Streveler appears able-bodied and involved at #Bombers practice today. Zach Collaros is running the 1s.

#Bombers starting centre Michael Couture is a non-participant today. It was nearly two weeks ago he left the game and did not return. Not a good sign. But the positive is Winnipeg's depth at OL.

blue_or_die

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2019, 05:18:15 PM »

It's not about intangibles. It's about winning. That's why we play the games.

And you win through a combination of skill, coaching, etc, etc. etc....and mental preparedness, for which I would file an immeasurable like determination...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: