Blue Bombers Forum
November 28, 2020, 06:05:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10743 times)
rubanski

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2019, 01:38:24 AM »

Not getting this especially when playing the best prepared team in the league?   I would also think Collaros might have benefited from a few more reps as well so I'm rather at a loss as to why Bomber management went down this road??   Any theories?

Everybody's bodies are beat up. Heavy week of prep in the film room and 2 practices. This week is a normal prep/practice week. This should be a big plus for us come Sunday.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2019, 01:41:20 AM »

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/04/head-head-edge-western-semi-final-3/

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
BigBomberFan

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2019, 01:45:01 AM »

Another thing that I forgot about: there's been at least a game or two per season that I can remember in the last 4 years or so where we were actually leading with a few minutes left, but BLM marched the Stamps down the field for a TD or into field goal range. There's been more than a few games where they just barely beat us.

If we win this game, I don't think that it will be by much......could come down to a field goal, or some small intangibles that add up during the course of the game. So we've really got to keep penalties to a minimum, same with turnovers, and special teams might be the difference, too.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2019, 01:49:55 AM »

Another thing that I forgot about: there's been at least a game or two per season that I can remember in the last 4 years or so where we were actually leading with a few minutes left, but BLM marched the Stamps down the field for a TD or into field goal range. There's been more than a few games where they just barely beat us.

If we win this game, I don't think that it will be by much......could come down to a field goal, or some small intangibles that add up during the course of the game. So we've really got to keep penalties to a minimum, same with turnovers, and special teams might be the difference, too.
agree

yup margin of victory will be small

weather will play a big part

game will be won in the trenches

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2019, 01:59:40 AM »

Not getting this especially when playing the best prepared team in the league?   I would also think Collaros might have benefited from a few more reps as well so I'm rather at a loss as to why Bomber management went down this road??   Any theories?

At this point in the season, every player is banged up.  Time is better spent prepping through film, rest and rehab than running through plays you've already run for 20 weeks.  The one exception would be Collaros and his timing with receivers, since they haven't worked together for very long. 
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2019, 02:21:10 AM »

At this point in the season, every player is banged up.  Time is better spent prepping through film, rest and rehab than running through plays you've already run for 20 weeks.  The one exception would be Collaros and his timing with receivers, since they haven't worked together for very long. 

This is something I've always wondered about, I'm sure there isn't a rule that forbids a QB and receiver from playing "catch" in between meetings on their own time.  It makes total sense that Collaros would want to familiarize himself as much as possible with the speed, vertical and particular moves of each receiver to better his chances of achieving success, especially in this situation were his second game happens to be a sudden death play-off game.
Pigskin

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2019, 03:12:23 AM »

Hold on I will get you a shovel.
blue girl

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2019, 03:57:27 AM »

I don't know if practicing at this time of year really makes a difference, especially since we've just played the same opponent twice. If they were adding any new plays they would do it during a closed practice which is only one day anyway.
feeling the blues

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2019, 04:03:38 AM »

I think the bombers are going to beat Calgary.  Maybe just wishful thinking, but that my feeling.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2019, 04:50:12 AM »

Ok, you're all sick of it... One job this year: find a way to beat CGY.

It was always going to come down to this, and I choose to believe (and see evidence) that The Canadian Mafia has spent all the off-season and in-season working on that singular goal.  That's the whole reason for Willie being here.  That was the reason for CM and the bids for D.Walker, etc.

I choose to believe MOS has tasked Lapo & Hall this entire year to find all the chinks in the CGY armor.  I think they've spent a little time every single week coming up with inventive ways to beat them.  And by "inventive", I don't mean just trick plays.

If The Mafia did their job, we will beat CGY.  We concentrated on beating CGY, but CGY didn't concentrate on beating WPG.  CGY is concentrating on beating HAM.  (No one is concentrating on beating SSK.)

But no one should discount CGY's ability, competence or brains!  No one should think CGY will play like they did against BC, because they won't.  CGY will play as well as they did in the '18 WDF.  It'll be up to us to frustrate that play to reduce their scoring.  That's what we spent the last 300 days working on.

The two keys are obvious to anyone who watched the '18 WDF:

1. Get more pressure, and consistently.  This can mean as little as disrupting BLM's timing and making him uncomfortable.  That's why we got Willie.
2. Get more scoring, especially in the air.  We didn't get a single TD last go round.  That's why we got CM, but that was a bust.  Lawler and Bailey look like they can step up.

What we should not concentrate on is: Double/Triple coverage: pointless.  If it's there, bonus.  There's literally no reason to sacrifice pressure for coverage.  BLM will eat you alive every time.  Also, all of CGY's receivers are equally nearly capable (except Peck, who will sit), so concentrating on The Begel, and Rogers doesn't really help.  I expect to see a lot more tight man coverage, but I want a lot of Hall Smoke & Mirrors for some creative pre-snap hidden zones when we think we have a shot at a pick.

Needless to say: all Bombers need to lay it on the line like there's no tomorrow.  Because there is no tomorrow.  This is our GC game, essentially.  If we beat CGY I think we skate into the GC no problemo.  Worry about HAM later.  Just getting to the GC will be a major victory, and preserve everyone's job.

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2019, 04:51:52 AM »

This is something I've always wondered about, I'm sure there isn't a rule that forbids a QB and receiver from playing "catch" in between meetings on their own time.  It makes total sense that Collaros would want to familiarize himself as much as possible with the speed, vertical and particular moves of each receiver to better his chances of achieving success, especially in this situation were his second game happens to be a sudden death play-off game.

vertical?  you think we're going to go to a vertical game? lol...

18 or 19 of Collaros' completions last game were either a guy sitting in a hole or come backs by the receivers... it's Lapo... expect more of the same...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
dd

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2019, 06:25:55 AM »

True enough, that?s all he has in his playbook
TecnoGenius

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2019, 06:32:03 AM »

Wouldn't it be funny if Lapo & his QBs come out gun slinging in this game?!  I would give it a try to start off as you can always fall back on the run/shortpass-heavy Lapo scheme if it doesn't work.  In any event, I guarantee you this game will not look like the '18 WF.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2019, 06:49:12 AM »

Needless to say, when the plays come to us, we have to make them.  That missed Strev->AH sure-thing TD from the '18 WF still haunts me.  Those plays must be made.  The near-misses and dropsies and non-layouts and non-ladderclimbs we've been doing the last 6 weeks need to be rectified in 95%+ of the cases.  Everyone needs to be picture perfect.  Let CGY make all the mistakes.

And our vets need to step up with their experience and serenity, having been in previous playoffs.  We need to make sure guys like Lawler and Bailey and Lucky and Grant aren't getting too jumpy.  As such, I expect Adams and Demski and Woli to play a prominent role.

Woli especially needs to up his game if he doesn't want to turn into another Kohlert or Watson NAT who mostly disappear come playoffs.  Woli hasn't had the greatest of years, to put it lightly.  We all think he's capable of more.

Never go full Rider!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2019, 08:03:21 AM »

vertical?  you think we're going to go to a vertical game? lol...

18 or 19 of Collaros' completions last game were either a guy sitting in a hole or come backs by the receivers... it's Lapo... expect more of the same...

Vertical, as in their ability to leapeth offeth the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: