Blue Bombers Forum
November 28, 2020, 06:38:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10746 times)
Jesse

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »

It's not about intangibles. It's about winning. That's why we play the games.

Are you intentionally missing the point?

Obviously it's about winning. It's the how and why we win that people start talking about intangibles.

I also don't believe in this hunger garbage that techno is spewing, but to say there aren't intangibles that affect the game is ridiculous.

My wife is amazing!
TBURGESS

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »

Are you intentionally missing the point?

Obviously it's about winning. It's the how and why we win that people start talking about intangibles.

I also don't believe in this hunger garbage that techno is spewing, but to say there aren't intangibles that affect the game is ridiculous.
What I said was intangibles aren't why we play the game because b_or_d said 'intangibles play a huge part. It's why we play the games'

Both teams want to win. Both teams are determined. Both teams are hungry. Both teams have a combination of skill, coaching, mental preparedness etc.

Winning comes down to which team plays better on the specific day, which team gets the breaks, and which team takes advantage of the other teams mistakes.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_or_die

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »

What I said was intangibles aren't why we play the game because b_or_d said 'intangibles play a huge part. It's why we play the games'

Both teams want to win. Both teams are determined. Both teams are hungry. Both teams have a combination of skill, coaching, mental preparedness etc.

Winning comes down to which team plays better on the specific day, which team gets the breaks, and which team takes advantage of the other teams mistakes.

Omg.

Both teams are never equal in all those things you listed. All those things you listed are intangibles. Intangibles have an effect on the outcome. One of the outcomes of a game is winning.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2019, 07:11:09 PM »

Omg.

Both teams are never equal in all those things you listed. All those things you listed are intangibles. Intangibles have an effect on the outcome. One of the outcomes of a game is winning.

And even if they are equal, they are still intangibles. You can't measure any of those in a quantifiable way, yet they can and do have an effect on the outcome of a game.

Amazing mental gymnastics by the resident contrarian... Amazing. What else is new, though.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
TBURGESS

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2019, 07:16:32 PM »

Omg.

Fans like to believe that their team is hungrier or want it more or are better prepared. Truth is both teams are hungry, both teams want it and both teams are prepared the best they can be. Mostly these things are equal.

Coaching and skill aren't intangibles.

Jesse

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2019, 07:17:58 PM »

Omg.

Like our melt down in Toronto.

In the second half of that game, Toronto could smell the upset and they were simply overwhelming us. Toronto is not a better team than anyone, but they had something else going for them in the late stages of that game.

My wife is amazing!
Jesse

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2019, 07:18:33 PM »

Fans like to believe that their team is hungrier or want it more or are better prepared. Truth is both teams are hungry, both teams want it and both teams are prepared the best they can be. Mostly these things are equal.

No one said they were. You're simply being obtuse on this issue.

My wife is amazing!
GCn19

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »

In most games played there is a team that wants it more than the other. That doesn't mean they will win, but it helps. To suggest that both teams are equal in both hunger or preparedness is nonsense. Almost never is this the case. On the odd occasion it is the case, skill usually wins out.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2019, 07:24:06 PM »

Fans love to make up scenarios that give their team an edge. Hunger is my current favourite. It's great cuz there's no way to measure it, no stats, just a term that doesn't mean much, but it's somehow our edge going into the playoffs.

It's possible it could be an edge. We have to want it more than they do on the field and demonstrate it but it's not something you should discount. I mean your time playing flag football should have taught you that.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »

It's possible it could be an edge. We have to want it more than they do on the field and demonstrate it but it's not something you should discount. I mean your time playing flag football should have taught you that.
You're confusing possible with probable. I guess your time playing flag football didn't teach you anything.

Blue In BC

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »

You've been burned.

https://giphy.com/gifs/fiyQQLci4d1w6Njojo
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:59:03 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2019, 10:25:49 PM »

So...anything from practice today?

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Pigskin

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2019, 11:28:56 PM »

Sounds like about -16 with light snow, wind around 12 kmph at game time.
bomb squad

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2019, 11:48:51 PM »

Is Rogers a go for sure?
Blue In BC

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2019, 02:20:00 PM »

The Bomber win against the Stamps was as decisive a win as I would have hoped for. 116 yards passing for BLM? WOW. What else can we say about the performance of the team.

Defense was ferocious and key to our victory.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: