Blue Bombers Forum
November 28, 2020, 07:47:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10752 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2019, 08:42:04 PM »

I think we win regardless of who starts at QB... this one lands at the feet of the defense and whether or not they can get the job done...

but, if it were me, I would have been working this last week and this one building a dual QB game plan that will keep Calgary off balanced and confused as to what we are going to do... oh, and that page in the play book, the one that has Harris up the middle on first down? tear it out and throw it away...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pigskin

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »

I agree the dual QB system would be tough on Calgary's D.
rubanski

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »

Place bet no.  I picked cgy this week.

No reason to personally attack me here.  I call it like I see it.  I see us having a chance.  You are entitled to be negative about our chances and its if I remain positive.  Calgary will be our biggest challenge, we can beat them through.

Yup, ridiculous

I agree, no need to badger poor or PJ about it. I would say though, as a the guy who is the most obnoxiously optimistic (I say it lightheartedly) about the Bombers - over any other forum regular - people's brain's just have a hard time understanding why you "Mr Keep the Faith" won't pick the BB to win.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »

I agree, no need to badger poor or PJ about it. I would say though, as a the guy who is the most obnoxiously optimistic (I say it lightheartedly) about the Bombers - over any other forum regular - people's brain's just have a hard time understanding why you "Mr Keep the Faith" won't pick the BB to win.

I agree, I find it oddly funny that he is picking Calgary as well... and as a side note to PJ, who I have no issue with at all, it does make the balance of your posts harder to 'swallow' by picking Calgary... it tells everyone that you too don't believe what you post about the Bombers... no disrespect intended either, just giving you some insight as to how it 'plays' when reading it...

Pigskin

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »

The bomber slapped PJ in the face the last time they played Calgary as he had no faith that we could win at home. The bombers will do it again on Sunday. Go Bombers.
Blue In BC

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »

We don't start practicing until Wednesday. However I have heard that he was out of the walking boot.

Wednesday? Practice Wednesday Thursday with a walk thru on Friday then travel on Saturday. I would have expected one additional practice this week.

No more excuses.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 09:29:42 PM »

oh, and that page in the play book, the one that has Harris up the middle on first down? tear it out and throw it away...

Problem is, it's not a page, it's a chapter. Tongue
66 Chevelle

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »

Problem is, it's not a page, it's a chapter. Tongue

I'm to the point that we should just start every series with 2nd and 8.... save time...

Pigskin

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 09:33:10 PM »

That's what the Mod. has posted for this week.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 11:16:28 PM »

Wednesday? Practice Wednesday Thursday with a walk thru on Friday then travel on Saturday. I would have expected one additional practice this week.

Yah I don't get it. two days of prep. after 10 days off doesn't seem nearly enough.
rubanski

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2019, 01:16:53 AM »

Yah I don't get it. two days of prep. after 10 days off doesn't seem nearly enough.

I bloody well hope the coaches stuck around and prepped the whole time. That'll make a big difference. The coach's already knew success means beating Calgary and SK in their own barns. They get a game planning head start on both if they used the week wisely.

Also, fingers crossed for a windy blizzard in CGY.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:23:40 AM by rubanski » Logged
Knocker42

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2019, 01:25:12 AM »

On the call-in show tonight, Mike O'Shea said quite emphatically that all the coaches have been at work during the entire two weeks. He also said he did not give the players much time off and that they have put in a lot of preparatory work.  Seems that, although the practice schedule as posted looks a bit thin, a lot more has been going on.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2019, 01:28:50 AM »

I actually really like our chances against Calgary. This is why:

1) we won the season series against them for the first time since 2002
2) victory is fresh in our minds against them, and they were playing frustrated football against us in the last game; forcing things to happen and as a result, errors (drops, interceptions, etc) were more plentiful.
3) see above; the competitive spirit right now and the hatred/ trash talking is in full swing right now. Take advantage of it.
4) they're fairly injured and banged up right now
5) no real RB running threat. When they had Cornish or Messam, they had a more balanced attack, but right now, they're almost completely reliant on the passing game
6) Bo's overconfidence will likely cost him this time around
7) you can't always go to the GC every year
8 ) Collaros will want to win this one so that he can put extra effort into beating the Riders
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2019, 01:34:12 AM »

Always hoping for victory, always cheering for an upset.  Pickems are a contest that rewards those that pick the winning club, I pick my teams based on who will most likely win.
I agree, I find it oddly funny that he is picking Calgary as well... and as a side note to PJ, who I have no issue with at all, it does make the balance of your posts harder to 'swallow' by picking Calgary... it tells everyone that you too don't believe what you post about the Bombers... no disrespect intended either, just giving you some insight as to how it 'plays' when reading it...
I pick to win the pickems.  That's why I have participate in it, to win.
The bomber slapped PJ in the face the last time they played Calgary as he had no faith that we could win at home. The bombers will do it again on Sunday. Go Bombers.
Who picked the Bombers to win every week early on to help earn me the top spot?  

Calgary has a slight advantage due to their QB and the fact that they are at home.  If we had Nichols I would have picked Bombers.  If we were at home I would have picked Bombers.  I have stuck my neck out countless times over the last 2 or 3 years supporting this club through thick and thin.  Sometimes I beat the drum a little hard but many times it turns out my faith in the team was warranted and it paid off.  Turns out that my faith in our coaches, management and players wasn't as far off any many have suggested.  Not always right but not as wrong as many have pointed out.  Now I pick against the Bombers a few weeks and people get on me likely crazy in the true web / Bomber forum mod mentality that this place is classic for.  

I suggest that everyone remembers that the pickems is a separate thread / game we all play to win.  It's not directly correlated to how one supports their team.  I would appreciate if in the future people found a way to not use the pickems as a way to attack other members simply on their choice of who they think win a ball game.  Thank you.

Big thanks to those that defend me, bigger one to those that are will to cooperate on what I have suggested above.

- LETS GO BOMBERS -
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:38:23 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2019, 01:36:18 AM »

Not getting this especially when playing the best prepared team in the league?   I would also think Collaros might have benefited from a few more reps as well so I'm rather at a loss as to why Bomber management went down this road??   Any theories?

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: