Blue Bombers Forum
November 28, 2020, 07:04:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10751 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2019, 08:54:25 PM »

Agree on the D side of the ball, but not on the O side.

If we rush for nearly 200 yards again then we're going to win the game. In the WDF we were shut down pretty well.

Need a better balanced attack than last week which was part of my point.

Harris on offense and Jefferson on defense need to have big games on Sunday.

No more excuses.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2019, 11:14:47 PM »

If we rush for nearly 200 yards again then we're going to win the game. In the WDF we were shut down pretty well.

Need a better balanced attack than last week which was part of my point.

Harris on offense and Jefferson on defense need to have big games on Sunday.

Im not so sure about that now.

Having Zac now kinda throws a bit of a wrench into what teams see of us. IMO

Will we go to the run game?  Will we go to more or a passing game? Will Strev come in to just run?

We know what we will see pretty much...  they have no idea. In all the years Lapo has been around id bet hes got a pretty good size play book he can put in.

Confuse Evens is the key.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
TecnoGenius

« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2019, 09:02:49 AM »

Hunger is nonsense, eh Tecno-bashers?  The hunger was palpable by WPG in both games.  You could feel it.  We also had the stronger morale, even when we were down/even.  In fact, we beat both teams in most intangibles.  The only intangible I would say we ever lost is when we lost the momentum in the 3rd/4th in SSK.  But, lucky for us, no one told our D!  D had hunger.

If you still want to fight about hunger, how about look at it from an individual player perspective: For example, compare the hunger of AH33 to CGY's Jackson.  Can you seriously argue that Jackson had the same hunger as AH?  You think Jackson really really wanted a GC visit as much as AH does deep down into his core?  Laughable.

How about Bighill vs non-entity Greenwood?  Bighill was possessed in both games.  He was critical in the SSK game.  Bighill has the hunger.  Greenwood, meh, just running around looking lost.  And you can't say Greenwood just isn't good, because everyone has been singing his praises (even here) all year as the next Singleton.

How about our DBs' hunger compared to SSK's?  Did you see our locked-in DBs in that final 3 minutes.  You see that unwavering laser focus?  You see that never-give-up mindset when any sane D would have folded because it looked impossible?

Sure, I think some players on CGY/SSK may have had more hunger than their respective counterparts on WPG, but they are in the minority.  (I may grant that Cody had more hunger than Collaros, for example.)  As a whole, we had more guys that wanted it more.

If you still don't believe me, then maybe I'm just not explaining it right, or my nomenclature is wrong.  But there's an intangible that I call hunger, and it's real.  And if that's so, and if WPG has more of it than HAM (which I believe) then we have a good chance to win it all.  If for some reason HAM has more hunger, I guarantee you we lose.

Oh ya, if you don't believe in "hunger", go argue with Bob & Doug because they talk about it in nearly every close or really hard-fought game.  "Came down to who wanted it more."  You can't say Doug doesn't know what he's talking about there...

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »

Im not so sure about that now.

Having Zac now kinda throws a bit of a wrench into what teams see of us. IMO

Will we go to the run game?  Will we go to more or a passing game? Will Strev come in to just run?

We know what we will see pretty much...  they have no idea. In all the years Lapo has been around id bet hes got a pretty good size play book he can put in.

Confuse Evens is the key.

If you can't show the ability to run well then defenses crowd the LOS and that impacts the passing game.

You don't have to run 50% of the time but you have to be able to have success when you do run.

Some of the " run " could also be short passes to Harris in the flat as well. That forces the defenses to cover the entire field.

You don't always want to pass on 2nd and 4 for example.

A. Harris has always been 30%+ of our offense and he needs to be a major part of the game plan. He's an unstoppable force.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: