Blue Bombers Forum
November 28, 2020, 06:34:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10744 times)
Blitzer

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2019, 03:49:08 PM »

The Bomber win against the Stamps was as decisive a win as I would have hoped for. 116 yards passing for BLM? WOW. What else can we say about the performance of the team.

Defense was ferocious and key to our victory.

The defense made Calgary look like an ordinary team. Calgary was shut out at home in the second half in the playoffs!! Since there's no Sask thread: Sask scored no touchdowns at home in their biggest game of the year! That is amazing. Go Bombers.
Point of attack

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2019, 04:02:35 PM »

Well...I hope you guys beat them in their back yard so we don't have too.

Catfan

Looks like you got your wish catfan.
But you know what they say...
Blue72

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2019, 04:03:16 PM »

Would like to see Harris and Augustine in the back field when Streveler comes in, this way we have the option of either Streveler, Harris, Demski, Augustine or just pass. Streveler up the middle doesn't work and teams are set for it, same as Harris.
Blue In BC

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »

The defense made Calgary look like an ordinary team. Calgary was shut out at home in the second half in the playoffs!! Since there's no Sask thread: Sask scored no touchdowns at home in their biggest game of the year! That is amazing. Go Bombers.

Yes but the Riders still managed 350 yards passing and hurt themselves often as well. Considering how well we played against the Stamps that was alarming.

The defense did make some outstanding plays but that was a game that could have gone either way several times.

Evans is not as likely to run as Fajardo and that will help our DL get pressure from different looks.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 04:36:10 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »

Obviously the Cats are favourites however there is always the X factor and why we play the game.   As I said in the two previous wins over both the Stamps and Riders, I like our chances!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Blitzer

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2019, 04:39:38 PM »

Yes it could have gone either way. Maybe the better team won though. I needed tranquilizers after the game but eventually my nerves settled down.
Blitzer

« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »

Evans is not as likely to run as Fajardo and that will help our DL get pressure from different looks.

Good point. The defense might be able to do to Hamilton what they did to Calgary. BLM looked rushed in the game.

blue_or_die

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »

Yes but the Riders still managed 350 yards passing and hurt themselves often as well. Considering how well we played against the Stamps that was alarming.

The defense did make some outstanding plays but that was a game that could have gone either way several times.

"Alarming" might be too strong a word, lol.

We beat a tough team playing at home. I would have liked a more dominant performance that I believe we were capable of as well but how we won that game has nothing to do with how we will approach Hammy.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
lenny

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2019, 05:36:49 PM »

Re the Riders game. The big passing yardage against is par for course with a Richie Hall D. After all they were 4rth worst in that category for the season (as it turns out the Ti-Cats are 5th). It all comes down to the Red Zone D though for Hall's D. In the Sask game they were outstanding.
Blue In BC

« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2019, 05:44:49 PM »

"Alarming" might be too strong a word, lol.

We beat a tough team playing at home. I would have liked a more dominant performance that I believe we were capable of as well but how we won that game has nothing to do with how we will approach Hammy.

I'd still call it alarming and the more typical R. Hall defense I'm used to seeing. We can't reply on 2 goal line stands and the last pass of the game hitting the crossbar.

While the WSF was a dominant performance the WDF was not. Yes the defense made some excellent plays that can be attributed to securing the victory but the game was in doubt in the 4th Q.

Evans is NOT a rookie. 2019 was his 2nd full season. He is less experienced than Fajardo but his overall stats are quite similar. Both have 72%+ season completion averages.

We need to pressure and force mistakes.

Hello Willie Jefferson. It's your game to shine.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »

Re the Riders game. The big passing yardage against is par for course with a Richie Hall D. After all they were 4rth worst in that category for the season (as it turns out the Ti-Cats are 5th). It all comes down to the Red Zone D though for Hall's D. In the Sask game they were outstanding.

I'd say that's a bit of exaggeration. Riders putting in Bennett on 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line and messing up the play call to take a sack? Not exactly something we can credit to R. Hall.

Ditto for last pass hitting crossbar.

Even the int by Rose. Great read by him but you have to wonder if the oblique injury impacted the under throw. Perhaps it was pressure from DL but there were quite a few passes that were suspect.

Giving up 350 yards passing is never a good thing in a close game.

No more excuses.
lenny

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2019, 06:14:29 PM »

I'd say that's a bit of exaggeration. Riders putting in Bennett on 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line and messing up the play call to take a sack? Not exactly something we can credit to R. Hall.

Ditto for last pass hitting crossbar.

Even the int by Rose. Great read by him but you have to wonder if the oblique injury impacted the under throw. Perhaps it was pressure from DL but there were quite a few passes that were suspect.

Giving up 350 yards passing is never a good thing in a close game.

I don't think there's much argument with what you're saying. But  a combination of luck and front-line D was very important. The short-yardage stoppage on Fajardo as an example and turnover on downs is a reflection of how the Bombers have been against the run all-season - #1 D. The passing yardage allowed has always been a concern on R. Hall's D and for a purportedly injured Fajardo is more concerning. Evans can easily duplicate that. The last time he played the Streveler led offence he ripped apart the secondary in the first half for huge passing yardage and they coasted to a win. So I don't think anyone should be under any illusions about the passing D with this team. Which all the more highlights the necessity of a pressure D on Evans.
Blue In BC

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »

I don't think there's much argument with what you're saying. But  a combination of luck and front-line D was very important. The short-yardage stoppage on Fajardo as an example and turnover on downs is a reflection of how the Bombers have been against the run all-season - #1 D. The passing yardage allowed has always been a concern on R. Hall's D and for a purportedly injured Fajardo is more concerning. Evans can easily duplicate that. The last time he played the Streveler led offence he ripped apart the secondary in the first half for huge passing yardage and they coasted to a win. So I don't think anyone should be under any illusions about the passing D with this team. Which all the more highlights the necessity of a pressure D on Evans.

The secondary has changed so much since we last played Hamilton. Alexander at safety. Maston at SAM and Taylor at DHB.

If we get pressure from the DL as we did against BLM it helps our secondary. Evans and BLM are not as elusive as Fajardo in running or buying time to throw IMO. In that sense they are similar. Pressure and collapsing the pocket and they will make mistakes.

Essentially we need a repeat of the WSF kind of game strategy.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2019, 06:58:10 PM »

The secondary has changed so much since we last played Hamilton. Alexander at safety. Maston at SAM and Taylor at DHB.

If we get pressure from the DL as we did against BLM it helps our secondary. Evans and BLM are not as elusive as Fajardo in running or buying time to throw IMO. In that sense they are similar. Pressure and collapsing the pocket and they will make mistakes.

Agree on the D side of the ball, but not on the O side.
lenny

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2019, 07:17:04 PM »

Since that game (16th week) the passing yds have been for the remainder of the season 300 yds, 266, 337 yds, 350 yds (4 TDs by BLM in the Stamps loss last game of the season). Of course BLM was shut down badly in the semis but in better weather and a wounded Fajardo he still managed 366 yds passing. I think personnel changes have had some effect in the back end but for me the main problem remains RH's defensive planning in-game and ability to adapt. What has remained a constant virtually all-season is their run-game defence. Alexander got no INTS at safety and he was part of the BLM drubbing (337 yds 3 TD).  October 18th. I like Maston a lot mainly because he played for my favourite NCAA team Boise State. He wasn't a big turnover guy with Boise St. in his 25 games getting only 1 INT but he was a good tackler. With the Eskies 2 seasons 2 INTS in 19 games. He's played good down the stretch. Taylor. Not a stand out but he did get that one pick six this season and him and Maston ganged up with picks in the semis against BLM.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:26:03 PM by lenny » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: