Blue Bombers Forum
November 27, 2020, 12:54:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 10703 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« on: November 03, 2019, 01:45:31 PM »

Well we finally know where we go and who we play. Stampeders can be beaten. They looked average with lots of self inflicted wounds against the hapless and Reilly-less Lions.

We need to beat these guys a move on. Stamps need to be put in their place. Not nearly as good as past years.

Please continue and Go Bombers Go!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:47:19 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 01:56:48 PM »

Well we finally know where we go and who we play. Stampeders can be beaten. They looked average with lots of self inflicted wounds against the hapless and Reilly-less Lions.

We need to beat these guys a move on. Stamps need to be put in their place. Not nearly as good as past years.

Please continue and Go Bombers Go!

Looking forward to seeing the game in person. It is snowing today in Calgary and the long range forecast is for about 1C and snow over the next weekend. However here in Calgary you never know what to expect. By next weekend we could be +15 or -20 it could be snowing or raining things change daily. I would expect a good crowd no matter what the weather.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 02:28:30 PM »

And our record IN Calgary over the last how many years is what?

I?m going to be realistic and expect to lose, but hope to win for this. BLM has been here before and has that intangible that he just WINS!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 02:42:10 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the game in person. It is snowing today in Calgary and the long range forecast is for about 1C and snow over the next weekend. However here in Calgary you never know what to expect. By next weekend we could be +15 or -20 it could be snowing or raining things change daily. I would expect a good crowd no matter what the weather.
good make sure you wear your Bomber blue.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
3rdand1.5

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 02:56:05 PM »

Hopefully its a blizzard, and gale force winds. I want everything to work against BLM, he is just too good for us to keep in check without the weather helping IMO.
Ridermania

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 02:57:24 PM »

I'm cheering for the Bombers and can't wait until the West Final game in Regina!
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 03:10:54 PM »

We're due to get over the Stamp speed bump on route to the Grey Cup. We win WSF by 10 points.

No more excuses.
BBRT

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 03:12:57 PM »

good make sure you wear your Bomber blue.

Yeapers ! time to take out my Bomber Parka vs. Bomber Jacket. My Bomber Parka goes back to approx 1984! I put it up in plastic every year after getting it dry cleaned. Take it out in November late or early December! Note that I still have my Dieter Brock Jersey that is stored and never ever worn.
Blue In BC

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 03:38:03 PM »

Yeapers ! time to take out my Bomber Parka vs. Bomber Jacket. My Bomber Parka goes back to approx 1984! I put it up in plastic every year after getting it dry cleaned. Take it out in November late or early December! Note that I still have my Dieter Brock Jersey that is stored and never ever worn.

I have a game worn 1982 Brock home jersey that I got for Xmas that year.

No more excuses.
Doublezero

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »

Grey Cup bound!

Just gimme the rock.
BBRT

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »

I have a game worn 1982 Brock home jersey that I got for Xmas that year.

My Dieter Brock Jersey is more important to me than my Tux. Unfortunately my Brock Jersey is a large and I sort of am a little over a large size these days. According to my better half of 48 years I am WAY OVER a large these days.! Smiley
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 05:19:42 PM »

My Dieter Brock Jersey is more important to me than my Tux. Unfortunately my Brock Jersey is a large and I sort of am a little over a large size these days. According to my better half of 48 years I am WAY OVER a large these days.! Smiley

I remember a friend on my touch league team offered me $300 for mine in 1990. I still have the jersey. Team association over money every day.

Interestingly it's a large and I'm only 180 lbs. It's very very tight. I have no idea how he'd have gotten shoulder pads under this jersey. It's not like he was a smallish QB.

No more excuses.
BBRT

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 05:52:57 PM »

I remember a friend on my touch league team offered me $300 for mine in 1990. I still have the jersey. Team association over money every day.

Interestingly it's a large and I'm only 180 lbs. It's very very tight. I have no idea how he'd have gotten shoulder pads under this jersey. It's not like he was a smallish QB.

Yeah when I played at SMU (2nd and 3rd string at best) LB I was 205 and stayed that way until later on and at that time the Jersey was very tight (as in very very tight) fit. However thanks to my wife's great Winnipeg Cooking I can say I am no longer a slim 205! Too many Perogies and Cabbage Rolls over the 48 years! Smiley
66 Chevelle

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 06:08:20 PM »

And our record IN Calgary over the last how many years is what?

I?m going to be realistic and expect to lose, but hope to win for this. BLM has been here before and has that intangible that he just WINS!

since 2011:

played: 20 times
overall record: 4-16
@ Calgary: 2-8
@ Winnipeg: 2-8
Decided in Last 3:00: 12 times
Decided by 0-4 Pts:  7 times
Average points:  Calgary 29.8  -  Winnipeg 21.1
Single game high pts:  Calgary  44  -  Winnipeg  34
Largest lead:  Calgary  +44  -  Winninpeg  +23

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 06:32:41 PM »

Well it's a known fact clothes shrink quite a lot when stored for long periods of time between uses!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: