Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 02:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Team Nominees for Player Awards  (Read 2859 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »

It's not a rule, cuz no one else has to follow it. It's a one time vote.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 05:35:00 PM »

Personally I believe the format for selecting team player awards is flawed and secondly the league needs to create a hard and fast rule around eligibility.    Imho, the vote should be made up of 3 components with equal weight....namely management, the players and the fans.   The selection should be balanced equally amongst the 3 parties.    As for the CFL creating rules around eligibility it should be decided between the league and the players association.    This format provides ownership to the selection process as well as the rules of engagement.   

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
lenny

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »

Personally I believe the format for selecting team player awards is flawed and secondly the league needs to create a hard and fast rule around eligibility.    Imho, the vote should be made up of 3 components with equal weight....namely management, the players and the fans.   The selection should be balanced equally amongst the 3 parties.    As for the CFL creating rules around eligibility it should be decided between the league and the players association.    This format provides ownership to the selection process as well as the rules of engagement.   

Wisdom speaketh. Yes but I'd suggest heavily skewed to the fans in the voting % so that the press can either own their decisions (and management)  as being contrary to the fans or in agreement but we wouldn't have to hear their virtue signalling garbage after their decision unless they were a decisive vote. 

And to be sure the PA/CFL/Owners should resolve this issue and as quickly as possible because what will be the next step - denying a player like Harris a place in the Hall of Fame because of one positive test and minimum suspension? Better lay the criteria down for that as well because there will be members on that selection committee who think like the three stooges here.
blue girl

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

Jeff Hamilton wrote in his explanation in yeaterdays Free Press that he's the president of the FRC and will be working with the CFL and CFLPA to have a rule that prohibits players who test positive for PEDs  not being eligible for post season awards.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »

Friesen the rational one. Go figure.

isn't that the truth, lol... most things I've seen from him come off as him being a few sandwiches short of a picnic...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
RebusRankin

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2019, 12:17:06 AM »

Jeff Hamilton wrote in his explanation in yeaterdays Free Press that he's the president of the FRC and will be working with the CFL and CFLPA to have a rule that prohibits players who test positive for PEDs  not being eligible for post season awards.

Nice of him to grandstand to get attention. His work certainly isn't garnering him any notice.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2019, 01:00:06 AM »

Take your agenda and shove it you tool. Hamilton not you blue girl, lol.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:29:51 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2019, 01:14:04 AM »

If these reporters want to do something useful why don't they ask what is random about a system where one player gets tested more than others?
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2019, 01:33:06 AM »

Wisdom speaketh. Yes but I'd suggest heavily skewed to the fans in the voting % so that the press can either own their decisions (and management)  as being contrary to the fans or in agreement but we wouldn't have to hear their virtue signalling garbage after their decision unless they were a decisive vote. 

And to be sure the PA/CFL/Owners should resolve this issue and as quickly as possible because what will be the next step - denying a player like Harris a place in the Hall of Fame because of one positive test and minimum suspension? Better lay the criteria down for that as well because there will be members on that selection committee who think like the three stooges here.
Thank you so much and I could not agree with you more!!

1chad

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2019, 01:38:29 AM »

He's had over 3 years to bring this up and get it on the books - since 2016 when Brandon Banks was suspended for banned substance and was still nominated as the Eastern Conference's candidate for Special teams player honours.  
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2019, 01:39:22 AM »

If these reporters want to do something useful why don't they ask what is random about a system where one player gets tested more than others?
well said....

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2019, 01:54:31 AM »

He's had over 3 years to bring this up and get it on the books - since 2016 when Brandon Banks was suspended for banned substance and was still nominated as the Eastern Conference's candidate for Special teams player honours.  
this is the part that burns me.....

TecnoGenius

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2019, 06:11:34 AM »

Go see my post with the probability math from the week he announced his suspension.  What happened is unlikely, but certain possible.

Maybe the system should be tweaked so that every player will be randomly (i.e. random time) tested once, with an additional test for say 100 players that is completely random (time and player).

It's mathematically fine AH is tested 3 times in 1 season, but a bit annoying when the guy next to him gets tested 0 times in 5 years.  Make everyone get tested once, and then the chance of being tested twice or three times goes down commensurately.

Never go full Rider!
Blue72

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »

Is there anything in the players contract or in the CFL that says players have to talk to the media, this would be the time to walk away from these guys. Let the media talk to the coaches and players walk past these guys. Maybe if they have nothing to take back to there jobs , their bosses might have a talk to them.
Tiger

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »

X2

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: