Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 02:01:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Team Nominees for Player Awards  (Read 2857 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 05:49:53 AM »

Tecno....if you read my later posts you will see that I agree with Blue Girl....my first reaction was based on me thinking it was only the Bomber management that made the selections.....I just flew off the handle!   Then I read further and realized it was MOS and a bunch of sports writers that selected the nominees.....which to me makes no sense.    The selection, imho, should be made by the team management and the players.....then you'd get a true representation.    The fact that MOS only gets one vote makes zero sense to me and both players selected for MOP and MOC both disagreed with the selections..... and you can bet the entire team feels the same way!!   And I resent the way TSN's Naylor framed his commentary by implying the "Bombers got it right" by not selecting AH.....so in effect he's blackballing him.   Fact is none of the Bombers would have made that selection.   

So yeah, this will definitely galvanize and motivate the team to win it ALL.   Buckle up sports fans because we are in for a ride!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:51:53 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GCn19

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 11:13:14 AM »

Blue girl and those with similar sentiments are right.  This will only fire up AH and the guys.  There is no way this causes disharmony.  Miller's statement is the proof of that.

All of this just makes us stronger.  Can you imagine AH lighting it up in WSF, WF and GC!?!!  That's the only way he can prove all of the peanut gallery wrong.  Remember, he's being PED tested on a tight, regular schedule now.  He has proof his performance post-positive has nothing to do with PEDs.

My question is: what about next year?  Based on what the pundit clowns wrote in their columns, it seems they are setting AH up as "damned for life".  Are they going to pull the same stunt in 2020?  Next are they going to start writing that he should be banned from the HoF?

Someone should release all the dates in his CFL career that AH was tested and came up negative.  Every single negative test guarantees that he was not using PEDs on or weeks before that date.  How can you taint his entire career like they are trying to do when there's documented proof he wasn't doped up all the time like they are implying?

Dorks.

There was an earlier drug sample from this season which showed he wasn't doping, and the test he failed only produced trace amounts. That means he either had a tainted supplement or had quit using weeks before and as we know he was tested weeks before. The media got this wrong because they simply don't know jack about steroid use.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 02:24:29 PM »

There was an earlier drug sample from this season which showed he wasn't doping, and the test he failed only produced trace amounts. That means he either had a tainted supplement or had quit using weeks before and as we know he was tested weeks before. The media got this wrong because they simply don't know jack about steroid use.
Well the media including Naylor and Bauming seem to be blackballing Harris whereas guys like Simon Lawrence with two suspensions are placed on a pedestal!?   I have lost a lot of respect for both of them!!

Point of attack

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »

The visceral reaction of the fan base would suggest that a new All Canadian award voted on by the team and the fans possibly in Andrew Harris? name is in order here.
 The timing would be perfect in his record breaking season for a social media campaign to right this wrong in a fashion deserving of a player who embodies everything that is ?All Canadian ?.
GCn19

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

Andrew it's time to truck some people in the playoffs and leave absolutely no doubt as to who the top NAT/player in this league is. I would not like to be the LBing corps of our opponent in the WSF.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »

Andrew it's time to truck some people in the playoffs and leave absolutely no doubt as to who the top NAT/player in this league is. I would not like to be the LBing corps of our opponent in the WSF.

He's had a chip on his shoulder all season, even before the suspension. I think this will only temper his resolve and make him even more fired up to carry this team into the playoffs.

Colour me excited.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »

He's had a chip on his shoulder all season, even before the suspension. I think this will only temper his resolve and make him even more fired up to carry this team into the playoffs.

Colour me excited.
Revenge is a dish best served cold....like the champagne Andrew Harris drinks from the Grey Cup.   I'm sure there is NOTHING he would rather do as a pro athlete raised in Winnipeg than to hoist the Cup in front of his hometown fans!

In Motion

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 04:41:26 PM »

I'm usually the one who says, "Where there's smoke there's fire", but I actually believe Harris
didn't knowingly take a banned substance. (Bob Irving has said the same.) As someone pointed out:
"Someone should release all the dates in his CFL career that AH was tested and came up negative.  Every single negative test guarantees that he was not using PEDs on or weeks before that date.  How can you taint his entire career like they are trying to do when there's documented proof he wasn't doped up all the time like they are implying?"
blue girl

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 08:56:20 PM »

I'd like to know how much is a trace amount. And yes everytime TSN  gushes about how great Simoni Lawrence is I want to gag. But I guess you can take all the cheap shots you want just don't have any PEDs in your system.
Bombers9256

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 01:24:31 AM »

Why do people think Wyman, Bauming, and Hamilton votes against Harris? Personally, I can?t help but think that they did it not for their concern for league integrity, but so as not to look like homers in the eyes of the national sports media. Image management and nothing else. I am disappointed in them. They could have made a real statement. I also wonder if Ambrosie reached out to them.

#fortheW
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 02:27:54 AM »

Why do people think Wyman, Bauming, and Hamilton votes against Harris? Personally, I can?t help but think that they did it not for their concern for league integrity, but so as not to look like homers in the eyes of the national sports media. Image management and nothing else. I am disappointed in them. They could have made a real statement. I also wonder if Ambrosie reached out to them.
As usual it might have boiled down to politics.....

RicoBeBlue

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2019, 05:46:19 AM »

I was going through the SUN app this eve and notice Paul Friesen posted a late article. It's near impossible to link the SUN app so I did some interweb searching and found the Montreal Gazzette picked it up. It's a great piece of work. I'll post the link and a snippet...

FRIESEN: Blue Bombers' Harris would get my vote.
(Leaving Harris off the ballot is akin to implementing a rule that doesn?t exist.)

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/friesen-blue-bombers-harris-would-get-my-vote/wcm/76353e8a-6b6b-460b-985d-8f4c608693dd

Great read that really nails it.

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2019, 12:29:04 PM »

Friesen the rational one. Go figure.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »

I was going through the SUN app this eve and notice Paul Friesen posted a late article. It's near impossible to link the SUN app so I did some interweb searching and found the Montreal Gazzette picked it up. It's a great piece of work. I'll post the link and a snippet...

(Leaving Harris off the ballot is akin to implementing a rule that doesn?t exist.)

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/friesen-blue-bombers-harris-would-get-my-vote/wcm/76353e8a-6b6b-460b-985d-8f4c608693dd

Actually balanced and well written and I'd have to agree with him about Bauming and company blowing it.   

1chad

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »

He makes great points.  It comes down to the league, if they wanted to make players who were suspended ineligible, they would have done so after Brandon Banks was suspended and then nominated for an award at the end of the year in 2016.  The league didn't, so Harris is not only eligible but based on his stats, worthy of the nomination.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: