Blue Bombers Forum
May 30, 2020, 11:50:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Team Nominees for Player Awards  (Read 2915 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »

Harris snub is ridiculous. CFL has had to of came down. Cannot believe it was the club that did it.

It ok he will use it as fuel come playoff time just no fumbles as a result.

Still love ya man. YOU DA MAN!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »

Harris snub is ridiculous. CFL has had to of came down. Cannot believe it was the club that did it.

It ok he will use it as fuel come playoff time just no fumbles as a result.

Still love ya man. YOU DA MAN!

I totally agree.

If you look at it from a fan's perspective (below) and as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

Fan votes/poll

MOC - SB Nick Demski, 121.- OL  Michael Couture, 153. - RB Andrew Harris, 1453.

MOP - DB Winston Rose, 67. - DE Willie Jefferson, 337. - RB Andrew Harris, 1323.

He IS the man !! So say we all !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:14:23 AM by RicoBeBlue » Logged

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 11:07:11 PM »

I total agree.

If you look at it from a fan's perspective and as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

Fan votes
MOC - SB Nick Demski, 121.- OL  Michael Couture, 153. - RB Andrew Harris, 1453.

MOP - DB Winston Rose, 67. - DE Willie Jefferson, 337. - RB Andrew Harris, 1323.

He IS the man !! So say we all !
I agree in the end the fans opinion is the one that matters. I read both papers and Hamilton and Wyman don't even go to every game.
RebusRankin

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »

The CFL doesn't have a rule saying that Harris is not eligible. Somebody should ask these assclowns why they get to make the rules? Club should ban all three from IG Field and "covering" the team.
Tiger

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 12:28:54 AM »

Wow

Perhaps more of a reflection on others than Harris.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
66 Chevelle

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 12:32:17 AM »

The CFL doesn't have a rule saying that Harris is not eligible. Somebody should ask these assclowns why they get to make the rules? Club should ban all three from IG Field and "covering" the team.

because someone empowered them with a vote with no strings attached...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 01:21:54 AM »

I don't agree whatsoever.....as does Mike Miller.   This decision will cause disharmony within the team at a time when they need to all be pulling equally on their oars!   If the Bomber management actually believes that it doesn't "look good" for league optics by selecting a suspended player for drug violations for these awards, then why the hell are they OK with allowing him to continue carrying the bulk of their offence since he was suspended?   Complete und utter hypocrisy is what that is and I'm ashamed of the whole organization for doing this!   Paint it any way you like, but by allowing him to play and NOT nominating him as the obvious team choice for MOP or MOC is gutless IMHO!   If you truly believe this you would cut him loose because his drug suspension casts a negative light on the entire organization.   Jeeeeezus!!!!!!

For me this was the last straw regarding the stupidity of this organization....and it deserved its own thread!   

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »

I don't agree whatsoever.....as does Mike Miller.   This decision will cause disharmony within the team at a time when they need to all be pulling equally on their oars!   If the Bomber management actually believes that it doesn't "look good" for league optics by selecting a suspended player for drug violations for these awards, then why the hell are they OK with allowing him to continue carrying the bulk of their offence since he was suspended?   Complete und utter hypocrisy is what that is and I'm ashamed of the whole organization for doing this!   Paint it any way you like, but by allowing him to play and NOT nominating him as the obvious team choice for MOP or MOC is gutless IMHO!   If you truly believe this you would cut him loose because his drug suspension casts a negative light on the entire organization.   Jeeeeezus!!!!!!

For me this was the last straw regarding the stupidity of this organization....and it deserved its own thread!   

We have two threads already on this topic so it was merged. 

The voting for the award:

MOS: Harris
Irving: Harris
Bauming: Miller
Hamilton: Miller
Wyman: Miller

Not on the team..
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 02:01:10 AM »

Not on the team..
Bauming is an idiot. I am surprised of him in particular. Piss off!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 02:19:01 AM »

This isn't on the team it's on Bauming, Hamilton and Wyman who decided that since the league doesn't have a policy on players suspended for PED violations they would make one themselves. The only one on the team who has a vote is O'Shea and he stated on his show Monday that he voted for Andrew Harris. As for the team IMO it will unite them even more and I expect Harris to take it out on our next opponent.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 02:30:53 AM »

Not on the team..
no worries....glad to hear it wasn't on Bomber management....howeve how can these 3 idiots be in charge of something as important as player awards?   That's what I don't get.....maybe we need a new thread on how the selections are made because this is a total load of shite!

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 02:36:50 AM »

This isn't on the team it's on Bauming, Hamilton and Wyman who decided that since the league doesn't have a policy on players suspended for PED violations they would make one themselves. The only one on the team who has a vote is O'Shea and he stated on his show Monday that he voted for Andrew Harris. As for the team IMO it will unite them even more and I expect Harris to take it out on our next opponent.
Well if it was management and it should be along with the players....then yes it changes the perspective from the players POV.   Not sure Bauming will be welcome in the Bomber dressing room from this point on.....

dd

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 02:51:36 AM »

Don?t for a second not think this whole thing won?t galvanize the entire team and make them play all the stronger to prove a point as it will. No doubt the players and coaches feel for harris and as much as it won?t be talked about everyone of them will have a chip in their shoulder and dying to right a wrong.

The Bombers just became the most dangerous team in the playoffs.!Thank you sports writers!!!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 03:01:18 AM »

Don?t for a second not think this whole thing won?t galvanize the entire team and make them play all the stronger to prove a point as it will. No doubt the players and coaches feel for harris and as much as it won?t be talked about everyone of them will have a chip in their shoulder and dying to right a wrong.

The Bombers just became the most dangerous team in the playoffs.!Thank you sports writers!!!
sometimes from the depths of hopelessness and despair shines a small but bright light that can turn into a beacon of hope!   Let's believe that this will as you say, galvanize the team into a Grey Cup winning machine!! 
Hell yeah!!!

Apologies for my somewhat premature and belligerent rants....however when I saw the headlines about Harris I just lost it!!!

I'm sure a Grey Cup will be the complete focus of this team from this point forward.   There likely isn't a player or human being alive that wants to hoist the Cup more than Andrew Harris!!

TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 03:18:12 AM »

I don't agree whatsoever.....as does Mike Miller.   This decision will cause disharmony within the team at a time when they need to all be pulling equally on their oars!

As for the team IMO it will unite them even more and I expect Harris to take it out on our next opponent.

Blue girl and those with similar sentiments are right.  This will only fire up AH and the guys.  There is no way this causes disharmony.  Miller's statement is the proof of that.

All of this just makes us stronger.  Can you imagine AH lighting it up in WSF, WF and GC!?!!  That's the only way he can prove all of the peanut gallery wrong.  Remember, he's being PED tested on a tight, regular schedule now.  He has proof his performance post-positive has nothing to do with PEDs.

My question is: what about next year?  Based on what the pundit clowns wrote in their columns, it seems they are setting AH up as "damned for life".  Are they going to pull the same stunt in 2020?  Next are they going to start writing that he should be banned from the HoF?

Someone should release all the dates in his CFL career that AH was tested and came up negative.  Every single negative test guarantees that he was not using PEDs on or weeks before that date.  How can you taint his entire career like they are trying to do when there's documented proof he wasn't doped up all the time like they are implying?

Dorks.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: