Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 01:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Team Nominees for Player Awards  (Read 2856 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: October 30, 2019, 04:02:52 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Team Nominees for Player Awards

WINNIPEG, MB., October 30, 2019 - The Canadian Football League today announced the team nominees for the 2019 Most Outstanding Player Awards, voted by members of the local chapter of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) and the league's head coaches.

Bombers defensive end Willie Jefferson has been named the team's Most Outstanding Player and was a unanimous selection as the Most Outstanding Defensive Player.

Jefferson's first season as a member of the Bombers was superb as he set a new CFL record for pass knockdowns by a defensive lineman with 16, which also leads the league heading into the final weekend of the regular season. Jefferson also had a team-best 12 sacks, six forced fumbles (also a league best), along with 24 tackles, one interception and two fumble recoveries. Jefferson was also a double nominee last year as a member of the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Bombers fullback Mike Miller was a unanimous choice as the team's Most Outstanding Special Teams Player and was also named the Most Outstanding Canadian Player.

Miller is currently tied with teammate Kerfalla Exum? for second in the CFL with 25 special teams tackles and has moved into second place on the league?s all-time list in that category. Miller added six catches for 63 yards and one carry for 10 yards this season.

The veteran fullback issued the following statement in regard to his selection as the Bombers Most Outstanding Canadian:

"It is my honour to be named the Most Outstanding Special Teams Player for the Bombers, but I feel I must speak out in support of Andrew Harris as our team's Most Outstanding Canadian. Andrew is one of the true leaders on our team and one of the best players in the history of the Canadian Football League, and it is a shame he is not being recognized after such a sensational season. I will accept the Canadian nomination on Andrew's behalf, but do so reluctantly and while completely disagreeing with his omission."

Stanley Bryant was the unanimous choice as the Bombers' Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman, the third straight season he has been so honoured and fourth time since he signed with the club in 2015.

Bryant helped anchor an offensive line that opened holes for Harris and the league's highest-ranked rushing attack. Bryant has not missed a single game in his five years in blue and gold and is the CFL's reigning Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman after wins in both 2017 and 2018. No CFL player in the history of the award (dating back to 1974) has won the award in three successive seasons.

Receiver Kenny Lawler was named the Bombers Most Outstanding Rookie after a season in which he led the Bombers with 637 receiving yards on 43 catches, four of them for touchdowns.

The West and East Division winners will be announced next week following another round of voting, with the CFL's Most Outstanding Player Awards announced during Grey Cup week in Calgary.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GCn19

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 04:05:05 PM »

An absolute travesty that Harris was not selected. Time to take awards voting out of the hands of the know nothing media. JUST GARBAGE!!! Shame on you CFL media...shame on you.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 04:06:09 PM »

Yeah, that sucks.
rubanski

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »

Good on Miller for talking about it and sharing those words as well.
Sec223

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 04:11:46 PM »

I just wish the other Mr. Miller was as classy Smiley
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »

An absolute travesty that Harris was not selected. Time to take awards voting out of the hands of the know nothing media. JUST GARBAGE!!! Shame on you CFL media...shame on you.

Yeah, it's beyond sickening to see him get snubbed like that and pretty much nobody bats an eye.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Cool Spot

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »

Yeah, it's beyond sickening to see him get snubbed like that and pretty much nobody bats an eye.

I suspect that his 2-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs effectively ruled him out as a nominee this year.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »

What troubles me is the assumption he tried to get away with something, got caught and now we will make sure he pays the price.  This when Harris knows he is going to get tested, has undergone multiple tests even this year and is caught with only a trace in his system.

No benefit of the doubt. Little or no room to accept his explanation.  We are going to make sure he pays the price by not giving him a chance to win the MOP in 2019.

I kind of expected he would get some of that flack nationally but did not expect it from local media.  Of course people like Wyman will believe they are taking the high road.  Sad situation.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 07:52:17 PM »

I suspect that his 2-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs effectively ruled him out as a nominee this year.

Thanks. I had no idea.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 08:10:57 PM »

This gives us more reason to WIN THE GREY CUP !!

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
dd

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 08:14:43 PM »

I can see both sides. No doubt Harris is the most outstanding canadian in the game today, no question, but he did get tagged for PED this year, so what?s the league to do, turn a blind eye?? The whole thing is unfortunate. It?s crazy that a douche like Samoni Lawrence can appeal a suspension he rightfully deserved if not more, yet harris can?t appeal a decision such as this to try and clear his name or is the cfl saying  there is no right to appeal and you don?t get the opportunity to clear your name, end of story. Crazy, mixed up world
TBURGESS

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 08:17:31 PM »

I can see both sides. No doubt Harris is the most outstanding canadian in the game today, no question, but he did get tagged for PED this year, so what?s the league to do, turn a blind eye?? The whole thing is unfortunate. It?s crazy that a douche like Samoni Lawrence can appeal a suspension he rightfully deserved if not more, yet harris can?t appeal a decision such as this to try and clear his name or is the cfl saying  there is no right to appeal and you don?t get the opportunity to clear your name, end of story. Crazy, mixed up world
He did have a right to appeal and he did appeal. That's why they tested the second sample and it came back postive too.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
dd

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 08:20:10 PM »

No, I knew he appealed the test results, I meant he had the right to appeal him being disqualified from the nomination process
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 08:20:55 PM »

No, I knew he appealed the test results, I meant he had the right to appeal him being disqualified from the nomination process

He wasn't disqualified. Three sports journalists got together and decided to vote for someone else.
blue girl

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 08:50:53 PM »

He wasn't disqualified. Three sports journalists got together and decided to vote for someone else.
I would like to know if these 3 journalists would have voted for Simoni Lawrence and Vernon Adams Jr. who also got suspensions but also their teams nominations.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »

Harris snub is ridiculous. CFL has had to of came down. Cannot believe it was the club that did it.

It ok he will use it as fuel come playoff time just no fumbles as a result.

Still love ya man. YOU DA MAN!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »

Harris snub is ridiculous. CFL has had to of came down. Cannot believe it was the club that did it.

It ok he will use it as fuel come playoff time just no fumbles as a result.

Still love ya man. YOU DA MAN!

I totally agree.

If you look at it from a fan's perspective (below) and as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

Fan votes/poll

MOC - SB Nick Demski, 121.- OL  Michael Couture, 153. - RB Andrew Harris, 1453.

MOP - DB Winston Rose, 67. - DE Willie Jefferson, 337. - RB Andrew Harris, 1323.

He IS the man !! So say we all !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:14:23 AM by RicoBeBlue » Logged

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 11:07:11 PM »

I total agree.

If you look at it from a fan's perspective and as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

Fan votes
MOC - SB Nick Demski, 121.- OL  Michael Couture, 153. - RB Andrew Harris, 1453.

MOP - DB Winston Rose, 67. - DE Willie Jefferson, 337. - RB Andrew Harris, 1323.

He IS the man !! So say we all !
I agree in the end the fans opinion is the one that matters. I read both papers and Hamilton and Wyman don't even go to every game.
RebusRankin

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »

The CFL doesn't have a rule saying that Harris is not eligible. Somebody should ask these assclowns why they get to make the rules? Club should ban all three from IG Field and "covering" the team.
Tiger

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 12:28:54 AM »

Wow

Perhaps more of a reflection on others than Harris.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
66 Chevelle

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 12:32:17 AM »

The CFL doesn't have a rule saying that Harris is not eligible. Somebody should ask these assclowns why they get to make the rules? Club should ban all three from IG Field and "covering" the team.

because someone empowered them with a vote with no strings attached...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 01:21:54 AM »

I don't agree whatsoever.....as does Mike Miller.   This decision will cause disharmony within the team at a time when they need to all be pulling equally on their oars!   If the Bomber management actually believes that it doesn't "look good" for league optics by selecting a suspended player for drug violations for these awards, then why the hell are they OK with allowing him to continue carrying the bulk of their offence since he was suspended?   Complete und utter hypocrisy is what that is and I'm ashamed of the whole organization for doing this!   Paint it any way you like, but by allowing him to play and NOT nominating him as the obvious team choice for MOP or MOC is gutless IMHO!   If you truly believe this you would cut him loose because his drug suspension casts a negative light on the entire organization.   Jeeeeezus!!!!!!

For me this was the last straw regarding the stupidity of this organization....and it deserved its own thread!   

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »

I don't agree whatsoever.....as does Mike Miller.   This decision will cause disharmony within the team at a time when they need to all be pulling equally on their oars!   If the Bomber management actually believes that it doesn't "look good" for league optics by selecting a suspended player for drug violations for these awards, then why the hell are they OK with allowing him to continue carrying the bulk of their offence since he was suspended?   Complete und utter hypocrisy is what that is and I'm ashamed of the whole organization for doing this!   Paint it any way you like, but by allowing him to play and NOT nominating him as the obvious team choice for MOP or MOC is gutless IMHO!   If you truly believe this you would cut him loose because his drug suspension casts a negative light on the entire organization.   Jeeeeezus!!!!!!

For me this was the last straw regarding the stupidity of this organization....and it deserved its own thread!   

We have two threads already on this topic so it was merged. 

The voting for the award:

MOS: Harris
Irving: Harris
Bauming: Miller
Hamilton: Miller
Wyman: Miller

Not on the team..
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 02:01:10 AM »

Not on the team..
Bauming is an idiot. I am surprised of him in particular. Piss off!

blue girl

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 02:19:01 AM »

This isn't on the team it's on Bauming, Hamilton and Wyman who decided that since the league doesn't have a policy on players suspended for PED violations they would make one themselves. The only one on the team who has a vote is O'Shea and he stated on his show Monday that he voted for Andrew Harris. As for the team IMO it will unite them even more and I expect Harris to take it out on our next opponent.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 02:30:53 AM »

Not on the team..
no worries....glad to hear it wasn't on Bomber management....howeve how can these 3 idiots be in charge of something as important as player awards?   That's what I don't get.....maybe we need a new thread on how the selections are made because this is a total load of shite!

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 02:36:50 AM »

This isn't on the team it's on Bauming, Hamilton and Wyman who decided that since the league doesn't have a policy on players suspended for PED violations they would make one themselves. The only one on the team who has a vote is O'Shea and he stated on his show Monday that he voted for Andrew Harris. As for the team IMO it will unite them even more and I expect Harris to take it out on our next opponent.
Well if it was management and it should be along with the players....then yes it changes the perspective from the players POV.   Not sure Bauming will be welcome in the Bomber dressing room from this point on.....

dd

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 02:51:36 AM »

Don?t for a second not think this whole thing won?t galvanize the entire team and make them play all the stronger to prove a point as it will. No doubt the players and coaches feel for harris and as much as it won?t be talked about everyone of them will have a chip in their shoulder and dying to right a wrong.

The Bombers just became the most dangerous team in the playoffs.!Thank you sports writers!!!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 03:01:18 AM »

Don?t for a second not think this whole thing won?t galvanize the entire team and make them play all the stronger to prove a point as it will. No doubt the players and coaches feel for harris and as much as it won?t be talked about everyone of them will have a chip in their shoulder and dying to right a wrong.

The Bombers just became the most dangerous team in the playoffs.!Thank you sports writers!!!
sometimes from the depths of hopelessness and despair shines a small but bright light that can turn into a beacon of hope!   Let's believe that this will as you say, galvanize the team into a Grey Cup winning machine!! 
Hell yeah!!!

Apologies for my somewhat premature and belligerent rants....however when I saw the headlines about Harris I just lost it!!!

I'm sure a Grey Cup will be the complete focus of this team from this point forward.   There likely isn't a player or human being alive that wants to hoist the Cup more than Andrew Harris!!

TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 03:18:12 AM »

I don't agree whatsoever.....as does Mike Miller.   This decision will cause disharmony within the team at a time when they need to all be pulling equally on their oars!

As for the team IMO it will unite them even more and I expect Harris to take it out on our next opponent.

Blue girl and those with similar sentiments are right.  This will only fire up AH and the guys.  There is no way this causes disharmony.  Miller's statement is the proof of that.

All of this just makes us stronger.  Can you imagine AH lighting it up in WSF, WF and GC!?!!  That's the only way he can prove all of the peanut gallery wrong.  Remember, he's being PED tested on a tight, regular schedule now.  He has proof his performance post-positive has nothing to do with PEDs.

My question is: what about next year?  Based on what the pundit clowns wrote in their columns, it seems they are setting AH up as "damned for life".  Are they going to pull the same stunt in 2020?  Next are they going to start writing that he should be banned from the HoF?

Someone should release all the dates in his CFL career that AH was tested and came up negative.  Every single negative test guarantees that he was not using PEDs on or weeks before that date.  How can you taint his entire career like they are trying to do when there's documented proof he wasn't doped up all the time like they are implying?

Dorks.

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 05:49:53 AM »

Tecno....if you read my later posts you will see that I agree with Blue Girl....my first reaction was based on me thinking it was only the Bomber management that made the selections.....I just flew off the handle!   Then I read further and realized it was MOS and a bunch of sports writers that selected the nominees.....which to me makes no sense.    The selection, imho, should be made by the team management and the players.....then you'd get a true representation.    The fact that MOS only gets one vote makes zero sense to me and both players selected for MOP and MOC both disagreed with the selections..... and you can bet the entire team feels the same way!!   And I resent the way TSN's Naylor framed his commentary by implying the "Bombers got it right" by not selecting AH.....so in effect he's blackballing him.   Fact is none of the Bombers would have made that selection.   

So yeah, this will definitely galvanize and motivate the team to win it ALL.   Buckle up sports fans because we are in for a ride!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:51:53 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 11:13:14 AM »

Blue girl and those with similar sentiments are right.  This will only fire up AH and the guys.  There is no way this causes disharmony.  Miller's statement is the proof of that.

All of this just makes us stronger.  Can you imagine AH lighting it up in WSF, WF and GC!?!!  That's the only way he can prove all of the peanut gallery wrong.  Remember, he's being PED tested on a tight, regular schedule now.  He has proof his performance post-positive has nothing to do with PEDs.

My question is: what about next year?  Based on what the pundit clowns wrote in their columns, it seems they are setting AH up as "damned for life".  Are they going to pull the same stunt in 2020?  Next are they going to start writing that he should be banned from the HoF?

Someone should release all the dates in his CFL career that AH was tested and came up negative.  Every single negative test guarantees that he was not using PEDs on or weeks before that date.  How can you taint his entire career like they are trying to do when there's documented proof he wasn't doped up all the time like they are implying?

Dorks.

There was an earlier drug sample from this season which showed he wasn't doping, and the test he failed only produced trace amounts. That means he either had a tainted supplement or had quit using weeks before and as we know he was tested weeks before. The media got this wrong because they simply don't know jack about steroid use.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 02:24:29 PM »

There was an earlier drug sample from this season which showed he wasn't doping, and the test he failed only produced trace amounts. That means he either had a tainted supplement or had quit using weeks before and as we know he was tested weeks before. The media got this wrong because they simply don't know jack about steroid use.
Well the media including Naylor and Bauming seem to be blackballing Harris whereas guys like Simon Lawrence with two suspensions are placed on a pedestal!?   I have lost a lot of respect for both of them!!

Point of attack

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »

The visceral reaction of the fan base would suggest that a new All Canadian award voted on by the team and the fans possibly in Andrew Harris? name is in order here.
 The timing would be perfect in his record breaking season for a social media campaign to right this wrong in a fashion deserving of a player who embodies everything that is ?All Canadian ?.
GCn19

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

Andrew it's time to truck some people in the playoffs and leave absolutely no doubt as to who the top NAT/player in this league is. I would not like to be the LBing corps of our opponent in the WSF.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »

Andrew it's time to truck some people in the playoffs and leave absolutely no doubt as to who the top NAT/player in this league is. I would not like to be the LBing corps of our opponent in the WSF.

He's had a chip on his shoulder all season, even before the suspension. I think this will only temper his resolve and make him even more fired up to carry this team into the playoffs.

Colour me excited.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »

He's had a chip on his shoulder all season, even before the suspension. I think this will only temper his resolve and make him even more fired up to carry this team into the playoffs.

Colour me excited.
Revenge is a dish best served cold....like the champagne Andrew Harris drinks from the Grey Cup.   I'm sure there is NOTHING he would rather do as a pro athlete raised in Winnipeg than to hoist the Cup in front of his hometown fans!

In Motion

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 04:41:26 PM »

I'm usually the one who says, "Where there's smoke there's fire", but I actually believe Harris
didn't knowingly take a banned substance. (Bob Irving has said the same.) As someone pointed out:
"Someone should release all the dates in his CFL career that AH was tested and came up negative.  Every single negative test guarantees that he was not using PEDs on or weeks before that date.  How can you taint his entire career like they are trying to do when there's documented proof he wasn't doped up all the time like they are implying?"
blue girl

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 08:56:20 PM »

I'd like to know how much is a trace amount. And yes everytime TSN  gushes about how great Simoni Lawrence is I want to gag. But I guess you can take all the cheap shots you want just don't have any PEDs in your system.
Bombers9256

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 01:24:31 AM »

Why do people think Wyman, Bauming, and Hamilton votes against Harris? Personally, I can?t help but think that they did it not for their concern for league integrity, but so as not to look like homers in the eyes of the national sports media. Image management and nothing else. I am disappointed in them. They could have made a real statement. I also wonder if Ambrosie reached out to them.

#fortheW
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 02:27:54 AM »

Why do people think Wyman, Bauming, and Hamilton votes against Harris? Personally, I can?t help but think that they did it not for their concern for league integrity, but so as not to look like homers in the eyes of the national sports media. Image management and nothing else. I am disappointed in them. They could have made a real statement. I also wonder if Ambrosie reached out to them.
As usual it might have boiled down to politics.....

RicoBeBlue

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2019, 05:46:19 AM »

I was going through the SUN app this eve and notice Paul Friesen posted a late article. It's near impossible to link the SUN app so I did some interweb searching and found the Montreal Gazzette picked it up. It's a great piece of work. I'll post the link and a snippet...

FRIESEN: Blue Bombers' Harris would get my vote.
(Leaving Harris off the ballot is akin to implementing a rule that doesn?t exist.)

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/friesen-blue-bombers-harris-would-get-my-vote/wcm/76353e8a-6b6b-460b-985d-8f4c608693dd

Great read that really nails it.

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2019, 12:29:04 PM »

Friesen the rational one. Go figure.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »

I was going through the SUN app this eve and notice Paul Friesen posted a late article. It's near impossible to link the SUN app so I did some interweb searching and found the Montreal Gazzette picked it up. It's a great piece of work. I'll post the link and a snippet...

(Leaving Harris off the ballot is akin to implementing a rule that doesn?t exist.)

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/friesen-blue-bombers-harris-would-get-my-vote/wcm/76353e8a-6b6b-460b-985d-8f4c608693dd

Actually balanced and well written and I'd have to agree with him about Bauming and company blowing it.   

1chad

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »

He makes great points.  It comes down to the league, if they wanted to make players who were suspended ineligible, they would have done so after Brandon Banks was suspended and then nominated for an award at the end of the year in 2016.  The league didn't, so Harris is not only eligible but based on his stats, worthy of the nomination.
TBURGESS

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »

It's not a rule, cuz no one else has to follow it. It's a one time vote.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 05:35:00 PM »

Personally I believe the format for selecting team player awards is flawed and secondly the league needs to create a hard and fast rule around eligibility.    Imho, the vote should be made up of 3 components with equal weight....namely management, the players and the fans.   The selection should be balanced equally amongst the 3 parties.    As for the CFL creating rules around eligibility it should be decided between the league and the players association.    This format provides ownership to the selection process as well as the rules of engagement.   

lenny

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »

Personally I believe the format for selecting team player awards is flawed and secondly the league needs to create a hard and fast rule around eligibility.    Imho, the vote should be made up of 3 components with equal weight....namely management, the players and the fans.   The selection should be balanced equally amongst the 3 parties.    As for the CFL creating rules around eligibility it should be decided between the league and the players association.    This format provides ownership to the selection process as well as the rules of engagement.   

Wisdom speaketh. Yes but I'd suggest heavily skewed to the fans in the voting % so that the press can either own their decisions (and management)  as being contrary to the fans or in agreement but we wouldn't have to hear their virtue signalling garbage after their decision unless they were a decisive vote. 

And to be sure the PA/CFL/Owners should resolve this issue and as quickly as possible because what will be the next step - denying a player like Harris a place in the Hall of Fame because of one positive test and minimum suspension? Better lay the criteria down for that as well because there will be members on that selection committee who think like the three stooges here.
blue girl

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

Jeff Hamilton wrote in his explanation in yeaterdays Free Press that he's the president of the FRC and will be working with the CFL and CFLPA to have a rule that prohibits players who test positive for PEDs  not being eligible for post season awards.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »

Friesen the rational one. Go figure.

isn't that the truth, lol... most things I've seen from him come off as him being a few sandwiches short of a picnic...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
RebusRankin

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2019, 12:17:06 AM »

Jeff Hamilton wrote in his explanation in yeaterdays Free Press that he's the president of the FRC and will be working with the CFL and CFLPA to have a rule that prohibits players who test positive for PEDs  not being eligible for post season awards.

Nice of him to grandstand to get attention. His work certainly isn't garnering him any notice.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2019, 01:00:06 AM »

Take your agenda and shove it you tool. Hamilton not you blue girl, lol.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:29:51 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

blue girl

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2019, 01:14:04 AM »

If these reporters want to do something useful why don't they ask what is random about a system where one player gets tested more than others?
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2019, 01:33:06 AM »

Wisdom speaketh. Yes but I'd suggest heavily skewed to the fans in the voting % so that the press can either own their decisions (and management)  as being contrary to the fans or in agreement but we wouldn't have to hear their virtue signalling garbage after their decision unless they were a decisive vote. 

And to be sure the PA/CFL/Owners should resolve this issue and as quickly as possible because what will be the next step - denying a player like Harris a place in the Hall of Fame because of one positive test and minimum suspension? Better lay the criteria down for that as well because there will be members on that selection committee who think like the three stooges here.
Thank you so much and I could not agree with you more!!

1chad

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2019, 01:38:29 AM »

He's had over 3 years to bring this up and get it on the books - since 2016 when Brandon Banks was suspended for banned substance and was still nominated as the Eastern Conference's candidate for Special teams player honours.  
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2019, 01:39:22 AM »

If these reporters want to do something useful why don't they ask what is random about a system where one player gets tested more than others?
well said....

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2019, 01:54:31 AM »

He's had over 3 years to bring this up and get it on the books - since 2016 when Brandon Banks was suspended for banned substance and was still nominated as the Eastern Conference's candidate for Special teams player honours.  
this is the part that burns me.....

TecnoGenius

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2019, 06:11:34 AM »

Go see my post with the probability math from the week he announced his suspension.  What happened is unlikely, but certain possible.

Maybe the system should be tweaked so that every player will be randomly (i.e. random time) tested once, with an additional test for say 100 players that is completely random (time and player).

It's mathematically fine AH is tested 3 times in 1 season, but a bit annoying when the guy next to him gets tested 0 times in 5 years.  Make everyone get tested once, and then the chance of being tested twice or three times goes down commensurately.

Never go full Rider!
Blue72

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »

Is there anything in the players contract or in the CFL that says players have to talk to the media, this would be the time to walk away from these guys. Let the media talk to the coaches and players walk past these guys. Maybe if they have nothing to take back to there jobs , their bosses might have a talk to them.
Tiger

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »

X2

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: