Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 12:47:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A truly inspiring game  (Read 3783 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2019, 08:39:05 PM »

Love the bobblehead pose by Harris after his big late game run. Classic.
missed that Sad

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2019, 09:23:34 PM »

missed that Sad
Yeah....caught that on the replay!   😂😂

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
blue girl

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2019, 09:39:34 PM »

CFL "contracts" being what they are I'm wondering if we can bank our #2 QB hopes on a such small sample size?   Remember how many of us believed Streveler had the IT factor only to realize that he is one dimensional and may or may not develop into a fully rounded QB.   What we saw from Collaros on Friday was the best quarter backing we have witnessed as Bomber fans in a decade or more.    Given the fact that he had two weeks of exposure to our offensive schemes and only a couple of practices is even more impressive!   Was this a one time fluke or is it indicative of his potential to be even better?   I'm hoping he proves to Bomber brass, teammates, fans and the entire CFL entourage that this wasn't just a flash in the pan and that he can sustain this type of game winning play into the post season and even beyond!   
I don't think what we saw from Collaros was a fluke. The bigger concern for him would be injuries. Remember he was considered a MOP candidate a few years ago before he injured his knee and now of course there are the concussion concerns. IF he can stay healthy and get back to the QB he was I would gladly give up the first round draft pick and sign him.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »

I don't think what we saw from Collaros was a fluke. The bigger concern for him would be injuries. Remember he was considered a MOP candidate a few years ago before he injured his knee and now of course there are the concussion concerns. IF he can stay healthy and get back to the QB he was I would gladly give up the first round draft pick and sign him.
Problem is you give up the draft pick without a full understanding of his durability.  1st round pick is a big deal in any league and in the CFL where you need good Canadians to be competitive, it's essential we don't give them up.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 09:44:23 PM »

I?m ok with him here this year but hard pass for me in us resigning him.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »

Problem is you give up the draft pick without a full understanding of his durability.  1st round pick is a big deal in any league and in the CFL where you need good Canadians to be competitive, it's essential we don't give them up.
The Bombers first round picks haven't been great. Also we had 2 this year which so far are working out. I'd rather have a competant QB especially if we don't win the Grey Cup this year.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2019, 09:55:35 PM »

The Bombers first round picks haven't been great. Also we had 2 this year which so far are working out. I'd rather have a competant QB especially if we don't win the Grey Cup this year.
I do not believe in Zacks health over the course of the season. Not worth it to me.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »

Im with you on that one.....QB is THE number one position around whom you build a team.   With regard to his durability long term, the same can be said about Matt Nichols.   Shoulder surgery is potentially career ending and his mobility won't get him very far.   It's a crap shoot unless of course you can get a Masoli or QB of equal stature....but even Masoli will be untested and unproven goods after his injury!  
Thing is Collaros is likely thinking about playing in the EC since he lives in TO.....that we have no control over!  

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
pjrocksmb

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »

Can't get desperate and waste a pick potentially.  Too early to fully analzye this as we need to see much more good Zach before we give up a pick, imo.

I don't think the cup has much to do with our decision at QB next year other than the fact how our current QB preform in that game if we are lucky enough to make the big show.

I do not believe in Zacks health over the course of the season. Not worth it to me.

Agree, no draft pick in play and a cheap price tag I'm ok with but neither of those are true.

blue_or_die

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »

In even the best case scenario, Zach Collaros navigates the Winnipeg Blue Bombers through the playoffs and wins us a Grey Cup (lol), we hand him his ring, shake his hand, and we resolve our long-term QB questions (not just starter, but backup and development QB, too) and Zach walks away perfectly happy to have not only won a championship but also shoot his stock through the roof for another shot to start elsewhere. He can choose that route or sail off in the sunset as a champion, moving on and protecting his noggin from further injury.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 12:15:28 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2019, 11:50:28 PM »

In even the best case scenario, Zach Collaros navigates the Winnipeg Blue Bombers through the playoffs and wins us a Grey Cup (lol), we hand him his ring, shake his hand, and we resolve our long-term QB questions (not just starter, but backup and development QB, too) and Zach walks away perfectly happy to have not only won a championship but also shot his stock through the roof for another shot to start elsewhere. He can choose that route or sail off in the sunset as a championship, moving on and protecting him noggin from further injury.

Collaros needs to think seriously about not resigning with the Argos, his career will not bloom again behind that O-line, MBT is now the new "toughest QB" in my book, after surviving the beatings he took this season.  They couldn't protect the great Ricky Ray in his last few years in the league, thus his career ended in a fizzle.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2019, 12:27:45 AM »

I'd like to see more of McGuire. From the little that we've seen it looks like he can run and pass. Please Bombers if we're only going to be allowed to dress 2 QBs next year find a way to keep him. BTW I hate this rule more and more everyday.

I don't have to consult with my crystal ball to know we probably won't see McGuire play much next season, if the new rule goes through he'll end up on the PR behind two more proven QB's, it could be Nichols, Streveler or whoever, but McGuire won't be on the short list.  He might get moved up to the roster as an injury replacement but I doubt he'll be given the same shot Streveler received, if Bomber history is to be believed that will probably never happen again.  If per chance they lose two QB's to injury next season, I expect them to go shopping for another proven vet before giving McGuire a fair chance.  The success achieved with the Collaros gamble will only reinforce that strategy in Walters mind.

dd

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2019, 12:33:24 AM »

Collaros lives in Toronto , guaranteed he signs there to be with his family during the season vs live elsewhere. Guaranteed. Pinball will not lowball him and they need a proven, marketable Qb to sell tickets in the tough Toronto market. As much as I d live to see him here, he s going east next season no doubt about it.
Blitzer

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2019, 01:12:45 AM »

Collaros needs to think seriously about not resigning with the Argos, his career will not bloom again behind that O-line, MBT is now the new "toughest QB" in my book, after surviving the beatings he took this season.  They couldn't protect the great Ricky Ray in his last few years in the league, thus his career ended in a fizzle.

I agree. The Argos would probably ruin him. He said when he was traded that he wanted to come to Winnipeg. He thought they have a really good team and organization. He took a couple of shots to the head including the one in the first half on that partial slide. After the game he was asked by TSN how he felt after the hits and he said he felt fine!!
BigBomberFan

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2019, 01:36:37 AM »

Good points. Ray took some punishing hits there, for sure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: