Blue Bombers Forum
October 27, 2020, 05:16:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44544 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #630 on: December 19, 2019, 04:35:54 PM »

Maybe we get burned an Nichols heads to Ott..Collaros picks T.O..Arbuckle stays put...hmmmmmmmmm

Start Streveler and bring in MBT to be the pass-first guy?

lol, infinite possibilities.

Will be a very interesting off-season.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
the paw

« Reply #631 on: December 19, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »

Maybe we get burned an Nichols heads to Ott..Collaros picks T.O..Arbuckle stays put...hmmmmmmmmm

There is a 3downnation article quoting Walters, basically saying that their free agency work has slowed down until they get their coaching staff in place.  That MIGHT mean that Buck isn't a slam dunk for OC, or that at least they haven't made that decision yet. 

Which brings up the question that if they go out and get a different OC who wants to run a different offensive philosophy, how will that affect the QB they try to sign?  What if we end up with Chapeldaine or Macadoo or (Dog Forbid) Bellefeuille as our new OC? 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #632 on: December 19, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »

There is a 3downnation article quoting Walters, basically saying that their free agency work has slowed down until they get their coaching staff in place.  That MIGHT mean that Buck isn't a slam dunk for OC, or that at least they haven't made that decision yet. 

Which brings up the question that if they go out and get a different OC who wants to run a different offensive philosophy, how will that affect the QB they try to sign?  What if we end up with Chapeldaine or Macadoo or (Dog Forbid) Bellefeuille as our new OC? 

Slowed down but I doubt they aren't continuing with some efforts on re-signing some players.  There are probably several players that have had offers or significant discussions about new deals.

You might be right about the QB decision possibly being impacted by the new OC.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #633 on: December 19, 2019, 04:59:05 PM »

Slowed down but I doubt they aren't continuing with some efforts on re-signing some players.  There are probably several players that have had offers or significant discussions about new deals.

You might be right about the QB decision possibly being impacted by the new OC.

I would think the QB decision is true...if it is a new OC then he may want some say in things...the rest...pretty straight forward, and save for Bryant yet...basically the offence is all back other than a stArting QB
Blue In BC

« Reply #634 on: December 19, 2019, 05:13:32 PM »

Bryant re-signed his last 1 year deal on January 17 2019. So I don't see any issue with seeing something in a similar time frame for 2020. Players and management are getting some family and / or vacation time in.

Things will heat up in the 1st couple of weeks of January. OTOH I won't be entirely surprised to see another re-signing before Christmas.

MOS said he had some announcements to be made just before Hardrick was done. So might be one more already done just not made public yet.

No concerns at the moment.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #635 on: December 19, 2019, 05:16:51 PM »

Bryant re-signed his last 1 year deal on January 17 2019. So I don't see any issue with seeing something in a similar time frame for 2020. Players and management are getting some family and / or vacation time in.

Things will heat up in the 1st couple of weeks of January. OTOH I won't be entirely surprised to see another re-signing before Christmas.

MOS said he had some announcements to be made just before Hardrick was done. So might be one more already done just not made public yet.

Yeah not worried about Bryant, I have said in this forum, or the other that his is just a formal announcement away...and it looks to be a situation that our basic starting Offence will all be back, and most likely a few back-ups..I would be shocked if Augustine isn't
TBURGESS

« Reply #636 on: December 19, 2019, 06:06:12 PM »

You forget Streveler getting an NFL job.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
GCn19

« Reply #637 on: December 19, 2019, 06:10:31 PM »

That logic is flawed. Every team is different every year. For all we know, we were a better defense away from winning it 2 or 3 years ago. Or we were a Streveler to Harris completion away from winning last year.

Was Collaros huge for us? Sure. But we have no idea how a full year (including playoffs) of either would have panned out

I agree. The only comparable that can be made is this season and both Nichols and Collaros had outstanding win/loss records with THIS team. Collaros doesn't likely get us a GC with the 2017 or 2018 Bombers either. They were just a completed process this year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #638 on: December 19, 2019, 06:11:35 PM »

I doubt it's Bellefeuille as MOS has fired him once already.

GCn19

« Reply #639 on: December 19, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »

They may know exactly who they want but it's always a negotiation and sometimes these things take a couple weeks to sort out.

GCn19

« Reply #640 on: December 19, 2019, 06:14:59 PM »

Once end of day tomorrow hits I doubt there are any new signings until after new year. In past years we have signed guys in late December and not announced it until after New Years though. I would think they want to make at least one key re-signing pre-Xmas season tix drive tho.

blue girl

« Reply #641 on: December 19, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

IMO the reason that we're not getting any more re-signing announcements is because they've used up this years SMS. I'm pretty sure that Buck will be the OC because I've read a few times that he turned down other OC offers to stay here. I think it's more likely that Hall doesn't want to return. Besides haven't all the re-signings so far been on offence?
blue_or_die

« Reply #642 on: December 19, 2019, 08:30:42 PM »

Once end of day tomorrow hits I doubt there are any new signings until after new year. In past years we have signed guys in late December and not announced it until after New Years though. I would think they want to make at least one key re-signing pre-Xmas season tix drive tho.

It would be nice to have one last Christmas present from the Bombers tomorrow (Friday) morning. I know my holiday beers would taste a lot better after hearing Stanley Bryant signing up for another 2-3 years in B&G.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #643 on: December 19, 2019, 09:18:42 PM »

Even if it's Buck, it's going to be his system he's running not LaPo's. He might be influenced by LaPolice, and would probably provide the most continuity, but it's not a guarantee. If it's anyone outside, then we should expect new everything. New approach, ideas, philosophy, etc.
Blue In BC

« Reply #644 on: December 19, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »

IMO the reason that we're not getting any more re-signing announcements is because they've used up this years SMS. I'm pretty sure that Buck will be the OC because I've read a few times that he turned down other OC offers to stay here. I think it's more likely that Hall doesn't want to return. Besides haven't all the re-signings so far been on offence?

That's not really relevant. Contract's can be signed with signing bonus's due after January 1st.

Lolley just left Edmonton after being their DC so there is an opening if Hall chooses to leave. I don't know if he plans to leave or whether we plan to bring him back. MOS usually sticks with his guys.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45
  Print  

Jump to: