Blue Bombers Forum
October 26, 2020, 05:47:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44434 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »

I wish they would decide on an OC soon... its been, what, a day sine MOS got his deal?  What's the holdup Wink

Once the OC is in place, then the QB question gets a lot simpler...  with or without Streveler (pending his NFL look), we need a number one guy and have McGuire ready for that number 2 slot...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2019, 05:18:42 PM »

I'm not sure if giving up a 1st round pick is in the cards. It might be if there was less concern about Collaros and his concussion injury history. Other injuries would be easier to deal with in theory.

We only have one 1st round pick this year compared to 2 last year. Kongbo was released to try and get an NFL deal and he was our extra 1st round pick last year. We may get him back but when and if are TBD at this point.

If we end up losing Wolitarsky as well that's 2 starting Canadians lost. That would be at least a short term concern which could be resolved in free agency. To that end giving up the 1st round pick might be alright.

I don't think anyone questions that Collaros can be a good QB. It's just the question about the risk of further concussions to his long term health. That's something the doctors need to decide ( not Collaros himself per se ).

Nichols has different injury history issues as well. We've heard that he might not be ready for TC but we've also heard the injury will not be limiting .

Hopefully this is all decided before free agency. Wouldn't like to get into a bidding war or find ourselves left out in the cold as QB's sign elsewhere potentially.

No more excuses.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2019, 05:43:09 PM »

Here's my take on it: now that LaPolice has gone to Ottawa, he's obviously going to want to work with players that he has a good rapport with. If I were LaPolice, I'd want Collaros, because Nichols and Collaros have similar styles and both had hovered around the 200 yards per game mark or so with the Bombers, but Collaros took us to a championship and obviously has the proven goods to be able to win when it matters. And he can complete the deep ball as needed to move the game along at crucial times, whereas Nichols hasn't really ever solidified the confidence in the deep threat that I've needed to have in the past.

The last thing that I'd want is to give any competing team an edge, and if Ottawa are in the gutter right now, I wouldn't want to give them a hand up by giving them Collaros.....I'd rather that they have Nichols. With Nichols, they could be an alright team, but with Collaros, I feel that they'd be nearing the quarterbacking of Harris once again.

O'Shea re-signing with the team would obviously point to what one would assume that he'd have a loyalty to Nichols, going back several seasons to when Willy wasn't getting the job done, Nichols' success may very well have saved O'Shea's job at that point. The question is how much loyalty O'Shea would have to that versus how concerned he would be about fielding the best possible team and keeping the players that put him in the best position to continue on to what could potentially be a dynasty era.

The loyal man would go with Nichols, however, the wise man would go with Collaros.
Jesse

« Reply #603 on: December 14, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »

I'm not sure if giving up a 1st round pick is in the cards. It might be if there was less concern about Collaros and his concussion injury history. Other injuries would be easier to deal with in theory.

We only have one 1st round pick this year compared to 2 last year. Kongbo was released to try and get an NFL deal and he was our extra 1st round pick last year. We may get him back but when and if are TBD at this point.

If we end up losing Wolitarsky as well that's 2 starting Canadians lost. That would be at least a short term concern which could be resolved in free agency. To that end giving up the 1st round pick might be alright.

I don't think anyone questions that Collaros can be a good QB. It's just the question about the risk of further concussions to his long term health. That's something the doctors need to decide ( not Collaros himself per se ).

Nichols has different injury history issues as well. We've heard that he might not be ready for TC but we've also heard the injury will not be limiting .

Hopefully this is all decided before free agency. Wouldn't like to get into a bidding war or find ourselves left out in the cold as QB's sign elsewhere potentially.

Woli rarely has stated he's already working towards a new deal. Nothing is for sure until the contract is signed but he's not someone I anticipate losing.

My wife is amazing!
blue girl

« Reply #604 on: December 14, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »

If the Bombers really want Collaros they have until February 12 to sign him. If I'm The Bombers after the holiday season I would bring him and his wife to Winnipeg and get Andrew Harris to show them around, maybe take them to a Jets game. If he's the first choice do whatever you have to to sign him. As for losing the first round draft pick The Bombers have done well in later rounds so I'm not worried about it.
theaardvark

« Reply #605 on: December 14, 2019, 09:41:15 PM »

If the Bombers really want Collaros they have until February 12 to sign him. If I'm The Bombers after the holiday season I would bring him and his wife to Winnipeg and get Andrew Harris to show them around, maybe take them to a Jets game. If he's the first choice do whatever you have to to sign him. As for losing the first round draft pick The Bombers have done well in later rounds so I'm not worried about it.

If Collaros wants to be here, and Walters / MOS / Buck want him here, I have no doubt that they will get a deal done without the tour of the city...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2019, 09:53:09 PM »

If Collaros wants to be here, and Walters / MOS / Buck want him here, I have no doubt that they will get a deal done without the tour of the city...
I agree no point to wine and dine. Either he wants to be here or he does not. We are past the schmoozing stage with this guy.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #607 on: December 14, 2019, 11:42:41 PM »

This from you?

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2019, 12:39:51 AM »

I agree no point to wine and dine. Either he wants to be here or he does not. We are past the schmoozing stage with this guy.

I think the wining and dining would be done for Zach's wife.  To let her see what Winnipeg is all about.  I hope the organization does show her around town.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #609 on: December 15, 2019, 12:50:01 AM »

I think the wining and dining would be done for Zach's wife.  To let her see what Winnipeg is all about.  I hope the organization does show her around town.
agree

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue girl

« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2019, 01:01:14 AM »

The last time he was here all he saw was his hotel room and the stadium and his wife hasn't been here at all. We're not Southern Ontario but we're not that bad either. Let them see that.
mondo3

« Reply #611 on: December 15, 2019, 01:03:16 AM »

Perhaps best if she doesn?t visit here at this time of the year - she might think it?s similar to Ontario winters
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #612 on: December 15, 2019, 01:06:04 AM »

1st rough pick is a lot to give up
I don't want to overpay, enough QBs that we will get a decent one

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
theaardvark

« Reply #613 on: December 15, 2019, 02:28:35 AM »

I still want to know, is it a pick if we ever sign him, or just extend him before FA.  It doesn't seem reasonable for it to be a forever condition.  If he is allowed to hit FA, then Toronto has a chance to get him back, and if we then sign him, there shouldn't be compensation...

Jesse

« Reply #614 on: December 15, 2019, 03:20:39 AM »

I still want to know, is it a pick if we ever sign him, or just extend him before FA.  It doesn't seem reasonable for it to be a forever condition.  If he is allowed to hit FA, then Toronto has a chance to get him back, and if we then sign him, there shouldn't be compensation...

It doesn't matter. If we're going to sign him, it will be before FA starts.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: