Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2020, 06:40:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44028 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #525 on: December 07, 2019, 02:20:20 PM »

Would we have won with Mcguire?
If you're asking if our 3rd string QB with almost no reps would be good enough to win considering our D turned the ball over 7 times and owned the LOS? Likely yes.

A better question is would they have won if they had Collaros and we had Evans (Vet vs Young starter). That's not very likely at all.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
dd

« Reply #526 on: December 07, 2019, 02:55:03 PM »

Can?t say whether we would have won with McGuire or not haven?t seen much of him. But you could have given franklin or Jennings 7 turnovers and I guarantee you they?d be turning the ball over themselves. We ve seen guys come in to handle 3rd down short yardage fumble and turnover the ball, there could have been exchange issues with a new an just getting the snap off without offsides/the line jumping or screwing up the handoff, and with a green/hasn?t taken many snaps Qb these types of things happen. All Hamilton needed in that game was a chance to get back in the game and our offense wouldn?t give it to them via a turnover. That in itself was huge
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2019, 02:58:55 PM »

Though I agree with you I can also see the writing on the wall with Collaros likely heading east.   In the 4 games he played he threw one pick against Calgary in the last game of the season and 0 picks in all 3 playoff games!   That's impressive and albeit he never once threw for 300 yards in any of the games he played, he completed some incredibly accurate deep balls to get us out of a hole at key times in games!   He also rarely was sacked and managed to escape the pass rush several times and make something from nothing.   You take away those big plays and the game suddenly takes on a whole new complexion!   The guy is very cool under pressure.

That being said, yes Nichols will likely be our guy going forward and for me he still needs to prove that he can deliver in the BIG games.   I'm still concerned with his shoulder injury and worried he may end up like Lulay, who never ever fully recovered from that injury!   I keep hearing from on this forum that we don't know the severity of the injury and that he could bounce back and regain his 7-2 form prior to injury!   That's a lot to be hopeful for and it might happen.....but then again it might not.   Also, consider that we may have a new OC in place if LaPo lands a HC job.    If that happens will the job be filled in house with Buck?   

There are too many variables and unanswered questions remaining at this juncture and I'm hoping that we can retain as many players from this team as possible, including Zach "Attack" Collaros!   

One thing you can be fairly certain of, if they have to replace LaPo or Hall, O'Shea will do so from his existing staff.
bunker

« Reply #528 on: December 11, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/winnipegsun.com/sports/football/friesen-door-wide-open-for-collaros-return-to-bombers/amp
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2019, 12:51:01 AM »

Well it looks like it's up to Walters to make his mind up, if he chooses Collaros, Nichols will probably follow LaPo to the RB's fairly quickly, which would workout well for all concerned parties.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #530 on: December 12, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »

Well it looks like it's up to Walters to make his mind up, if he chooses Collaros, Nichols will probably follow LaPo to the RB's fairly quickly, which would workout well for all concerned parties.

Interesting.  But it could all be a tactic by Collaros to get more money out of whatever not-WPG team he ends up with.  It doesn't help your salary negotiation when you say "I only want to be with TOR".  You make them fight for you, even if it's an illusion.

However, Nichols to OTT and Collaros in WPG is definitely possible.

But if we go Collaros/Strev then we need to find a way to keep a legit #1b on the PR, at great SMS expense.  Who that's available and 1b material would take a job like that?  I can only think of Arbuckle, by why not just stay and be 1b in CGY?  Maybe MBT could be just good enough too, but it's a stretch.

The chance Collaros goes 18 games (plus playoffs) without a concussion is near zero.  To roll with Collaros/Strev alone would be suicide.

Never go full Rider!
booch

« Reply #531 on: December 12, 2019, 01:22:54 PM »

Interesting.  But it could all be a tactic by Collaros to get more money out of whatever not-WPG team he ends up with.  It doesn't help your salary negotiation when you say "I only want to be with TOR".  You make them fight for you, even if it's an illusion.

However, Nichols to OTT and Collaros in WPG is definitely possible.

But if we go Collaros/Strev then we need to find a way to keep a legit #1b on the PR, at great SMS expense.  Who that's available and 1b material would take a job like that?  I can only think of Arbuckle, by why not just stay and be 1b in CGY?  Maybe MBT could be just good enough too, but it's a stretch.

The chance Collaros goes 18 games (plus playoffs) without a concussion is near zero.  To roll with Collaros/Strev alone would be suicide.

Yes and no...very risky, but perhaps the extra reps Strev takes awsy from Collaros keeps him healthy, and maybe going into year 3 Strev progresses even more in an offence thats well rounded...for him and not just glorified run plays that you see a mile away..I also really think Strev will develop a lot faster behind Collaros and watching him on the field more than Nichols
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #532 on: December 12, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »

If Collaros wants to stay here, great. He and Streveler make for a very good tandem behind this O-line.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the team's QB situation.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #533 on: December 12, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »

With LaPo gone it would be interesting to see how Nichols fairs. I think his success might have been more of a product of LaPo's system than some might care to admit. Intriguing times.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #534 on: December 12, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

With LaPo gone it would be interesting to see how Nichols fairs. I think his success might have been more of a product of LaPo's system than some might care to admit. Intriguing times.

Was thinking the same.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_or_die

« Reply #535 on: December 13, 2019, 01:22:58 AM »

Could be the contrary. Maybe Lapo lacked trust in Nichols and the new OC opens up the book and allows him to stretch the field more?

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #536 on: December 13, 2019, 01:37:28 AM »

I dont think Zack is the one hit n done here as ppl think.

Ill bet he wants to play here with our Oline and Buck as OC.

We have a Great OL and RB......  its perfect for him. Hes got Strev to lay back on.

blue_or_die

« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2019, 01:54:20 AM »

I dont think Zack is the one hit n done here as ppl think.

Ill bet he wants to play here with our Oline and Buck as OC.

We have a Great OL and RB......  its perfect for him. Hes got Strev to lay back on.

Agree. I'd be perfectly happy with either Collaros or Nichols here in front of Strev.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #538 on: December 13, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »

I like Nic but i dont want him. I dont think we have won with Nic.

If we want to keep it going   ......  Zack n Strev.....  Buck running the O

Im not a Hall fan but he got the job done.

I think it was more the players that wanted the job done.

Was it a good coached game?   Sure

But it was pure will of our players that wanted it.   

They went out and took it.   

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #539 on: December 13, 2019, 02:20:38 AM »

I like Nic but i dont want him. I dont think we have won with Nic.

If we want to keep it going   ......  Zack n Strev.....  Buck running the O

Im not a Hall fan but he got the job done.

I think it was more the players that wanted the job done.

Was it a good coached game?   Sure

But it was pure will of our players that wanted it.   

They went out and took it.   

I agree all around. Would prefer Hall be gone. I can see a serious regress if he is here again next year.

Buck show with Zack and Strev works! Looks like Arbuckle ain?t coming here anytime soon. Stick with what worked great last season.

Nichols can go away. No doubt he is a character player but his pocket presence is always lacking and lacks mobility. Serious throwing shoulder injury from a guy who wasn?t the greatest at throwing long balls to start with?mmmm, no thanks.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: