Blue Bombers Forum
October 27, 2020, 04:55:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44522 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #480 on: December 04, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »

What if the Bombers release Collaros early, see if he wants to stay, or if Pinball really wants him.  Proactively start the dominoes falling. 

If the Argos sign him, that leaves Maosli/Evans (one of them, they both wont be back in Ham), Nichols, Arbuckle available for the two positions left, WPG and OTT. 

Does our bargaining position get better when we are one of 2 teams courting 3 QBs, or when we are one of 3 courting 4?

It's sounding more at more like both Masoli and Evans will be back in Hamilton, actually.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #481 on: December 04, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »

Masoli will be back..Evan's did some good things...but became painfully obvious he has a lot to learn and the Grey Cup exposed that....combined with him revealing at this point in his career is lacking leadership capabilities big-time...
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »

Masoli will be back..Evan's did some good things...but became painfully obvious he has a lot to learn and the Grey Cup exposed that....combined with him revealing at this point in his career is lacking leadership capabilities big-time...

We also made BLM look like garbage....  i think the good by far out weighs what happened in the Cup game.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pigskin

« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2019, 07:59:21 PM »

I agree, Evan's is already a good CFL QB. I sure he will be better next year. Dad will have in QB boot camp all winter.
theaardvark

« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »

It's sounding more at more like both Masoli and Evans will be back in Hamilton, actually.

They want them both back.. but it's going to be pretty hard to do if someone else wants one of them as a starter...  Hamilton can pay one starters money, then the other can find a job as a starter elsewhere...  if that falls through, if Nichols and Arbuckle get deals first, then sure, the other might settle for backup money... a lot will depend on who signs where first...  there is an outside chance that they lose both if they don't decide on one before FA starts... which would be hilarious.  

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bluengold204

« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »

They want them both back.. but it's going to be pretty hard to do if someone else wants one of them as a starter...  Hamilton can pay one starters money, then the other can find a job as a starter elsewhere...  if that falls through, if Nichols and Arbuckle get deals first, then sure, the other might settle for backup money... a lot will depend on who signs where first...  there is an outside chance that they lose both if they don't decide on one before FA starts... which would be hilarious.  

Isn't Evans still under contract?  Shouldn't be that hard too keep both assuming Masoli still wants to be there and isn't asking for Riley money
Pigskin

« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2019, 08:18:33 PM »

Evan's is under contract. However which one would want to be backup.
theaardvark

« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2019, 08:27:38 PM »

Right, I forgot Evans is under contract... that means they could re-sign Masoli to starters money, as Evans will be on his ELC still... and then lose Evans next year for sure...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2019, 08:30:25 PM »

Right now I think I would rather have Evan's. The kid has all the tools. Yes, we shut him down in the GC, but our D had there best game of the year.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2019, 08:37:24 PM »

Right, I forgot Evans is under contract... that means they could re-sign Masoli to starters money, as Evans will be on his ELC still... and then lose Evans next year for sure...

Depending on the length of deal the Ti-Cats offer Masoli, they can defer their choice to next season.  Hard to refute they will have the strongest QB team in the league by far  next year.
blue girl

« Reply #490 on: December 04, 2019, 09:01:59 PM »

Just curious but do we even know if Masoli will be ready for training camp? I thought that I heard on TSN during Grey Cup week that he might not be.
theaardvark

« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »

Depending on the length of deal the Ti-Cats offer Masoli, they can defer their choice to next season.  Hard to refute they will have the strongest QB team in the league by far  next year.

If they re-sign Masoli, it won't be to back up, or at backup money, meaning that he starts next year, which means that barring injury, Evans gets Willy'd, and leaves at the end of next year...  If HAM chooses Evans, they can bring in a backup that will get paid squadoosh (or run Evans/Moore), and have lots of SMS for teh rest of the team... they have a lot of big names becoming FAs too...  Of the D that started the GC, they have Lawrence and Brooks signed.  Of the O, they have Acklin, Revenberg, Ciraco, Van Zeyl, Evans and Banks...  that's a lot of team to sign...

Blue72

« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2019, 09:29:59 PM »

With Evans making it to the grey cup, do you thing he goes to management to up his salary with a new deal?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:39 PM »

With Evans making it to the grey cup, do you thing he goes to management to up his salary with a new deal?
yes

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #494 on: December 04, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »

Only if they dump Masoli. If this does happen, I suspect that the team actually extends Evans at a higher salary. I think that's extremely unlikely though.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: