Blue Bombers Forum
November 27, 2020, 01:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 49863 times)
rubanski

« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »

Very true, here are some names that played on the 2014 O-line.

GREAVES, Christopher
JANUARY, Glenn   
KNAPP, Dan
MORLEY, Steven
NEUFELD, Patrick
GOOSSEN, Matthias   
HOWARD, Cordaro

BRYANT, Stanley
CHUNGH, Sukh
DANIELS, Jace
GOOSSEN, Matthias
GREAVES, Christopher
PICARD, Dominic
NEUFELD, Patrick
CAPERS, Selvish

BRYANT, Stanley
CHUNGH, Sukh
GOOSSEN, Matthias
HARDRICK, Jermarcus
NEUFELD, Patrick
BOND, Travis

Oh man, Dan Knapp was like 250 lbs soaking wet.

Willy was much better than anyone we had prior to him, but Nichols has never been MOP material. This team was POOF instantly better with Nichols at the helm when he took over.

O-line aside, Willy was always a lot more James Franklin/Dom Davis/Jon Jennings material than he was legit starting QB material.
GCn19

« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2019, 07:06:53 PM »

I don't think Nichols will be able to get the same kind of money he got paid last year though. Or at least it's going to be incentive laden.

He'll get the same money he got last year imo. It all, of course, depends on who signs and when.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2019, 07:21:10 PM »

I am a little worried about Matt's arm strength. Depending on what the injury was, he could come back with a dead arm. Lulay comes to mind and was never the same.

However on the flip side, he could come back with a stronger arm as he will be forced to build up strength in his throwing shoulder and arm.
booch

« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »

Nichols will get..and has earned..and does deserve somewhere between 425-485k..and pretty sure thats where he will slot in...either here or in Ottawa...the only 2 options for him, but I think Ottawa will go real hard at Arbuckle and both Dinnwiddie and Killiam as OC and HC respectively. Killiam has a lot of upside..lots of respect in the league and he is a major part of their Canadian drafting/scouting and development success in CGY...Has been for years

I think it's reasonable and practical and most likely to have Matt and Strev here..both on a decent base, but with incentive for performance Matt Running in Around 450k..strev at 200k Base totalling 650k combined with incentive to bring it to 750k if one..or both reach their bonuses
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #454 on: December 03, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »

Nichols will get..and has earned..and does deserve somewhere between 425-485k..and pretty sure thats where he will slot in...either here or in Ottawa...the only 2 options for him, but I think Ottawa will go real hard at Arbuckle and both Dinnwiddie and Killiam as OC and HC respectively. Killiam has a lot of upside..lots of respect in the league and he is a major part of their Canadian drafting/scouting and development success in CGY...Has been for years

I don't think there's any reason to believe Mark Kilam will be a better HC than Claybrooks was, DeVone sort of shattered the myth that the Stamps are a magical organization, he wasn't and may never be ready for a HC position again.

booch

« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »

I don't think there's any reason to believe Mark Kilam will be a better HC than Claybrooks was, DeVone sort of shattered the myth that the Stamps are a magical organization, he wasn't and may never be ready for a HC position again.

kILAM has been coaching longer, I believe this year was his 15th  and has been involved in more things than Claybrooks ever was...apples to oranges in comparison
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »

He didn't shatter anything. He's an excellent defensive coach who was thrown under the bus by an egotistical maniac after all of one year as a HC, basically being the fall guy for another person's mistakes, which was mismanaging a roster.

Hervey canning him was about as greasy as it gets.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue girl

« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »

The Bombers have to decide who has less risk of a season ending injury. Nichols with his shoulder or Collaros with his concussions. Either way sign Streveler. And if LaPo moves on I think that Buck becomes the OC and we run basically the same offence.
booch

« Reply #458 on: December 03, 2019, 09:31:45 PM »

The Bombers have to decide who has less risk of a season ending injury. Nichols with his shoulder or Collaros with his concussions. Either way sign Streveler. And if LaPo moves on I think that Buck becomes the OC and we run basically the same offence.

I think Buck takes over too...but He is gonna want to create his own thing and signature offence and he will be more aggressive and take some swings for the home run more than lapo...and I am 150% for that, and would elevate or QB play if you ask me..also lessen the burden and wear and tear on Harris

Buck's make-up and DNA won't allow for him to be passive and play it safe...he will coach like he played...
ichabod_crane

« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2019, 12:30:38 AM »

100% true.   The challenge with ZC is that one hard slap or elbow to his head will have him miss a month or more based on his history. 

Love the guy and regardless of what anyone says he is a better passer than MN and overall the best QB of the three.    Darn concussions and risk

Then again he could be like Sidney Crosby and not suffer another concussion for what now, like 10 years? I know many people thought Sid might have to retire early because of his injury/concussion issues many year ago. Never know when some clown might clobber you in the head though, but true for any player.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2019, 01:46:09 AM »

Then again he could be like Sidney Crosby and not suffer another concussion for what now, like 10 years? I know many people thought Sid might have to retire early because of his injury/concussion issues many year ago. Never know when some clown might clobber you in the head though, but true for any player.

As long as this deranged ****** is allowed to play in the CFL Zach is in danger.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2019, 02:32:05 AM »

As long as this deranged ****** is allowed to play in the CFL Zach is in danger.

Man, I dislike this disrespecting, trash talking, low balling cheap shot artist SOB!!   I loved it when Harris steer wrestled him to the turf and put him on his back MMA style.   He got up and started whining to the official but he didn't bite....

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #462 on: December 04, 2019, 02:48:43 AM »

Man, I dislike this disrespecting, trash talking, low balling cheap shot artist SOB!!   I loved it when Harris steer wrestled him to the turf and put him on his back MMA style.   He got up and started whining to the official but he didn't bite....
LOL yup I?ll be watching that one all winter long. Smiley

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #463 on: December 04, 2019, 05:44:46 AM »

Man, I dislike this disrespecting, trash talking, low balling cheap shot artist SOB!!   I loved it when Harris steer wrestled him to the turf and put him on his back MMA style.   He got up and started whining to the official but he didn't bite....

Or when Adams offered him a crying towel and he jumped like he'd been hit with a cattle prod...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #464 on: December 04, 2019, 06:41:45 AM »

Or when Adams offered him a crying towel and he jumped like he'd been hit with a cattle prod...
Wink Cheesy Smiley

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: