Blue Bombers Forum
October 27, 2020, 04:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44521 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2019, 03:07:33 PM »

100% true.   The challenge with ZC is that one hard slap or elbow to his head will have him miss a month or more based on his history. 

Love the guy and regardless of what anyone says he is a better passer than MN and overall the best QB of the three.    Darn concussions and risk

If it weren't for these issues he has developed, quite possible he would have just completed his 6th season with the Ti-Cats and maybe had a cup or two with them.

He was truly the QB I wanted going into 2014. So, so badly. I suppose in the end we got the last laugh, though.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #436 on: December 03, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »

Interesting point... we are talking about the injury risk in Collaros, that Nichols is a safer bet, even though Nichols is coming off a season ending injury, and Collaros a Grey Cup...

Just sayin...

And if Nichols injures his shoulder on the 3rd play of the season and Collaros is severely concussed during a game in mid-August, the scenario today for each of those guys is entirely different.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
booch

« Reply #437 on: December 03, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »

From my experience and what i now with shoulder injury..the fact that Matt wasn't pinned down and immobilized for at least 6-8 weeks post surgery leads me to believe it wasn't a super serious injury/surgery...season ender sure...but not career altering/threatening, so pretty sure he will be just fine prior to TC

We got what we needed out of Zack..but were super..SUPER lucky he didn't get concussed. His chances of getting concussed again are super high...won't go away with time off and will happen again, and could be from a minor hit too...and the recovery each time will get longer..and longer...please stay away from him as he will not be worth the risk

Matt and Strev will give us the same production as Collaros and Strev...and I actually think that the overall production would/will be higher with Matt and Strev...Matt and Zack will get it done in different ways and you may get frustrated with a throw away..or eating a sack, but it's much better than a scramble and an ill advised throw or fumble resulting in a turnover..and Zack will do that...fumble and give up picks...history has shown that

Also we can most likely get Matt and Strev cheaper than Strev/Zack..Or Strev/Masolli and that helps our bottom line keeping guys like Jefferson..Bryant..Rose..etc
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #438 on: December 03, 2019, 03:23:05 PM »

100% true.   The challenge with ZC is that one hard slap or elbow to his head will have him miss a month or more based on his history. 

Love the guy and regardless of what anyone says he is a better passer than MN and overall the best QB of the three.    Darn concussions and risk
I do acknowledge the fact that Collaros is at higher risk of having his career ended with one more head shot.....similar to Buck who had issues when he signed with us and then sustained even more damage behind a not very good O Line.   Nichols age and injury problems, albeit not concussion related are also a factor to consider and we won't know for certain how his throwing arm will be affected by surgery.   At this point that is still a big question mark.

The other big question mark is LaPo and if he stays Nichols fits right into his offence as would Zach.    There are many unanswered questions at this point and we can all speculate till the cows come home.    If Nichols shoulder injury doesn't impede his abilities as a passer I will concede that he is less of a risk factor moving forward.   However we won't fully know exactly how well Nichols recovery will be until training camp.

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
booch

« Reply #439 on: December 03, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »

age wise they are basically a saw off...1 yr difference...and one with no concussion history
GCn19

« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2019, 04:35:07 PM »

100% true.   The challenge with ZC is that one hard slap or elbow to his head will have him miss a month or more based on his history. 

Exactly. I would be screaming from the roof tops for us to re-sign him if not for all those pesky concussions.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »

If it weren't for these issues he has developed, quite possible he would have just completed his 6th season with the Ti-Cats and maybe had a cup or two with them.

He was truly the QB I wanted going into 2014. So, so badly. I suppose in the end we got the last laugh, though.

I ranted for about two months about how Walters screwed up by not getting Collaros. I wanted the man fired for that. So I agree with your post entirely.

GCn19

« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »

As far as injury history and durability go, both carry substantial risk going forward. Concussion issues are serious, as is an throwing shoulder injury.

Winning a championship is irrelevant in that regard. It's a gamble with either QB.

One risk is FAR more substantial than the other. FAR more.

theaardvark

« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »

I ranted for about two months about how Walters screwed up by not getting Collaros. I wanted the man fired for that. So I agree with your post entirely.

Interesting thought, if Collaros had originally signed here rather than Hamilton, would he have had a healthier career?  Would he have been protected better, and had more opportunity with Lapo calling plays and Harris doing the heavy lifting?  The injuries out QB's have suffered don't seem to be ones that Collaros might have been likely to have suffered, with his style of play... 

His link to southern Ontario would also have changed, Fantuz introduced him to his now wife... had he come here, he's be married off to a nice Winnipeg girl...

Had we signed Collaros instead of Willy, how would the fates of Zach and the WFC have changed?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2019, 05:47:02 PM »

Interesting thought, if Collaros had originally signed here rather than Hamilton, would he have had a healthier career?  Would he have been protected better, and had more opportunity with Lapo calling plays and Harris doing the heavy lifting?  The injuries out QB's have suffered don't seem to be ones that Collaros might have been likely to have suffered, with his style of play... 

His link to southern Ontario would also have changed, Fantuz introduced him to his now wife... had he come here, he's be married off to a nice Winnipeg girl...

Had we signed Collaros instead of Willy, how would the fates of Zach and the WFC have changed?

Don't forget that aside from Willy probably not having the "it" factor to become a top shelf QB, one of the main reasons his career aspirations were killed is because we had zero Oline back in '14. In fact, we have speculated on this board before about how Drew may have turned out had we had the 2016 Oline to start here back in 2014, and if he would have turned out any better.

Good chance with that POS OL, ZC would have had his head taken off still.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #445 on: December 03, 2019, 06:15:32 PM »

Let's keep both of these guys.  The CFL is a two QB league and unfortunately I think Streveler will not be a top tier QB in terms of passing ability. 
GCn19

« Reply #446 on: December 03, 2019, 06:20:41 PM »

I honestly believe that if we signed Collaros in 2014 we would have been GC champs within a couple years. However, we will never know for sure.

GCn19

« Reply #447 on: December 03, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »

Let's keep both of these guys.  The CFL is a two QB league and unfortunately I think Streveler will not be a top tier QB in terms of passing ability. 

Interesting thought, but I doubt Collaros is interested in backup money.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #448 on: December 03, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »

Don't forget that aside from Willy probably not having the "it" factor to become a top shelf QB, one of the main reasons his career aspirations were killed is because we had zero Oline back in '14. In fact, we have speculated on this board before about how Drew may have turned out had we had the 2016 Oline to start here back in 2014, and if he would have turned out any better.

Good chance with that POS OL, ZC would have had his head taken off still.

Very true, here are some names that played on the 2014 O-line.

GREAVES, Christopher
JANUARY, Glenn   
KNAPP, Dan
MORLEY, Steven
NEUFELD, Patrick
GOOSSEN, Matthias   
HOWARD, Cordaro

BRYANT, Stanley
CHUNGH, Sukh
DANIELS, Jace
GOOSSEN, Matthias
GREAVES, Christopher
PICARD, Dominic
NEUFELD, Patrick
CAPERS, Selvish

BRYANT, Stanley
CHUNGH, Sukh
GOOSSEN, Matthias
HARDRICK, Jermarcus
NEUFELD, Patrick
BOND, Travis
rubanski

« Reply #449 on: December 03, 2019, 06:51:48 PM »

Ok Winnipeg'r... Neither Nichols nor Collaros is signing for backup money.

I don't think Nichols will be able to get the same kind of money he got paid last year though. Or at least it's going to be incentive laden.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: