Blue Bombers Forum
October 31, 2020, 12:29:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 45058 times)
longtimeblue

« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »

Nichols isn't an elite QB that you trade for to make sure you get him, especially when you consider the throwing shoulder injury.

I agree with this. With all the young, talented, dynamic backups that have stepped up this year, how many teams are looking for a Matt Nichols type of QB? I think the market is not big.

I honestly think Strev would have more appeal than Nichols.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:21:23 PM by longtimeblue » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »

He'll be back unless he get an NFL shot..but I think with age and how he went out last time that hios window is closed there

he said he he wanted to sign a one yr deal here..play it out..see how everything fits and if he feels comfortable here and if he liked it...I think all boxes were checked off for him and I would be shocked if he isn't back on a 2 year deal

Willie is only 28 so age is not a problem yet, I think if there is interest he will take another shot at the NFL, but if he doesn't make it he'll probably be happy to come back to Wpg.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2019, 09:24:06 PM »

Clearly we can win with both QBs.  It comes down to age and health.  Does Nichols have many more years to give or will he retire soon?  I think it also depends on where LaPolice ends up.  There is a high likelihood he becomes a HC somewhere.. BC is my bet.  When that happens, Pierce will most likely be promoted to OC.  May there be a spot for Nichols to be a QB coach and Collaros and Streveler to take the reins at QB? Many QBs retired early and becomes great coaches like Maas, Jones, Crandall to name a few.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2019, 09:36:10 PM »

Callaros is as good as gone from here. This topic title is silly. It should be titled who are our QBs in 2020?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2019, 09:42:58 PM »

Clearly we can win with both QBs.  It comes down to age and health.  Does Nichols have many more years to give or will he retire soon?  I think it also depends on where LaPolice ends up.  There is a high likelihood he becomes a HC somewhere.. BC is my bet.  When that happens, Pierce will most likely be promoted to OC.  May there be a spot for Nichols to be a QB coach and Collaros and Streveler to take the reins at QB? Many QBs retired early and becomes great coaches like Maas, Jones, Crandall to name a few.
Pretty sure neither Maas, Jones, or Crandell were incumbent starters when they retired though.
Pigskin

« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »

Collaris could be gone, but Nichols isn't the guy for us. After watching Collaris, bomber fans must realise that Matt does not move very well and can not buy himself time and make plays with his legs.
blue girl

« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2019, 11:43:20 PM »

According to Ted Wyman on twitter Willie Jefferson has made it clear that he wants to stay here. I wish knew how to send the link but basically he said that he's looking for a home and feels like this is home.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2019, 11:52:37 PM »

According to Ted Wyman on twitter Willie Jefferson has made it clear that he wants to stay here. I wish knew how to send the link but basically he said that he's looking for a home and feels like this is home.

Regardless of the QB situation. Which I am sure will work out great! Willie needs to be signed up first. He has earned it. Pay the man.

blue girl

« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2019, 12:05:57 AM »

Totally agree. Besides who else is going to say "Come on down to Winnipeg"?  Cheesy  Cheesy
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2019, 12:09:55 AM »

Totally agree. Besides who else is going to say "Come on down to Winnipeg"?  Cheesy  Cheesy
lol I have the shirt that quotes that and the smoke quote as well. Saying that he better be there!

blue girl

« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2019, 02:15:22 AM »

lol I have the shirt that quotes that and the smoke quote as well. Saying that he better be there!
Same here and I just bought mine last week.  Cheesy
dd

« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2019, 02:23:14 AM »

That was no doubt the white of the here

How bout that smoke man, how bout that smoke. Cmon down to winnipeg man, cmon down to winnipeg . Pure gold!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2019, 02:33:53 AM »

Same here and I just bought mine last week.  Cheesy
It was my lucky shirt for 3 playoff wins! Most cherished T I got now! I mean it looks like he?s ready to kill somebody on the T!

Nic16

« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2019, 02:36:09 AM »

Doubt the Game Mgr will be willing to take much of a pay cut and the BB may not be willing to give up their 1st for Collaros...who was likely planning to go back to Toronto anyway.

Streveler didn?t show enough as a passer to attract a sizeable offer that would entice him to leave a good situation in Wpg. He re-signs a 2 yr show me bonus-laden contract.

After a bad year Ottawa will likely want a veteran starter, so I?m thinking they?ll be all in on Masoli.

That leaves Nichols & Arbuckle.

Taking the first 2 points into account and the GC win, I think the BB go after Arbuckle with a very attractive 2 yr bonus-laden contract.

Arbuckle, Strev & McGuire would give LaPo & Buck a very competitive QB competition. And the Grey Cup win buys them the time to figure out which one will lead the Bombers into the next decade.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2019, 02:42:02 AM »

Doubt the Game Mgr will be willing to take much of a pay cut and the BB may not be willing to give up their 1st for Collaros...who was likely planning to go back to Toronto anyway.

Streveler didn?t show enough as a passer to attract a sizeable offer that would entice him to leave a good situation in Wpg. He re-signs a 2 yr show me bonus-laden contract.

After a bad year Ottawa will likely want a veteran starter, so I?m thinking they?ll be all in on Masoli.

That leaves Nichols & Arbuckle.

Taking the first 2 points into account and the GC win, I think the BB go after Arbuckle with a very attractive 2 yr bonus-laden contract.

Arbuckle, Strev & McGuire would give LaPo & Buck a very competitive QB competition. And the Grey Cup win buys them the time to figure out which one will lead the Bombers into the next decade.

I think it?s gonna be difficult to keep Lapo here next year. I can see him in Ottawa. Does Steveler go with him?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: